You can't win a lottery you haven't entered! Please read here for information on lottery scams.
#402044 by Reportandie Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:12 pm
I thought I had won $220,000 in a travel company giveaway promotion when I scratched one of two cards. I got an envelope stamped from Malaysia addressed to me in Taupo, New Zealand just before Christmas from some outfit called Smartravel Holiday. I thought it was too good to be true, so I checked out their web site at http://smartravelholiday.com and found it existed and has an address in Selangor, Malaysia. But it did look a bit fishy because you can't book any of their travel packages online.

They also have a contact phone number so I gave it a call. They asked for all sorts of details and even wanted to have a scan of the envelope, and so on. I smelled a rat, so I decided to check out Smartravel Holiday with Google, and that's when I found it was a scam. Apparently they would next ask for a few thousand dollars in some fictitious tax, and then they would disappear after receiving it! So I decided to ignore them, only they keep calling me back because they have my phone number. What a bunch of losers.
Advertisement