Learn about us and introduce yourself
#178598 by mslavev Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:49 pm
The site is www.arfbe.com,the site where i bought, they have also a twin site that is www.lydxcy.com ... i had trust of them because wrote thousand mails before buying. At the end i payed all products that i wanted, and now i am waiting, the shipping must be at the end of next week. They reply me very fast, giving me good details, like everything's good. After the last my buying they stop reply, and are not online on the site, they give me tracking number with UPS, but it was not ups, and i found it only in a USA and it is transiting to the destation. I'm from Italy, they are from China, Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, with a company name that you cannot found nothing on google .com or .cn. I trusted them, i don't know why, i am careful every time when i buy.... Today made a call in China, first i call them, and for "english" there was not trace. Only speak Chinese, the second time i called with my friend that teach Chinese and the first phone one man reply, it was like drunk, saying the same thing until the end of the conversation, on the other tel. there was girl that reply she says cannot do anything, i asked the number of UPS. Third phone - nothing.
I lost 4950 euro for the orders i made.

This is scam right?

I fell that i am so stupid. :(
Last edited by mslavev on Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
Advertisement

#178619 by jolly_roger Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:56 am
I'm sorry a bad circumstance has happened to you mslavev.
Unfortunate to say but it's always risky with online purchasing. In this instance I would not be trusting of said site. arfbe.com is registered to someone known as andy who owns just over a thousand other domains. The registration date being 22-Sep-2013 and the site has an expiration date of 22-Sep-2014. The site having the bare 12 month registration which is a favourite ploy of scam artists. The contact details of 'andy' is stated as Beijing China.
#178620 by mslavev Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:00 am
I contacted also Interpol, Cryme-police of my Nation, and the oficcial site of the city where i buy. I hope these bastards can burn and take my money.
Last edited by mslavev on Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#178624 by Dotti Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:25 am
The domain was registered less than a month ago, but the website states this:

Copyright © 2005- 2010 ZOL. All rights reserved.

The "address" is not a real address. If it were really located in a business park or zone, there would be further information (building number, plot number, something like that.) But googling that bogus address (in quotes) leads to a handful of other sites, most of them already flagged on Web of Trust as fraudulent.

This alone tells us that the site is bogus.
Is well known that low-cost labor In China attracts many big and famous companies set up factories, such as electronics giant Apple, Dell, HP, Nokia and Blackberry.

It is true that many large corporations like these have factories in China. But in most cases, they are owned and managed by the corporations. They can't sell things independently. Think of it this way: I live in the United States and Ford has multiple plants. The plants are part of the corporation; the vehicles they produce are sold through the company--they cannot go out and sell vehicles at a lower price.

If the company is contract manufacturing for a major corporation, they are going to be under a contract that prohibits them from selling their products as well. If they got caught doing that, they would be dropped by the corporation (and likely sued.)

That means that ANYONE claiming to sell you an iphone, dell, HP, or any major brand item from the factory in asia is going to be a scammer.

Many factories in Asia do make and sell electronics that are essentially generics or knockoffs. For example, if you go on to ebay, you will find many specialty camera batteries from these suppliers. BUT--these items will NOT carry a major brand name, and you will typically have NO warranty, so it's a buy-at-your-own risk type of scenario. When it comes to phones, you won't be able to get service for a fake, so even if they really provided a product (and scammers like this typically don't) it would not be a risk worth taking.

Unfortunately, scammers are in the business with the intention of stealing people's money. They certainly don't care if a victim complains and demands their money back.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#178650 by Mike Wilson Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:50 pm
www.arfbe.com

Inner Mongolia Taixin Trade Co.,Ltd

[email protected] / [email protected]
Baotou high technology and new technology development zone ,china

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#179139 by marian0102 Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:29 am
Dear Mslavev,

I have added you in my friends list and please contact me before buying or renting anything online.

I suggest you use www.escrow.com for internet purchases,www.ebay.com recommends it.

I want to help without any costs!

Please post on the forum the emails received from the seller,report the ad to the website where you have found the ad(s) and also the website where the ad(s) are or were.People will know and money will be saved.

Dont hesitate to contact me anytime for further information.
#179140 by TerranceBoyce Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:50 am
I must state that there is no chance of the victim getting their money back if the person/company is located in China or Mongolia, and it is misleading to give him any encouragement that this is at all possible.

He can't be certain that he knows the identity of the party that he was dealing with and who knows the legal status of an incorporated body in those countries ? Even if it is a real company and that is their identity who knows what consumer law is in those countries and whether or not it provides any protection to people who pay for products.

Perhaps I am underestimating the sophistication of their legal structures but the simple fact is that few people in the West will know this information. Considering that there are a massive number of fraudsters operating in the West that cannot be traced and who operate beyond the reach of the law, the difficulties and complications of getting redress against scammers in China or Mongolia makes it a certainty that the money is gone for good.

It is a sad situation but this is reality.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle