Learn about us and introduce yourself
#209075 by Tennman Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:43 am
Hello,I have a brother in law who I believe has been scammed and STILL being scammed from online dating service(idiot)..He is about to zero out my Mom in laws bank account..from what I gather is this "Ashley" he met loves him ,and now says he is umm..Married too,lol.."ashley" needs money to fly back from guess where??NIGERIA!!..he has sent $500 :shock: as mom in law thinks he is now married and this is a legit person(she is in hospital bed at home VERY I'll) so she lets him have the money(oh he doesnt work,sound familiar?)So.....I get on his Fb..he has these pics from "ashley collins" on fb or ashley Titi collins(search it,you will see its ALSO the same girl thats on..http://flirty9.com/inbox_dialogue.php?u ... r_id=30930 with SAME text #.....So I got on the phone and let mom in law hear the TRUTH!! My wife drove up yesterday as well..Now Bro in law is FURIOUS!! says umm.thats her "sister" that this ashley texts him....OH!! and "ashley" can NOT call out nor can we call her!! :roll: Hahaha..So I explain over the phone this HAS to be a scam and STOP giving money to Bro inlaw ASAP!! You DO NOT give someone you have NEVER SEEN IN PERSON Money!! I have contacted the authorities in Mich(where the text number is from and louisville(where in law family is at) with no help.. anyone every heard of this?? ALSO..the email she is using is [email protected]
Advertisement

#209107 by TerranceBoyce Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:48 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners Tennman.

Yes, it's all pretty standard operating procedure for a 419 scammer, though most frequently they go for females and pretend to be American soldiers, but they'll go for anyone who has any cash they can scam, and they won't let go once they get a sniff of money.

The person he's in contact with is unlikely to be female though they can often get a relative to stand in if they have to answer a phone call. It's also not uncommon for them to have contacts in the USA, the UK, in fact all over the world and they'll all help for a cut of the money.

A gang that was recently busted in the UK they believe netted £30,000,000 and a female victim in the USA ended up losing her house over it. Once they hook you, they don't let go and they'll get victims to take out loans, steal money or act for them in handling stolen money. It never ends well and you should make sure that any relatives are safe from him.

This is the link to the article I mention in case you don't believe me.

http://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=86790

This was a lottery scam, but the way they work it is the same - start with small amounts, make up problems and ask for more.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle
#209164 by Tennman Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:41 pm
Thanks Terrance! He now has called his mom saying "ashley" has been up Crying ALL night now she cant get home from Nigeria,lol..and that its her SISTER in the picture on the date site,LMAO..AND Fortunately for US,Mom in law said "NO!!! I cant send anything anymore!" .. :=) we will if she sticks to her end of the deal now...*fingers crossed*
#209254 by TerranceBoyce Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:20 am
I sense that you're not on the best of terms with your brother in law so it's probably best left to your wife to attempt to convince him that he's being scammed. Though the scammers are usually aiming for much more than $500 I've known them go as low as $50 with one person they'd made destitute.

If they can persuade someone to beg, borrow or steal, the scammer really doesn't care.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle