Learn about us and introduce yourself
#144764 by dexrsfo Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:57 am
Hello,
i am coming from Germany. So I want to excuse my not perfect english. :-)
At first I have to say that I am so grateful for your forum. It absolutely kept me from suffering.
Here comes my story:
The last time many people tried to add me on skype. I was surprised , because I do not have many informations on my account and no picture of myself.
So on new years eve I felt a bit lonely and I looked who was trying to add me.
There were three Major Generals from the US Army. And I've added one with the Skype name kevin J.Bergner.
We chatted for 5 days and I felt more and more attracted, because he wrote in the same nice way I red later at your forum. He wanted to visit me in march. I don't know why, but on saturday night my brain woke up and I've googled General Kevin J. Bergner. I was shocked. And thank god I was leaded also to your side where I found his picture and saw that it is been used by sammers. I immideatly cancelled the chat and I removed him from my skype contacts.
I told him too many private things I guess. An I made the mistake to send him pictures from me to his email address. The email he used was: [email protected]

Now I am scared, that these criminal people will use my pictures also for Scamming. Is there a way to prevent?

Yesterday three new men asked for adding on skype.The skype names are: admira_mcraven , country US ( full name Admiral Ge...H. Mcraven ; the second: generalkeit...exander.ga (with picture of an US Army General) country also US ( full name : general ke...XANDER.ga and one man with the skype name: nicolas.jeff40 the full name NICOLAS.JEFF , country also US, city boston.
I am sure that these are all scams.
Would be very nice if someone could figure out or stop them, because only this way many woman can be prevented from suffering.
And I think these criminal people have to be punished hard.

So for now good bye, would be nice if you could help me.

Sincerely dexrsfo.
Advertisement

#144765 by began steele Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:20 am
The moment a General or any form of soldier suddenly appears on Skype and anywhere else they are scammers. As for the pictures you have sent, they aren't interested in them.They only ask as they want to appear interested in the victim. They aren't interested in anyone on line, except as a means of getting money. If they arrive just block at once. The ones you contacted by email will disappear when they know you won't send money. If you do get an excuse off them to send money then you know it is a scam. Also do not accept anything, even flowers. Don't expect parcels and cash cheques. Block any scammer you are in touch with and don't respond back or tell them anything.

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. ~~ George Orwell.
#144768 by dexrsfo Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:12 am
Thank you very much for the quick response.
I will definetively block every enemy from Skype right now.
But your answer brought me relief because of my pictures.
I was so scared they would use it also in dating forums or somwhere else for scamming.

Thank you very much.
#148411 by consuelo Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:06 am
Yes there are many scammers I fear they are really in the US AMY but not generals as they pretend to be..... It happened also to me, I was approached by many genrals of USA Army. I only strated to talk with a certain General Harold Albert I saw him , he is the same man in his Skype profile pic.I started smelling fishy when he asked me to support with donation an organization in Africa . I inquired , there no USA generals with this name . I am playing my role pretending I agree with donation and he sent me more details.
I also emailed him pics , he told me he is going to come and see me when he gets his licence he is now serving in Afghanistan, I think he is really there (but of course he is not what he pretends to be) and I am really disappointed but believe me, I am not going to cancel him and doing nothing else he has to know he tried to cheat the wrong woman .
Thank to all of You posting your warning and your bad experience!
#148417 by TerranceBoyce Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:45 am
Welcome to Scamwarners consuelo.

It's unlikely that the people contacting you are in the US Army or are American either. I'm not saying that there aren't bad American people, but they wouldn't be in the US Army or impersonate the military. It would be too simple to catch them and the penalty would be too severe for them to risk it.

Scammers lie and they know that people are impressed to believe that they are speaking to someone in the US Army, in the same way that scammers impersonate barristers and FBI agents.

What you are doing now is baiting the scammer and it is not wise to do it as he has your real life details and he can harass you in retaliation. If you want to bait scammers you can find out how to do it safely and effectively at our sister site 419eater.com. I am a member there too but we keep the warning and baiting separate.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle
#148517 by consuelo Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:33 am
I have been careful after reading Your answer, yesterday night I told him the game's over and that I knew general Harold Albert did not exist.
In A few words, He tried to go on with the comedy telling me he was not on the list because he was already in service etc etc.he also told me to live my life for now and he was going to come and see me as well. as he promised, as soon as he gets his licence.
It is true, he has my details but not my personal addressx-store-
PLEASE CAN YOU :HELP Can You detect and tell me where do his mails come from? is it really AFGHANISTAN ?
Thank You very much

