Learn about us and introduce yourself
#186249 by corsages Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:18 pm
Hello all,
my name is corsages and I post as corsages2 on Scam.com . I mostly work on Autotrader UK scams, and I know several others here do too. Scam.com is a bit flaky (they lost several tens of thousands of threads temporarily at the New Year) so I'm joining here as a plan B.
Happy scambusting.
Advertisement

#186254 by TerranceBoyce Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:10 pm
You'll be very welcome corsages.

I've been working especially on one group of scammer targeting Autotrader UK. The point being that the website, the car dealers and buyers are all potential victims of the scammers posting fake adverts there. The scammers are stealing money from victims and the car dealers, and they harm the website too.

This group blitz post their scam adverts which makes them easy to spot and a major peril to buyers who may be first time users of the site. We know they operate on other sites but we can only report those we track down and that we are certain are scams.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle
#186267 by Jillian Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:58 pm
Welcome here, corsages. We're always happy to have cooperation and cross membership with other anti scam sites. Let us know if you have any questions.

Have you sent a payment to a scammer with Western Union and now realize it's a scam? If the payment has not been picked up, you can cancel it immediately! 1-800-448-1492

Follow ScamWarners on Twitter: http://twitter.com/ScamWarners
#186280 by AlanJones Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:48 am
Welcome corsages,

Like Terrance I've been investigating and reporting the major AutoTrader scam group - it's nice to have someone else here to highlight those scams.

Alan

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.