Learn about us and introduce yourself

hi

#193548 by strawberry1968 Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:54 am
i am new here and someone has been talking to me and I am not sure if he is a romancescammer,how cn I search here to see if this email and person is a scammer for sure or not without them knowing I am doing this
Advertisement

#193549 by Dotti Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:31 pm
If your instinct is telling you he is a probable scammer, he almost certainly is one.

Google indexes these forums, so if you search the email address (in quotes) on google, it will show you it is listed here.

But--scammers change email addresses all the time. If an address is not listed here, it doesn't mean he isn't a scammer. It is very possible that it is a new address that hasn't been posted yet.

The easiest thing to do is to post a few of the messages he sent you. Just copy and paste them into a post, and remove your information. You can remove his information if you like, until we determine whether he is a scammer. With a few of his messages we will likely be able to tell you.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#193597 by jolly_roger Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:39 am
Another good idea is to scroll to the top of this page. In the top right corner is the site search box, whereby typing a name of some description will give any site results. If the scammer has previously been reported in the forums, it will show.