Learn about us and introduce yourself
#159514 by lookinforhim Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:37 pm
I have been messaging to a person claiming to be Srgt. Daniel Edgar serving in Afghanistan, flight operation& engineer. He has asked me to request a leave for him through this email address [email protected] I did send the request only to get a reply asking for me to send money that would be refunded upon his safe return. I knew then that something wasn't right. His story was so sad, he claimed he had lost his wife 4yrs ago after she had given birth to his twin daughters, and that he had been there for.2 yrs and wanted to come home but couldn't unless someone would fight for him to get a leave. I just wish that I could let the man in the pic know that someone is using his and his daughters pics run scams. I hope that this will help someone else from getting scam'd by this person.

Advertisement

#159515 by Jillian Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:57 pm
Welcome, lookingforhim. I'm glad that you figured out the scam in time. Thank you for taking the time to post here to help others.
Can you please post a scam email from that address you listed? Any of the first emails from the scammer as Srgt. Daniel Edgar are also helpful so that the the information here is more complete for others.
Thank you. Please let us know if you have questions.

Have you sent a payment to a scammer with Western Union and now realize it's a scam? If the payment has not been picked up, you can cancel it immediately! 1-800-448-1492

Follow ScamWarners on Twitter: http://twitter.com/ScamWarners
#160590 by lookinforhim Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:50 am
Hi I was talking/chating with a man who I knew as Daniel Edgar serving in Afghanistan. He gave me this sad story about how he lost his wife 4yrs ago only 3 months after giving birth to his twin daughters. We would chat everyday for hours, and I actually allowed myself to open up and trust this man only to find out that the man I was chating with was not the same man in the pics that he had sent me. I got suspicious after he asked if I would help him get a leave to come home to see me and his daughters who live wit there nanny. I must admit that I was fallen for the man I thought he was. Now I feel like I was violated. Not only was my life being played wit but the soldier's life was being usedtoscam women out of money. When I discovered the truth I was angry and I called him out on it, and he still continued wit his story and saying that I was misinformed on things and that I should trust him. I don't chat with him anymore but I do still see him online, I have reported him to the Army, yahoo, and the actual site that I meet him on, but ladies beware he is quite the charmer and loves to steal lines from Love Poems. I hope that this helps put him and his scams out there so that other women can see what type of scams this man is using. I just feel bad that the man in the pic has no idea that his pics of him and his daughters are being used.
#160596 by jolly_roger Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:14 pm
I am sorry the imposter wasted your time. Whenever you see a military person and so called dating site, usually means a recipe for disaster I'm sad to say! If you scroll to the top this page you see the site search box on the right hand side. Type the words, military scam, or words to that effect and the results that show on the screen will blow you away. Sad to say the forum is littered with them. Is there any chance you could publish the email address/s the scammer is using? Did it give you a phone number? Many people do online scam searches by email address, you see. Your best course of action is to completely cease all contact with the tosser with immediate effect otherwise it will sucker you in with more of it's lies and fanciful story lines.
I'm very happy to hear you saw through the scammer for what it is. :)
Well done.
#160603 by lookinforhim Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:30 pm
He has not tried to contact me since I went all ghetto on his ass, lol, but I think that he got the picture, but I still see him on messanger, so I am more than certain he has found a new female to scam, and his email address is [email protected]
I have pics of him that have been marked wit fake but I can't upload them from my phone. Unfortunately at this time my laptop is unavailable to be used, because my son's puppy chewed up the charger, so I am having difficulties finding a new one. If you can help me upload the pics I would greatly appreciate it.
#160605 by lookinforhim Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:40 pm
My Queen,

I believe that two people can make their oasis anywhere, and can pursue a relationship to any end they desire, if they put the necessary energy and commitment into it. Distance may be a barrier at some level, but that is a boundary a heart with passion can endure. As long as the end result desired is to be together. I do have a good heart and honestly, a passionate one as well. I will be honest, babe i promise to be... ... take care.. bye for now....
this is 1 of the emails he sent me after we had been chatting for about 3 wks
#160606 by lookinforhim Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:46 pm
Sweetheart,

I wish I didn't have to miss you. If only you could be with me always. I know I could never be any happier. But then again, I know that the day will come when I will be able to spend my every waking moment with you. I even miss you when I am sleeping!

babe. You are my first and my only lady, and I thank you for be so kind with my heart. Hopefully, soon I won't have to hate missing you.

Yours Sgt. Daniel

I am going to post some of the Love Poems that he tried to pass of as his own words!!
#160607 by lookinforhim Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:50 pm
My Queen,

and I wish that it weren't true, for every day when I arise, I yearn to be with you. Though a lot of distance lies between us, you'll always be in my mind and my heart, And every night beneath the stars, I pray for the day we'll never be part.

Every day I will be thinking about you. When my eyes are closed, when I sing and dance to a love song, when I'm checking my email, I will be thinking about you. When I go to sleep in the loneliness of my room and give in to wonderful dreams I will definitely be thinking about you.

I know someday we will meet and spend our lives with each other. I have waited for someone like you, and now that I have found you I will never let you go.

Yours King
#160608 by lookinforhim Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:53 pm
Hello

You bring to me a happiness that no one else ever could. You bring to me a love I have never known before. I could not imagine what my life would be like without you. You have touched my heart in ways no one could ever comprehend. I love being with you and I want to spend the rest of my life with you.

Every day I wake up thanking God for you. You have given me so much, and I don't know if I will be able to give back all that you have given me. You have been my guiding light when I was lost. You have been my comforter through all my trials and sorrow. You have been my rock.

Sometimes I feel lost and out of touch, but when you’re there, I feel safe. The way you wright your emails soothes me. I could sit here and try to tell you just how I feel, but I can't find the words other than I am ecstatic we met and have gotten together after all we've gone through.

I want to tell you that the love I have for you is undying. It is a love that is strong and enduring and will stand the test of time. I truly feel blessed that you have become a part of my life, and I cannot wait for the day that we can join our lives together. I want to lie next to you at night and fall asleep in your arms. I want to wake to your beautiful smile. I want to share in your joys and sorrows. I want to be your everything, because you are everything to me.

I promise to always love you and always hold you in my heart. I will always be here for you when you need me, and I will love you no matter what life brings us. You are my soul mate, and I vow to love you all eternity. I love you, baby.

Love Always

Sgt.Daniel
#160611 by lookinforhim Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:02 pm
Pledge of Love

I've made a vow, to no one but you I pledge my love to forever be true I'll take care of you and treat you right I'll lay beside you all through the night I'll feed you and clothe you and keep you warm I'll hug you and kiss you and give shelter in the storm I'll help you and guide you and clear a path I'll protect you and shield you from an angry man's wrath I'll listen to your problems help you solve them too I'll make you a rainbow and let the sun shine through I'll take your side even if you're wrong Just to prove our love is strong I'll plant you flowers and make them grow They'll be a symbol of love that only we'll know I'll whisper your name when no one is near So low that only you can hear You'll feel my love even if we're apart You'll know that we are one in heart
#160612 by lookinforhim Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:11 pm
The last post was when I finally had enough and asked him if he tells all of his marks the same lines or does he switch them up, and he acted all hurt and told me that the only other person he told that to was his wife on their wedding day,and then I went all ghetto and maybe a lil psycho....lol but he pretty much got the picture, that I knew the truth and his scam was over. I found out that he was a fake like 3 months into the whole scam and continued to try and get info from him so I could try and help stop him, but it just made me sick to think that he could actually be so heartless and cruel to have someone who had been through so much fall in love wit a man that I thought was real and know that he was a fake. I hope that the real man finds out about his pics being used and the way they are being used. Well I hope this helps someone else out th :cry: ere
#160734 by jolly_roger Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:44 am
This little effort has the scammer taking the script from here. Looks very much the same on
http://www.stop-scammers.com/letter.asp?id=9364

lookinforhim wrote: Sweetheart, I wish I didn't have to miss you. If only you could be with me always. I know I could never be any happier. But then again, I know that the day will come when I will be able to spend my every waking moment with you. I even miss you when I am sleeping!

babe. You are my first and my only lady, and I thank you for be so kind with my heart. Hopefully, soon I won't have to hate missing you.

Yours Sgt. Daniel
#160735 by jolly_roger Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:52 am
Then much of this can be seen here http://kinehagyd.hu/kereses.tvn?mit=Lit ... bow%20Dash
Scroll down to the bottom.

lookinforhim wrote:Pledge of Love
I've made a vow, to no one but you I pledge my love to forever be true I'll take care of you and treat you right I'll lay beside you all through the night I'll feed you and clothe you and keep you warm I'll hug you and kiss you and give shelter in the storm I'll help you and guide you and clear a path I'll protect you and shield you from an angry man's wrath I'll listen to your problems help you solve them too I'll make you a rainbow and let the sun shine through I'll take your side even if you're wrong Just to prove our love is strong I'll plant you flowers and make them grow They'll be a symbol of love that only we'll know I'll whisper your name when no one is near So low that only you can hear You'll feel my love even if we're apart You'll know that we are one in heart
#160737 by jolly_roger Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:04 am
The information here may be of help to upload photos. Have a look on viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219

I know there are several ways to achieve it, but I use the Windows Paint or Microsoft Word programmes to mark the photo's. A simple but very effective way of doing. Then it's an easy job of writing 'Image used by scammer' or 'Image involved in scam' or words to that effect upon the images is sufficient.
#160745 by lookinforhim Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:19 am
Thanks Jillian, I appreciate your help posting a pic. I hope it helps get him out there so others can know. I already posted my story and emails that he sent me here under Srgt.Daniel Edgar, I hope my story helps others from gettin scamed by this person.

Moderator Note: I have merged posts from different topic areas into this thread so all of the information is in one location. It helps people searching to have all of the information in the same place. ~Bubbles