Learn about us and introduce yourself
#162236 by aprilsnow Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:44 pm
Thanks to a friend, I was very nearly scammed by Salma Davidson for a mini convertible.

Several emails crossed and I asked questions but now looking at this site see that the emails were her normal patter for fraud.
The mini was great - yes it seemed too good to be true- and so nearly lost money.
Watch out for replies from her like these:

I received your message regarding my car 2009 MINI Cooper 1.6 Convertible
The car, is in showroom condition, no accidents, no damage, scratches or dents. HPI clear,complete service records, the car is fully paid. It is registered to United Kingdom,REG:YT09OBL, has 34,000 miles, mostly garage kept and babied. Mot paid until Nov 2013 and tax until Jan. 2014.
The price is not negotiable, £3000.00 firm.

Regarding the sale, i am selling it because i had to move back in Spain with work, i was unable to register it here as the fees are too high, being a UK model and specs but the car is in Portree, Highland, UK.
Because I am not in UK, we will use Google Wallet. Using their services it allows you as the buyer to receive the car first and also give you an inspection period of 7 days in which you can decline the sale if you are not satisfied. I trust they'll make this transaction secure for both of us by keeping the payment until you have received and inspected the car.

The shipping will be home delivery and insured. The car will be shipped on my expense, no extra costs for you.
Let me know if you`re still interested

Thank you very much
Salma Davidson

And another follow up email:

As i stated before the car is in Portree, Highland, UK. I can only deliver the car to your front door because I have moved to Spain being a petroleum engineer on a rig offshore I'm away most of the time, not much free time I will not be able to deal in person. I had pre-arranged the deal with Google Wallet so my presence is not necessary. The car is in their possession ready to be delivered. The car will arrive at your door in 2-4 days. As soon as the vehicle will be at your home, you will have 7 days to inspect and test drive the car. If you will not like the car 100% you will ship it back at my expense. I'm sure this will not happen because the car is in excellent condition. You will receive all the original documents and keys with the car. I signed all the paperwork and the clear title is ready to be transferred to the new owner.

The only way we can do this transaction is through Google Wallet because I want a smooth and safe transaction. You will have the chance to inspect the car before I will be paid.
If you are interested to buy my car, please send me your full name, shipping address and phone number so I can register the transaction with Google Wallet and they will reply you with more details and information about this transaction.
Thank you very much for your interest.
Salma Davidson

Luckily I got out before paying any money or giving out my address.
I had no idea just how easy it was to scam people- naive I know, but it seems many of us are.
Email address Salma used are:
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
Advertisement

#162259 by vonpaso xlura Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:08 pm
So you did patter matching :) There's been another scam attempt claiming to be in Portree, which is on a Scottish island. Did she give any website? There've been several fake Google Wallet websites recently, and we can kill them pretty fast if we know where they are.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10