Learn about us and introduce yourself
Advertisement

#183087 by roma40hadnot Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:48 pm
hi my name is rose just got a email from a Rick smith from turner construction,says he is very interested but needs a pay pal account cause he is buying for a special person,and will not be there to pick up,says he will send mover gave me a number,501 438 9373
#218630 by Tasha Sherrod Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:20 am
Hi this is not a reply but I needed to make sure I am right before I get in to someone else business my mother in law met a man online claiming he was in the military and has told her he loved her and wanted to be with her he told her he had money over 90,000 in boxes and he wanted her to get them because he has no family except a Sister in Colorado he finally has told her she has to send 400 to London to get the boxes to Ohio then Another 400 to get them to Indiana she isvery serious about doing this
#218633 by TerranceBoyce Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:18 am
Welcome to Scamwarners Tasha Sherrod.

There is no known case of anyone wandering about with boxes filled with money needing someone to pay them to move it abroad, let alone someone in the US military. The point of the scam is that if you believe the original story, it's very likely you'll believe anything else he tells you.

US soldiers, like any military, live in a very strictly controlled environment, and it simply isn't possible for them to stash boxes of money because a soldier has no private space and isn't allowed to hold booty which would be thoroughly searched and investigated inside the base, and soldiers only go outside the base, rarely nowadays, on military patrols.

This is a very common story frequently used by West African scammers to steal money from victims. If he did have a box of money, he wouldn't need cash from you. He wants your money to spend in the bar.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle