Learn about us and introduce yourself
#162474 by Ladyjules6 Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:05 am
Hello I'm a little upset and worried ...I have had email today asking for £430 pounds to get a liberty pass and haven't got a clue what to do its says I have to pay the money into account Mrs L Dickson Bank of Scotland 00012580 account No sort code 114784 ..I know definately it is a soldier I'm talking to as have been having regular calls from him and even spoken to his boss ...at a loss now as I haven't got the money to send ..is this a scam please
Advertisement

#162476 by vonpaso xlura Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:29 am
No soldier needs help from anyone outside the military to get leave. The person you've been talking to is a scammer. Please post his emails so that others can recognize him as a scammer.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#162478 by Scott Mitchell Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:20 am
Welcome Ladyjules6, I'm glad you posted here before sending any money to these thieves. No matter what the people you were talking to told you, they are NOT soldiers and are not in any way affiliated with the military. They are just crafty liars whose only goal is to separate you from your money. Here is an article that outlines this scam:

http://marriedtothearmy.com/are-you-dat ... or-a-fake/
#162482 by Dotti Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:20 am
As the others have said, He is NOT a soldier. His "boss" is not a soldier either. He is just an accomplice of the scammer.

If you were really in contact with a soldier, you would not be in contact with his "boss." A commanding officer has way too much to do to be talking to the women his soldiers are talking to online. There is NO scenario in which you would be involved in a soldier's request for liberty in ANY way, and NO situation in which his commanding officer would need to meet you. This is true of both American soldiers and soldiers in UK.

In addition, neither the US military or the UK military does ANY business via Western Union or Moneygram, or by taking transfers into individuals' bank accounts.

I'm sorry to be blunt about this, but the whole "relationship" is fake. You are not talking to a soldier, but an African man who makes his living pretending to be a soldier and creating fake relationships for money. He doesn't care about you at all, but only whether he can get money for you, and it doesn't matter to him how badly you are hurt in the process. He lies for a living, and is very experienced at telling women whatever he thinks they want to hear. You need to cut off all contact with him immediately, or he will continue to tell you new lies and stories.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#162485 by tazmanian Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:38 am
Just to add my humble voice to the chorus - this is a certain scam and he is not a soldier.

If bank account details have been given for fraudulent purposes, there are good people who might like to talk with you about that. I'm sure administrators here will action that, if necessary.
#162487 by jolly_roger Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:19 pm
Very happy you asked the question Ladyjules6. What you so describe is typical of a military type scam. And sad to say but the forums here are littered with them. If you scroll to the top of this page you will see the site search box. Type in the words, military scam. The results that come up on the screen will amaze you. If you read through some of them, a familiar theme soon becomes evident.