Fake banks, couriers, law firms, escrow and other fake sites used in scams.
#13416 by tscott Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:06 pm
ack.... even that check did get returned to me.....

C****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well good thing i reported it

though i think its just a tad to late for that now :(
Advertisement

#13422 by The Enchantress Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:18 pm
I can well understand your anger at this situation. This forum has many guides and tips to keep people safe and secure online.

You are in an excellent situation, whereby if you were to post your story, situation and circumstances, these will help alert and save others from having to suffer the same hassles you have been put through.

Also, I and other support team members are quite prepared to answer any questions or concerns you have.

Photos - are scammers using yours? click here
Are you falling for a love scammer? click here
Never send money by Western Union/Moneygram.
Never give personal information.
Online anyone can claim to be anyone, any age and from anywhere.
#14935 by superlito Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:57 pm
Hi!
Did anyone find out about the bestjobcandidate.com dormain?
They are advertising on facebook as a job services agency with email address: [email protected].
They first request for a photo and cv, which i foolishly sent..its after i received this reply that bells started ringing!!! i hope they dont mess with my personal info! :yikes:

FABIAN NELSON
2 Marshaw Street,London
SWIP 4DF, U.K
+447031895688

Dear Applicant, Thank you for submitting your inquiry we guarantee service of the following:Please find the services,duration and cost in £ below:
1. Placement for nanny/aupair services. (UK and CANADA) Within 3 months £100
2. Placement for caregivers, drivers and unskilled labourers. (UK and CANADA) Within 3 months £150
3. Placement in hospitality industry. (UK and CANADA). Within 3 months £200
4. Placement for teachers, nurses and doctors. (UK and CANADA) Within 3 months £300
5. Placement of students in universities and colleges. (UK only) Within 3 months £350
6. Assist in acquiring online degrees programmes and certificates. (UK only) 1 year online course £750 for certificate. 1 year 6 months online degree course £1000 for both certificate and degree.
7. Degrees for work experience of 10 years and more. Convert your 10 + years work experience into a degree. (UK only online service).6 months £850.
8. Attestation of degrees and certificates. (UK only) Within 2 months £100 per copy APPLICATON PROCEDURES:
1) Identify the service you require above.
2) Pay required fees through western union to: FABIAN NELSON2 Marshaw Street,London SWIP 4DF, U.KTel contact: +447031895688
3) Email us back your payment receipts and transfer details alongside your application requirements to: [email protected]
4) Receive a confirmation call from us through the contacts you have provided (confirmation call is approximately 30 minutes).
5) Further instructions and procedure to commence after 7 days of your confirmation according to your application. Contact us for any further inquiries.
Regards,Customer Support,[email protected].
#14936 by The Enchantress Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:36 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners superlito. Thank You for posting this information, it will alert and warn others.

If you have any questions or concerns please post and a support team member will be glad to help you.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I noted the following explanation posted earlier in this thread.

The domain "bestjobcandidate.com" is not a domain at all.

AOL offers the domain name as part of an e-mail address domain that you can choose.

Instead of having an e-mail address @aol.com you can choose other domain names like bestjobcandidate.com.

The bestjobcandidate.com e-mail domain is in the group called Business and Finance.

Concerning the above scammers mail;

The FABIAN NELSON - 2 Marshaw Street, London address is fake.

The telephone number is a UK redirect service to any cellphone worldwide, much favoured by scammers.

Any request to wire fees through Western Union is a certain sign of a scam.

Photos - are scammers using yours? click here
Are you falling for a love scammer? click here
Never send money by Western Union/Moneygram.
Never give personal information.
Online anyone can claim to be anyone, any age and from anywhere.
#14940 by Jillian Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:23 pm
Further illustration of the domain, as The Enchantress quoted from the previous poster, it is a choice from a pre-determined list of email addresses. You can see the list here: http://www.tunome.com/categoryBrowse.jsp

Have you sent a payment to a scammer with Western Union and now realize it's a scam? If the payment has not been picked up, you can cancel it immediately! 1-800-448-1492

Follow ScamWarners on Twitter: http://twitter.com/ScamWarners
#14956 by Ralph Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:21 am
Hi Superlito,

Glad we could help you, if you have any other questions now or in the future please ask.

Meanwhile you can help us by telling others of your experience and about scammers in general, you never know who you might save from being scammed by doing so
#26833 by rmartin973 Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:30 am
Mystery Shopper -- new "contact name," comma after 1211 looks strange. McAfee does not indicate an opinion on any site with this name per a Google search. email sender is: [email protected]

ALL APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE SENT TO Mr. Peter Wells via his e-mail address: [email protected]

Communications & Human Resources Center, USA.
1211, Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10036
Email: [email protected]

To ensure that you can receive email messages from the Mystery America, do add "[email protected]" to your Sender Safe List, or contact your IT administrator to update your firm's email software.
©2006-2010 The Mystery America, 1211 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY 10036.