Learn about us and introduce yourself
#182033 by unitdriver Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:19 am
This person [email protected] is responsible for ripping of people on ebay using the buyer protection scheme on ebay currently trying to sell a 06range rover with a 2010 facelift for £4500 you not allowed to buy in person they say they send it for 7 days for approvel I am currently in the postion to sting them they don't know I know and still in communication with them ,any advice please
Advertisement

#182038 by TerranceBoyce Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:23 am
Welcome to Scamwarers unitdriver.

What you're discussing is baiting scammers and, if you want to do that it would be advisable to join 419eater.com which is a sister to this site, and you can learn the simple basic ways to bait scammers and remain safe and secure. It's nothing complicated or technical, and no costs. but it's best to know what you're doing and do it securely.

I'm a scambaiter too, and we don't deal with it here simply because it will only confuse and possibly distress victims who have lost money and suffered from the activities of these criminals.

I've baited this person (or group) under various identities and it's not very exciting and is something to be repeated again and again with the aim of finding out what accounts they're laundering money through. I'm aware that other groups are also doing the same thing so, if enough people are working to the same aim, it will slow them down, even if they can't be stopped, as I'm afraid that UK law enforcement appears inert and impotent.

I've also joined with another group who scan ad sites for fraudulent adverts and report them, and you'd be astonished to know how many there are. It takes a while to learn how to spot them and how to 'sniff' them out, but it's a useful skill as it also provides a good supply of scammers to bait. I can connect you with that as and when you need to know. Last night I reported about 20 and all of them had baitable e-mail addies (and I'm not very prolific), so don't get precious about any one scammer in particular, another 10 will be along tomorrow.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle
#182132 by TerranceBoyce Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:01 am
There are organised criminal gangs phishing for Ebay accounts and also car dealer accounts on Autotrader which makes it very risky to rely on feedback scores on Ebay and a belief that you're dealing with a car dealer on Autotrader. Last night I picked up 30 or so scam adverts on Autotrader and another person is spending a lot of time seeking out compromised accounts on Ebay.

I reported the adverts I found last night and some of them were taken down, but not all of them. I'll post details of those that remain in the ad scam forum here and they'll include details of the scammers' email accounts.

I have a simple method to detect and locate Autotrader scam adverts, that I won't mention, or it might enable the scammer to avoid detection.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle