Learn about us and introduce yourself
#162891 by Kyooko Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:10 am
Would it be okay for me to post scammer's emails from match.com, even though I wasn't scammed?

I had recently paid for a subscription with Match.com, in the hope of finding love online. Instead I keep getting posts from people whom I recognise as scammers. Mostly from key words and sentence structures, and their eagerness to ask me to email them on an external email.

I'm not sure if it would be okay for me to post those emails here? I feel that, by putting them out here, other potential victims can google the emails they get and it would bring them here?

I had tried googling them, but I didn't get any hits. Some are quite convincing, but most are quite the bog-standard emails. I had made sure I report the scammer accounts to match.com as soon as I see them, but I am worried that they might have gotten people before their account got shut down.

Recently, I also got one from eharmony, which was quite surprising. Since I had been on both sites around the same time, match.com practically gave me a scammer a day, while eharmony probably kept most of them away from me.

Just wanted to check if it is okay for me to post them in the love scam thread, cos I don't want to break any rules or anything.

Thanks.
Advertisement