Learn about us and introduce yourself
#183575 by zrpb Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:34 pm
O NOT BUY FROM "JOHN BELTRAN" or HI TEK DIGITAL ELECTRONICS
After a month dealing with "John Beltran", a worker in Hi Tek Digital Electronics owned by "Mr. Nguyen" I want to share my experience with this company. I ordered 2 Iphones 5 16gb from Baton Rouge and I was going to receive 1 more for free. After I had done the payment to Latanyia Bennett (the "accountant of the company") through Western Union (where you cannot get your money back, contrarily to Paypal or other methods). After everything was sorted out, "John Beltran sent me a message saying that the shipping company asked for 425dollars more in order to send the pack, but now instead of 3 he was going to send me 7 because the shipping company have a policy of a minimum weight so the minimum requirement were 7 iphones to achieve that weight. Instead of the inicial 600dollars I had know to pay 1945dollars. After more and more excuses and having no Iphones yet, I started to make more research about them, and here is what I found:
- The address that he claims that is the one of the company, if you go to google earth you see that it i not there.
- Everytime that he sent me a cellphone number in the "invoices" the cellphone number was different and not working, and sometimes the adress was also different (the post code)
- He refuses to send the company registration number - claiming that he does not knows what that is, and if you look online you won't be able to find a company register with this name.
- The shipping company (www.sorewayslogist.com), the domain is fake. The webpage was created at the same time John Beltran started to post adds on the internet, and you can see that there is no place for you to send products if you want, this not happens in other companies (Fedex...). I sent an email to the company email asking if I could sent laptops from the UK to the USA and no one reply, and in the company invoice in the section of weight it did not appear anything.

HIS EMAIL IS:
[email protected]
HIS SKYPE NAME:
hitekdigitalelectronics
Advertisement

#183583 by Mike Wilson Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:01 pm
Hello zrpb,
Welcome to Scamwarners and I am sorry that you lost money to these criminals. Please post the email where they first asked for the payment to be sent via Western Union ( be sure to remove your personal information first).
The fake shipping company www.sorewayslogist.com has been reported for fraud.

If you have any additional questions about this scam please ask.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon