Learn about us and introduce yourself
#166342 by mjayne Mon May 20, 2013 6:54 pm
I'm new to this site so would appreciate some guidance - I have been talking online to a man who at first appeared genuine, the only thing that made me question him was he stated his location as Leeds UK but is from US serving in Afghanistan (allegedly) I have only been speakin with this guy for 2 weeks n he loves me !!! He has now request that we be together n I complete a request for his leave - ALARM BELLS !! Now whilst I am a blond female I am NOT that stupid. I haven't been asked for any money yet but I'm assuming that may come. I am still in contact with this guy and am trying to remain normal and not tell him to do one !! Is there anything I can do to stop this idiot before he does actually rip someone off ?? If so can someone advise what I need to do.
Thanks in advance.
Advertisement

#166343 by Bryon Williams Mon May 20, 2013 7:52 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners mjayne,

100% you are in communication with a scammer. He has already planted the seed of a fake leave request. He will have you contact his fake supervisor and apply for leave for him. In reality the supervisor is the scammer himself or his accomplice. He is about to ask for the money. He or his buddy are going to tell you that you must pay for his leave via Western Union or Money Gram.

Everything he says is a lie. If you confront him. He will continue to lie.

Military personnel do not pay for their leave. It is given to them on a yearly basis. Spouses, children nor relatives do not contact their supervisors or request anything. The soldier must do this themselves. That being said. The military will never communicate with an internet girlfriend/wife or friend.

When a soldier is deployed the military provides everything they need. Phones and internet to communicate with family. Soldiers do not have the time to be chatting and looking for love on Dating sites.

If the soldier has a child. The military will make sure that the child is with family. The military will also provided medical care and services to dependent children.

The best thing you can do now. Is to stop communication with him. Post his fake name, email addresses, photos and emails/scripts he used with you.

Once you do this. Do not tell him that he is posted here.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#166361 by vonpaso xlura Tue May 21, 2013 1:02 am
Often these military scammers have a domain that pretends to be the office where civilians apply for military leave (there is no such thing of course). If he's told you to write to something like [email protected] (this was an actual domain used by a scammer for the purpose), post that too and we'll see if we can shut it down.

Photos we recommend uploading to http://scamwarners.com, which has a feature for marking them as "used by scammer" so that a scammer who finds them here can't reuse them.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#166362 by mjayne Tue May 21, 2013 3:10 am
Thank you - this man claims to be Craig Butterfield using [email protected], the website he asked me to send the request to is [email protected]. I am struggling to download the pictures he has sent and the conversations but will have another try later. I would love to nail this pillock as he may contact a female who is taken in by this nonsense.
#166381 by vonpaso xlura Tue May 21, 2013 7:46 am
Please post, with complete headers, the email that asks you to email leaverequest.org. It's not a website, it's an email-only domain, which means we need to send it a message and get a response to have evidence to shut it down. If you post the email, we'll know what to write in the message.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#166411 by mjayne Tue May 21, 2013 12:40 pm
Thanks again - I did try but it wasn't allowing me but will have another go but will be tomorrow _ I would love to tell him exactly what I think but don't worry I won't !!