Learn about us and introduce yourself
#150690 by emmyemmywl Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:56 am
I have been chatting with a suppose to me soldier in Kabul Afgh. I knew from day one he was a scammer ! I met him on Tagged.com http://www.tagged.com/profile.html?uid= ... =2&fpa=pic , he has ask me to email <[email protected]> so we could talk over the phone. I did it just to see what kind of reply I would get and this is what he ask me to send them :Hello ,
I have a friend stationed in Kabul and I would like to request that we can communicate via phone. His name is Sgt Walfred James, Rank: Sergeant E7, and location is Kabul.
I will give you my full information as soon as I get a reply. Thank you for your consideration in this matter.
Here is the reply I received : a,
Thank you for the request made on behalf of Sgt.Walfred James our service is to provide phoning and Satellite facilities for civilian and Military Personnel.
AKOLINE provides essential communications services to and from remote areas where no other form of communication is available. Whether at sea, on land or in flight, our services ideally suit the maritime, aviation, government/military, emergency/humanitarian services, mining, forestry, oil and gas, heavy equipment, transportation and utilities industries
We specialize in providing global satellite access services. AKOLINE solutions have been implemented for united States Marine Corps (USMC), U.S. Army Corps, Australian Defense Force (ADF), Command of Polish Navy, Special Military Formation GROM Especially for US Army soldiers we ship VSAT equipment within 72hrs in Afghanistan, Iraq and the Middle East.
Satellite phones are about 3 times more expensive than GSM phones, but have the best coverage. Often they are the only choice for a soldier that is deployed at a remote forward operating base (FOB) that a cell phone network cannot reach.
Basic advantages of our service for Military personnel;
Possibility of communicating freely in 110 countries in Europe, North and Central Africa, Asia, and Middle East
- Satellite and GSM connectivity in one telephone
- No prepaid cards needed
- Free Iridium 9555 handheld satellite phone
- Free unlimited calls for Military Personnel.
- Payment incur refundable when the officer leave the war zone In other
to register for our phoning facility, you are advice to provide us with the information below and get it back to us;
YOUR INFORMATION
-FULL NAME:
-HOME ADDRESS:
- PHONE NUMBER:
- PHONE SERVICE PROVIDER:
MILITARY PERSONNEL INFORMATION
-NAME:
(COUNTRY WHERE HE/SHE NEEDS THE SERVICE):
Once you provide us with the above information you are no longer anonymous to us.
(We) protect your privacy. We do not insist you to provide extra personal information than necessary.
All information collected will not be used for any illegal activity, The information is what we are going to use to register you with our service.
Regards,
Military Telephone Service Richard connor Col in-charge

Now I played along with it and give them alot of off the wall fake info and received this today: :laugh-s:

THANKS FOR GETTING BACK WITH YOUR INFORMATION,AS WE ASSURE THAT ALL INFORMATION PROVIDED ARE SAFE AND CONFIDENCIAL WILL NOT BE GIVEN OUT NOT FOR ANY REASON.
THE NEXT STEP IS TO CONFIGURE THE MOBILE THAT WILL BE GIVEN TO SGT.WALFRED JAMES
BELOW IS A LIST OF OUR BILLING PLAN AND SERVICE FEE:
1).2 MONTH SUBSCRIPTION(300MIN)-$450).
2). 4 MONTH SUBSCRIPTION(600MIN)_$800
3).8 MONTH SUBSCRIPTION(900MIN)_$1000
4).A YEAR SUBSCRIPTION (1200MIN)_$1200.
WE WOULD LIKE YOU TO CHOOSE THE PLAN YOU WANT AND GET BACK AT US IMMEDIATELY !
Soooo I reply :Hi, Thank you !! Info has been provided . I would like the 3).8 MONTH SUBSCRIPTION(900MIN)_$1000 PLAN. :laugh-s:
So within 25 minutes I get another one from them : BELOW IS OUR AGENTS DETAILS TO RECIEVE YOUR PAYMENTS
NAME:LEONORA MARRERO
STATE:SAN JUAN
ZIPCODE:00097
NOTE:ALL PAYMENTS SHOULD BE MADE THROUGH WESTERN UNION AND ALL DETAILS OF PAYMENTS SHOULD BE FORWARDED HERE FOR VERIFICATION :laugh-s:

Needless to say there WILL NOT be a $1000 sent to them ! :=)
He has 2 email address, they are {[email protected]} and {[email protected]}
Name: sgt walfred james, Rank: sergeant E7, location: kabul
His Yahoo user ID is sgtfred_james. PLEASE IF HE HAS TRIED TO SCAM ANYBODY ELSE PLEASE POST. :woahdude:
Advertisement

#150699 by TerranceBoyce Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:19 am
Welcome to Scamwarners emmyemmywl and thanks for taking the trouble to post details of the scam.

It's disgusting and disgraceful that scammers try to steal money in the name of the armed forces when they sit in the comfort and safety of their homes with nothing better to do, and not even working for a living.

The more people who make sure scum like this go penniless, the better.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle
#150796 by emmyemmywl Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:02 pm
Thanks TerranceBoyce ! I feel the same way ! I have always had problems sleeping so some nights I just get up and get on my laptop. He is always online ! Ive chatted with him at anytime from 2am-6am ! Of course he tells me hes 9.5 hrs ahead of me ! Its a shame these scum bags are not working YET trying to get money for free ! :mad2: