Learn about us and introduce yourself
#180800 by Dotti Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:22 pm
I'm going to point out a few things in the conversation that are typical of conversations with scammers.

1:23:59 PM gabriel.perry84: Babe just be calm ok.. Don't tell me u have been telling every one about us
1:25:02 PM gabriel.perry84: Ok babe.. I don't like pple know about my relationship.
1:25:17 PM gabriel.perry84: Cus they do give bad advice

BIG RED FLAG. This is typical scammer. He doesn't want you to tell anyone about him, because the more people you tell, the more likely it is that one of them will tell you it is a scam. Scammers will do their best to separate their victims from friends and loved ones, as there is a chance someone will open your eyes and possibly put an end to his payday.

9:03:42 PM ME: So u will be 39, right?
9:04:31 PM gabriel.perry84: 38
9:05:36 PM ME: Oh I thought u said u were already 38? Or were u just rounding up since ur bday is so close?
9:06:44 PM gabriel.perry84: Yes I did round it up.

He wasn't rounding up. He simply forgot how old his character was supposed to be. Fortunately for him, he was offered an explanation so he just grabbed it. Otherwise, he might not have been able to think up a fast response.

6:25:45 PM gabriel.perry84: I have no choice.. I will just take a nap and be ok.

He's most likely mixing up his time zones and forgetting what time it is supposed to be where he is.

5:14:07 PM ME: Are you a dessert guy? Do you have a favorite dessert?
5:14:28 PM gabriel.perry84: well i dont really like that

He doesn't know what dessert means, so he is trying to get out of answering the question.

5:17:57 PM gabriel.perry84: oh i love cookies
5:18:05 PM ME: Well, that's dessert....
5:18:51 PM gabriel.perry84: i said i dont really not that i dont like atall
5:19:13 PM ME: Ok...so what's your favorite cookie?
5:20:44 PM gabriel.perry84: bittersweet cookies
5:21:03 PM ME: Hmmmm...I don't know that I've every heard of those.
5:21:49 PM gabriel.perry84: it's a new type of cookies

Another example of the scammer not having a clue what you are talking about, but taking his cues from you and trying to cover his tracks. He most likely doesn't know the term "cookies" as they have different names in his actual country. He makes that comment because he you said everyone else likes them so he thinks he should. When you correct him, he makes a quick recovery. But now he's cornered, because he said he loves cookies, so he has to answer your question about favorite kind. Notice it was a full minute and a half before he answered, when his other responses came in less than a minute. He was trying to think of something, and he very likely googled "cookies" and wrote the first thing he saw (which was probably a recipe or something about bittersweet chocolate cookies.)

The "new type of cookies" is just a standard scammer response to everything--when you challenge whether something exists, one of their first response is that it is new. You see this a lot with their fake forms, policies, etc.

5:03:34 PM ME: Are they a certain kind of horse?
5:03:44 PM gabriel.perry84: not really

A horse owner and breeder is absolutely going to know what kind of horses he owns. The scammer, on the other hand, doesn't have a clue about horse breeds.

When you are in the middle of a chat, many of these things won't look too obvious, but after the fact, sometimes you can see them more clearly if you look over the logs.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
Advertisement

#180801 by sunshine47167 Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:41 pm
Yeah, that's what someone else posted earlier, but there is NO WAY I'm giving up my friends or family. He picked the wrong person to try to scam because I'm always somewhat skeptical...I was doing research and my mom was sending me links to sites that I had already visited, including this one. I hate being that way, but I've had people try to scam me before so I always try to keep my guard up. I will admit at some point I thought maybe he was the real deal, but all the pics he would send me weren't recent, so I started to become suspicious. I do have a couple of more conversations to post, but we had a lot so I'm posting a few everyday. As I'm posting these conversations, the only thing I'm noticing is how boring they sound!!! LOL
#181071 by Smith Jones Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:47 pm
Isn't it funny how when you're in the middle of all those conversations they seem so great, and then you realize they hardly said anything of substance! I was amazed. It's a learning experience and I'm glad you've got a strong sense and a great family support system.
#182719 by Sickomagnet Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:00 am
To the lady that posted about oliverjason788 he now tried to scam me, but i decided to google his yahoo msg name and low and behold you posted him. Thanks. I had already given my routing and account number but called the bank immediately and told them honestly what happen and the issued me a new account.

My red flag was when he asked me for my username and password to gain access to my account so he could monitor the transfer of money he was sending to me. I pretended I didn't know it. He told me to to online and set up an account. I told him, which is partly true, that I have login access on my computer but my username and password are **** out for my protection. They are saved in where I don't have to type them. Long story short I told him I will monitor the transaction and let him know if successful or not.

He tried thatvWalmart card nosense on me, and credit card. They probably would have purchased merchandise to resale from where ever they really live.

I gave him a lot of personal information including my address. With my usernameand password he probably could have ordered checks on my account or something.

I will to a seperate post with pictures of him soon.

I posted here first because something Gabriel Perry said struck me as familiar. The comment about the tattoos. I wish there were pictures of him so we can see if its the same guy.

I will be posting soon to help protect all the lonely hearts like mine. I have lots of messages. I talked to him for almost a week.
#182792 by sunshine47167 Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:58 pm
Sickomagnet- I posted pics of him on another scam site. I don't know if I'm allowed to post the site name on here or not, but it is on romancescam.com with the same name as this post. There were several pics, including his "deployment" letter.
#182795 by Jillian Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:25 pm
Welcome sickomagnet. I'm so glad that sunshine's information here has helped you to find the truth.

@sunshine: You are welcome to post a link to the topic at RomanceScam.com here to make it easier for sickomagnet to find. :D

Have you sent a payment to a scammer with Western Union and now realize it's a scam? If the payment has not been picked up, you can cancel it immediately! 1-800-448-1492

Follow ScamWarners on Twitter: http://twitter.com/ScamWarners