Learn about us and introduce yourself
#162114 by Jazza79 Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:56 am
Hi
I saw a female post in a few random Facebook posts as I've recently broke up with my partner I clicked on her name and saw she was from Sydney but lives in Kabul afganistan so I added her and we chatted within two days she said I had stolen her heart and wanted to move to Australia to be. With me was still suspect but played along
This started last Friday night by Sunday is when she started saying she loved me thought a bit wired by Monday she was talking about leaving the army but I needed to message and act as her fiancé she even sent photos of her in a legitimate in peacekeeping uniform I looked it up online on Monday I sent email and received email back saying needed to send her military I'd no. She gave it to me so I sent back in the next email they asked for $850
For administration costs and I would receive it back once she arrived in Australia. By now I was suss so I balked on paying today told her I couldn't afford it so she said her friend could give her $300 of the $850 can I supply the rest she wanted a exact day so I made it up two weeks from today got confirmation from a general AJ Bradshaw I googled his name and he actually is real but also he came up on your site so I looked on your site and found story's the same as mine but mine seems more elaborate then the others
Her name is Rebecca Rooney her email is [email protected] the email for general is
[email protected] this is the address I'm to send the money a Harry Charles 65 brown street London G2 8EX United Kingdom hope u can confirm if this is a scam will send emails and chat conversations if u want
Advertisement

#162115 by jolly_roger Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:16 pm
Yes it is a scam. The Deploymentoffice address is ficticious and has nothing to do with the military. The @London dot com is from the mail.com website and is a free email address anybody could use. It's much like yahoo and hotmail etcetera. Please refrain from sending any money to the scammer. Your best course of action is to cease all communications with it by immediate effect. Sad to say the forums are littered with military type scams. Well done on spotting it.
#162162 by Jazza79 Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:28 pm
Ty for the info will have nothin to do with her/him so u reckon the pics were stolen of someone's Facebook cause they looked real as in the uniform I will post the pic
How do I put a pic up
#162866 by mee Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:29 pm
omg i have been scammed ii believe this guy posing as a staff serg in the special forces in afghan is writing for me to request his leave and it going to cost money etc he says he loves me tc wants to get married ugg i feel so stupid right now i did get some papers to send for the leave etc oh god what do i do
#162873 by Bryon Williams Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:34 pm
Hello mee and welcome to Scamwarners.

Yes, It is a scam. I am happy you did not lose any money and found us.

People, family nor friends need to pay for Soldiers/ Military personnel to go on leave, talk on the phone or use the computer.

The Military provides everything a Soldier needs. Soldiers do not have the time to chat online while deployed. The little time they have is used to communicate with family.

Everything said by the person you are in contact with is a lie. If he gave you a name of someone else or other email addresses to write to, that person is a scammer also.

Do not confront the scammer. He will never admit it. He will only keep lying to you. The best thing to do is block him from your email address and/or ignore his text or phone calls.

Please keep in mind, now that he has your email address. He may contact you with a different name and email address.

Never send money via Western Union, Money Gram or Bank Transfer to anyone you met over the internet.

Please post the email address, his fake name, pictures and emails he sent you. Please remove your personal information blot/deface any faces of children.

I am sorry you fell for this scam. Do not feel bad. It happens a lot. You are not the first and will not be the last.

Bryon

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#163069 by TerranceBoyce Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:29 am
Of course the irony is that if he claims to be in Special Forces, that claim alone proves that he isn't, as entry in to the service requires the soldier to have a special security clearance which he immediately blows by revealing who he is and what he does.

Anyone who tells you he is in Special Forces is a scammer and a stupid one too.

As a member of a Special Forces unit, identifying his commanding officer to you would constitute a very serious offence.

Scammers are idiots.

In the UK

Upon entry into the regiment, troopers have to abide by strict rules, such as not telling anyone other than close family that they are a member of the SAS.

The extent to which this is applied would shock you, and there is no chance that a serving member of Special Forces would identify himself to you. Doing so would be seen as treachery by his buddies and commanding officer and warrant severe punishment.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle
#163075 by began steele Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:01 am
Terrance is quite right here. I am a Herefordshire lad. All SAS soldiers are called John Smith. The residents are very protective of these soldiers who often live in the community in the villages and towns. While you probably know, you never ask and you don't ever get told.

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. ~~ George Orwell.