Learn about us and introduce yourself
#143998 by Mother Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:14 pm
David Butterfield is a military scammer. He must get stopped!!! All he says is a lie!!! Dont give any money to him.My dear ,My darling,

How are you today ? I hope you are fine over there ? I thank you once again , I am writing you an email to tell you more about my self.My dear, I had spent over 2 years here in Afghanistan war camp for peace keeping assignment without having any friend outside my work so it is my greatest pleasure to meet you here.Well, I have my home in Newark New jersey and i still have another house in New York City too,I will take you to my home as soon as i have my vacation early next year .

My dear, I am really happy that i found you on face book, I would also want a serious relationship with you, I am very simple officer and caring also, I am not getting younger as you can see and i would want serious relationship from you .I am single for now because my wife died long time ago and ever since my wife died i had not really fall in love with anyone .My dear, Immediately i viewed your profile i became interested in you and i also love your lips dear, I know you are a God sent to me and i thank God that i had found you, Kindly give me your heart i will handle with care,Honestly you look so beautiful and sexy , You are my kind of woman ,You should also be free to ask me any question you feel like asking .

My darling, I would have love to speak with you on the telephone ,I know you should have a lovely voice but the problem here in war camp we are not allowed to use telephone and we are not also allowed to use webcam too.As you can see, we are in a tight place here in war camp ,I am really happy that i found you.My dear, I have a son his name is Gibson ,he is 13 yrs old and he lives and studies in Uk ,I will write him after i send this mail to you i am gonna tell him about you,Please free to ask me any question ,I will stop here until i hear from you again, Have a nice day and take good care.
Yours Lover,
Capt David

This is how his letters is like. He says he is in Afghanistan as a captain and he is a widower searching for love which is bullshit, all he is after is your money via your e-mail adress. This is how his letters looks like:
Advertisement

#144072 by Clair Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:11 am
Hi Mother, Welcome to Scamwarners. I am sorry to hear that you were approached by a scammer and thanks for reporting the information. Please keep in mind that the name, David Butterfield, is not the real name of the person who is committing the scam. It is just a name that some scammer is using. In fact, if there is a Mr. David Butterfield, he might be a victim of identity theft.
#144511 by Mother Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:29 am
This is one of his letters when he starts asking for some help:

My darling, God spoke to me few days ago that i use use my fund in the bank to help the charity home and he also said to me that he will send me someone that can help me to run it

This fund are my compensation from the contract awarded to one Russian company, I help the Russian company to negotiated for the contract of supply of Fire Arms here in war camp

So the Russian company had completed the contract so the compensated me with reasonable amount of fund but the fund right now are not in my name

Because we the military officers are not allowed to own a foreign bank account so the fund are in one of the asian bank floating in their suspense account of the bank

Then he continued to write:

David C Butterfield
I hope you understand me, I want both of us to do this great work for God, I am man of God and i know God will reward us after doing this

David C Butterfield
First of all, I will write the paying bank and present you before the bank as the beneficiary that would be the first stage then after then the bank will contact you for immediate transfer of the fund so after you receive the fund we can be visiting all the charity homes around and make a donations

David C Butterfield
I am expecting you to bring idea if my idea not enough but i have to write the paying bank ( Allied Bank)
So the bank will contact you and tell you what you need to do immediately ,Kindly give me your email id to enable me pass it to the paying bank, I have your name already so all i needed your are your email if possible with your telephone number too

I just wanted your contribution but is ok
Kindly give me your email to enable me write the bank

My sister lives in Africa and my sister got married to Muslim ,my sister is a Muslim we are not same religion, I told you that you are a God sent to me

My sister might not handle the fund the way it suppose

Hope you understand me, I will not go against God, God knows the reason he bring us together
No no no, It is not criminal dear, The fund are already with one of the Asian bank so given me your email means doing something criminal, I am really surprised with your response, I am very straight forward officer and i am not a criminal for your information, I had explained this to you but you failed to understand me , Why criminal dear?

Well this is how he wrote to me. And I hope he issnt fooling anyone ells. I didnt gave him any money I found nAMES ON HIS FACEBOOK and I wrote to them and one woman told med that she had been fooled by this man David Butterfield by giving him money.
#149388 by jolly_roger Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:43 am
I'm sorry this grubby trickster has wasted your time. You can also view more on this scammer at viewtopic.php?f=13&t=47074 and also viewtopic.php?f=13&t=57930
Apparently it uses various names. You may even recognise some of the photos?
Your best course of action is to simply stop all contact with said scamster. When it realises you will not be scammed, it will stop pestering you. The downside being another target will be chosen and they may be suckered in. But the whole world can now see your report and others will less likely to be fooled.