Learn about us and introduce yourself
#144381 by embarrassedintx Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:34 pm
I just found this group and posted my story under "personal accounts" board. I noticed a few folks that are scam baiters, what exactly is that? I'm just feeling very depressed and wanted to say hi and hope I'm not the only idiot who fell for a money scam. :cry:
Advertisement

#144386 by vonpaso xlura Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:44 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners! For more about scambaiting, see 419eater.com.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#144399 by John DeLaney Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:02 pm
Hi, no need to feel embarrassed about falling for a scam, they are very good at what they do, and are very skilful at telling you just enough to sound plausible.

I hope you haven't lost too much money, and your feelings will recover in time, and please be careful on the net. Scams come in many different types, and some are really well done.

Take care

John

John DeLaney
#144402 by Clair Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:38 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners! There is no need to feel embarrassed. Many of us first came to this site because we were victims of scams.
#144527 by jolly_roger Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:04 pm
Welcome embarrassedintx to the forums. Some of us have been scammed also, and there's no need to feel alienated or alone. Stop feeling embarrassed because scammers are good at the trickery and deceit. Posting any scams you come across will help in the healing process because it will help others sometime in the future when doing an internet search. Feel free to explore the forums because scams take many differing formats.
There are good people within the forums who are happy to advise on questions you may have.