Learn about us and introduce yourself
#180730 by christyjdavis Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:30 am
When I searched I found this website with warnings of this scam, on the scams listed here the name is Jordan Evans the name on the email I received is Cody Evans he was replying to a post to sale my mustang from the following email [email protected]

Good to have your reply. I am Cody from Saint Paul, MN. and would have loved to come and inspect this at your place myself, but I am a marine engineer and presently off-shore I do not have access to phone facilities. I promise you that everything will go smoothly because this is my first time on the Cl. I am buying this for my son in Washington as a surprise gift, and he is a mechanic,My son will take care of any minor fault the vehicle may have. I'm ready to pay your asking price and to be honest and pls just make sure it is in condition described. I will appreciate more pictures if available and will be sending your money asap. My shipper will be available to pick this up as soon as payment its made. My only quickest payment option is PayPal as i can send money via PayPal anytime. Since I'm requesting this transaction to be done via PayPal,  i will be responsible for all the paypal fee/charges on this transaction and if you don't have an account with paypal,its pretty easy, safe and secured to open one. Just log on towww.paypal.com its good for business payment. Confirm sale to me and remove the add from posting. So i look forward to hear from you. Your PayPal e-Mail Address :      Full name:Firm Price:Many Thanks
Last edited by Bryon Williams on Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Added quotation.
Advertisement

#180733 by Bryon Williams Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:40 am
Welcome to Scamwarners christyjdavis,

Yes, it is a Scammer attempting to steal your money. This is a typical fake over payment scam. We like for scammers to make mistakes in their emails. It gives red flags to victims. Just stop communicating with him and eventually he will go away.

In this scam the scammer is NOT interested in your "item". He wants to steal your money. No one will ever come to pick up the "item". It is all a scam with the scammer playing all roles. The scammer is using a free email address and a fake name.

The scammer wanted to send you a fake Paypal payment. He has a fake Paypal address from a free email provider. The payment would look real. Its a screen shot of a fake payment. He then will instruct you to pay a mover, shipper or agent. The fake Paypal email from the scammer would say that your Paypal funds will be released when you send the scammer (mover,agent or shipper) money via Western Union or Money Gram. In reality Paypal would never hold your funds.

Log into Paypal directly without any links to check for monies received or call Paypal directly from the number on their site.

If you are selling electronics, Cell phones or computers then the scammer is trying to steal your "item". Your fake funds will be released when you send the scammer a scan copy of a receipt showing you mailed your item.

This same scam works with fake check and money orders. You and your bank will think they are real. After you cash the fake check. Days or weeks later your bank will inform you of the fraud. Your bank will have you repay the monies. Possibly close your account for fraud and report you to Law Enforcement.

The best thing to do is to sell in person face to face in a public place.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/