Learn about us and introduce yourself
#176407 by Grin Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:00 pm
Hi all. Was tracking a scammer this afternoon and came across this site. Thought I'd share just incase I could find this guys address and or warn others of his antics.
He calls himself ' k. i n g s u l t a n 7 8 6 ' on eBay.( with no dot and no spaces )
His name on Youtube is ' h. a r i s 2 k 1 1 '
He is subscibed to Pakistan Cricket and some of his comments there are reported as spam.
On eBay he is listed as coming from Ilford in Essex, however while claiming to be a student he said he is attending Barking Abbey school.
Under scrutiny his feedback shows he is a consistant scammer using the same ploy.I posted this notice below on my FB page. There are is more than this:

Ebay scammers. Never a shortage of them:
Smashed my iphone4 several months ago. Smashed the face again last week.
Bought iphone 5 today on ebay.
My search opened and there was one with 1 minutes 30 seconds left to run. Ooh, quick ! Scroll down, is it new ? Yes. All the bits? Yes. By the time I got my bid tapped in there was 8 seconds left of play. Won the auction at £415.00. Bit surprised. Then I go down the bottom description and the guy says ,'Only had it about 4 weeks.' (Oh no, you just know the warrantee is out this Septmber.)
Thats not new then! My dumb ass fault. So payed Paypal immediately plus the £9.00 P&P. Start looking at this guys 'Feedback'. 13 bads (red badges ) in last twelve months. Nearly as many bad Feedbacks but with green badges. Weird! Dont people understand how to do this stuff ?
Then i get an email from ebay saying seller has reported I bought by mistake and is cancelling sale.
I'm thinking, this guy is having a bath. Second hand phone and you think you should have more money? This is the second one I've bought this week and the other was NEW at £409.00 with £4.00 P&P. I wont go into that except to say it was the same model and I dont have two.
Here's the email I received shortly after:

Dear b. i g g r i n e a r t a e a r,

Hi there congrualtions you've won. Can you please cancel the transaction, as eBay charge a lot of money and I just want to save that. I have received your payment on my PayPal account thanks for the fast payment I will definitely post it in the morning. Plz accept the request thanks

- k. i n g s u l t a n 7 8 6

Apple iPhone 5 (Latest Model) - 32 GB - White & Silver (Unlocked) Smartphone

Item Id: 161105468104
End time: 13-Sep-13 14:31:26 BST
Seller:

k. i n g s u l t a n 7 8 6 (115)
91.2% Positive Feedback
Member since 01-Mar-10 in United Kingdo
Listing Status: This message was sent while the listing was closed.

I missed it initially until Nitzan (friend) pointed it out to me that the guy has been paid and is asking me tell eBay I have cancelled contract and await delivery of my phone outside of eBay! I thought he was just cancelling.

My response:
Dear k. i n g s u l t a n 7 8 6,

Sorry it didnt go the way you wanted. You have given no explanation. Ebay doesnt work that way. This is the value of the item since it was won fairly. I expect you to send the goods I have payed for.

- b. i g g r i n e a r t a e a r

He next message:

Hi there please accept it as I am student and I don't have any money to pay eBay is charges which is a lot of money I didn't know about. I will definitely post the phone in the morning. I have got the money you sent me. Just please accept the request and I will be very happy, hope you will understand my problem. Thanks mate.

I returned this message with:
Dear k. i n g s u l t a n 7 8 6,

You are a student ? Please tell me which college and which course you are attending. After I check the validity of this I can consider what you request.
Sincerely
R.ob Harding

- b. i g g r i n e a r t a e a r

He comes back with: Dear b. i g g r i n e a r t a e a r,

Barking abbey school which is in barking. I hope you will understand my situation mate. As it's £42 that they have put on my eBay account. Thanks

- Dear k. i n g s u l t a n 7 8 6,

I require proof that it is you who is doing a course.If you cannot prove this with sufficient itemisation, then either go to the post office or face the likelyhood of a civil suite. I will check with eBay that the names etc match. As I said, then I will 'consider' this.
I should point out that £42.00 will be the least of your worries if I start sending you recorded delivery letters regarding a county court issue. I charge more than that for a letter.
I suspect you are not telling me the truth.
Be sensible and fulfill our contract.
Sincerely
R.ob Harding
k. i n g s u l t a n 7 8 6

Sorry for the problem caused to you it was just I was trying to save the fees which eBay charge me. And can I have your full address again plz? I will post when I go on my work. You should receive in a few days thanks

Advertisement

#176582 by Grin Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:54 pm
Well, a package arrived today. Was half expecting a piece of wood to be be the contents. Just got through writing to this Haris Malik from Ilford.( email below through eBay ) I believe I will get my money returned. It is deeply disturbing to see how many scams are occuring to so many folk that just cant see that people think this way. I am totally wide eyed after researching this stuff the weekend. This site is a great help.
My email to my scammer:
Haris Malik,
You are a scammer. Your description of this phone is so removed from the truth that it constitutes fraud. You have been fraudulent in this transaction.
I will be be opening a case with eBay and Paypal to have my monies returned plus postage / retuns etc. Then I will consider issuing a county court writ for wasting my time and distress.
The phone is badly worn / scratched chipped and soiled:
1.The headphones are scratched and dirt lies within the scratches.
2.The plug adaptor is badly scratched all over.
3.The case is so badly scratched and dirt is ingrained that it is discolured.
4.Scratches /chipped surfaces are on the top and bottom of the phone where the phone case has no protection while in the case.It is clear to see this phone and this case have been together a while. I would guess that pocket change has does this.
5.The back of the phone has 9 small pot marks, 4 of which are very noticeable and as they are in close proximity draw the eye.The silver strip that runs the front perimeter has chips and scratches and is uneven top bottom and right side front only.

You havent even bothered to remove wax from the headphones.
6.There is one case, not two , as advertised.
This phone is far from 'Mint' as you claimed. This lot is in a discusting state. I will be checking on the warrantee when I have time. You claimed you'd had this some four weeks, I believe the warrantee etc will show this to be a an untruthful statement. You then said it was a gift ? Was it a used item when you received it as a gift ? You advertised this as a new/other item. Like the item is new ,unused but the packaging may be missing etc. It is my view that this can easily be discredited.
I will be writing to ebay and Paypal to have your accounts closed.