Fake banks, couriers, law firms, escrow and other fake sites used in scams.
#8678 by almost_scammed09 Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:15 am
Extra-Delivery (PVT) Ltd. Formerly called Extra-Warehouse, Extra-Lines, etc.

They are currently advertising on www.cycleclassifieds.com, www.cycletrader.com, www.motorcycle.com/classifieds, www.cycletrades.com, www.motorcyclescan.com (and whatever other website they can find) base location of Eatontown, NJ; London, UK, Florida, and California for the 2004 Suzuki GSXR 1000 (this is what I was looking for) listed on March 10, 2009 is a fraud, money scam. They use a fake shipping escow storage website (www.extra-delivery.com) to get your information and want you to wire cash. This website is so professional. It has repriable company logos. You can request a quote for pickup and shipping. They have an escrow section where they say they are the middleman to protect the buyer and seller. This service was suppose to hold funds received by a buyer and hold merchandise sent by the seller to ship whenever a legitimate transaction is made. This company sends you an invoice of the price of the product after successful registration. You send payment via Wester Union. The catch is that you can't send it online via Western Union, you have to go into a Western Union location. I was very skeptical about sending money to a shipping company that didn't have any contact information on their website. I emailed Ryan Barnes (aka Richard Duston aka Rayan Guzman) and he told me that they were having website trouble but they emailed him (not me since I'm the sender). I told him that I emailed them too but they didn't reply back to me. As soon as I told him that I think it was a scam, the website was temporarily disabled. He seemed very nice but very persistent. He has a great storyline about his wife being in NJ and he traveling on business in London. He has other advertisings also under the email address [email protected] (Ryan Barnes or Richard Duston) out of UK. I looked up the address where the bike was suppose to be in NJ and that's a doctor's office complex with a liquor store beside it. I looked up the address to recipient I was suppose to Western Union the funds to and that was a clothing store. Please catch this person(s) doing this....they are making a fortune, at least from the online fraud reports I've read. I wonder how many people haven't said anything and just counted it as a lost. They are supposedly on Ebay and Craigslist also. These sites need to monitor more closely about the false advertisings made.

BeWare. Do not trust all internet purchases where they insist you send cash.
Advertisement

#8697 by Jillian Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:33 pm
Hi and welcome here. Good for you for being suspect and avoiding being scammed. Thank you for taking the time to post this to help others who look for information.

You're right, that website is very likely fraudulent. As you said, it is not loading but I researched the information on it. It was very newly registered:

Created: 2009-03-16
Expires: 2010-03-16
Updated: 2009-03-31

The updated date means there was a change, which could be when it was taken offline. It may have been suspended for being fraudulent or the scammer may now be using it only for the email facility. Do you have an email address at that domain? We can investigate them and if the email facility is still being used, report it to the hoster.

Have you sent a payment to a scammer with Western Union and now realize it's a scam? If the payment has not been picked up, you can cancel it immediately! 1-800-448-1492

Follow ScamWarners on Twitter: http://twitter.com/ScamWarners