info:sbevkl2QZR7OXo7WID5ZcdV2tiiWGqTnNkQhn6V7ynYRvz617li8nW8U+t2xYNHNEvY7oT37spaI1kU2gfnhOD/hMU5j/U5NDU92lZbETwdxiV2+IDNsLL5focrwb0W8YFGkTo41uVI=
Authentication-Results: hotmail.com; spf=pass (sender IP is 157.55.1.170; identity alignment result is pass and alignment mode is relaxed) [email protected]; dkim=none (identity alignment result is pass and alignment mode is relaxed) header.d=hotmail.com; x-hmca=pass
X-SID-PRA: [email protected]
X-AUTH-Result: PASS
X-SID-Result: PASS
X-Message-Status: n:n
X-Message-Delivery: Vj0xLjE7dXM9MDtsPTA7YT0xO0Q9MTtHRD0xO1NDTD0w
X-Message-Info: iIOHNJf19ljHGaTN8CSarRQlSAGXWiL1UjNZ5QHgrhHC3+BL1xXi7i2MR9tG31lmWWTNynUF5YR6hmPbfg+FVOqqGGcjnygoQvSJ3u9ut7qjqPLMwG6hAiJNeg7UGS1PVR6urjeFEHjigKxM7VpzCtKH6mD8e8z9
Received: from dub0-omc2-s31.dub0.hotmail.com ([157.55.1.170]) by BAY0-HMMC2-F4.Bay0.hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.4900);
Thu, 31 Jan 2013 14:19:21 -0800
Received: from DUB118-W2 ([157.55.1.136]) by dub0-omc2-s31.dub0.hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.4675);
Thu, 31 Jan 2013 14:18:36 -0800
X-EIP: [FZxoEZ9ukEKZ7jestIjHiRP0yws49S7P]
X-Originating-Email: [[email protected]]
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
Return-Path: [email protected]
Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
boundary="_6c3a7f9a-2c5c-4903-9172-a7378af0e9ea_"
To: Removed personal information. ~Bubbles
Subject: FW: Good day sir!!
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2013 23:18:36 +0100
Importance: Normal
In-Reply-To: <[email protected]>
References: <[email protected]>
MIME-Version: 1.0
X-OriginalArrivalTime: 31 Jan 2013 22:18:36.0690 (UTC) FILETIME=[EA0ACF20:01CE0000]

--_6c3a7f9a-2c5c-4903-9172-a7378af0e9ea_
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Date: Thu=2C 31 Jan 2013 15:04:18 -0500
Subject: Good day sir!!
To: [email protected]

Good day to you sir
this is to acknowledge the receipt of your mail requesting on how to make donations we regret to bring this to your notice that we are unable to receive any form of donations over here in Mali due to the war going
on. and for this reason we can only to get these donations through our neigbouring west african countries where we have offices

Please sir find below the information of our other branch office and make
the donation to the account officer via Money Gram International Transfer

African Sky Charities

Receivers Name: Edosa Job Inomwan
Address 4 dumez rd Edo State

Send me a scanned copy of the receipt or the following details as soon =
as it is done so we can forward it down to them immediately
Senders Name:
Money control number:
Text question & Answer:
Amount Donated:

Thank you so much sir and God bless you for your kindness shown we await your response

Mrs Aicha Seydou

secretary
AFS Charities
Last edited by Bubbles on Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Edited for readability.
#148823 by Bubbles Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:26 am
hotmail cannot be tracked in the normal ways. Sorry.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#148827 by Dotti Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:08 am
I don't need a trace to tell you where that email came from. It's from Nigeria.

The English is definitely that of someone from Western Africa. The "other branch office" is simply the scammer's location. The name and address may be fake, but the one thing you can be sure of is that the scammer is located in or near Edo State, because he intends to collect, or send a local friend to collect, any "donation" you send.

Scammers who are in Nigeria may use mules in other countries to receive money in order to avoid any mention of Nigeria. They know that knowledge of Nigerian scams is widespread enough that many potential victims will walk away at the first mention of Nigeria. Some scammers in Nigeria do demand that money be sent directly to Nigeria though, if they don't have a mule to receive the money or they simply don't want to share it with an accomplice.

Scammers in countries other than Nigeria will NOT ask you to send money to Nigeria, for the simple reason that they will lose many potential victims with the request..

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#148829 by consuelo Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:40 am
Without further inquire I know definetely the scam comes from NIgeria, but hey use a White american as bait: I had videochats with a white american man, the same in the pic disguised as general Harold Albert.
I was able to trace IP Address of his mail and they all come from KANSAS (IP 155.57.1.136 or .137 or.161)
#160604 by jolly_roger Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:37 pm
Well done consuelo, for posting the email header. The slippery trickster has attempted to forge the header. It contains discrepancies and a legitimate sender would have no need for such silliness. With much sadness, hotmail has not shown the originating IP since last December and we're still trying to overturn the decision.