Learn about us and introduce yourself
#142844 by sweetpetals Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:53 pm
What do i do if i feel I am scammed , and I have checked out the IP address, and found it is a fraud , but not sure? It has been about 7 months, and money has been sent. But every time I think this is it they say some fees are needed. I am told now that they will report me to FBI/CIA. I told them go ahead, I report it already to the law enforcement agency in my area...It started in Acrra, Ghana, with people using prominent military people names. I am aware that its a fraud...
Advertisement

#142878 by began steele Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:13 am
We need full details Petal. They are just liars and I am sorry you lost money. They did not omit to collect it so send nothing more .

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. ~~ George Orwell.
#142917 by Dotti Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:01 pm
Welcome Sweetpetals,

I'm sorry for the circumstances that brought you here.

A few things:
First, I know you say you are aware it is a scam, but your subject "I think I'm being scammed" concerns me a bit, so I just want to emphasize the fact: There is absolutely NO doubt about it. Even without seeing anything else, I can tell you with 100% certainty that it IS a scam.

The Ghana location, long period of time, and increasing fees alone show that this is advance fee fraud, but the FBI/CIA bit makes absolutely no doubt. Scammers love to threaten people with the FBI and CIA, because the names of those agencies often scare people, and may cause them to send more money. Sometimes the scammers even bring up these American agencies when there are no Americans involved in the scam!

In reality, the scammers have no idea what these agencies even do, or they wouldn't make such idiotic claims. For starters, the CIA deals with espionage. They have nothing to do with personal financial deals. I don't care whether the "deal" involves unclaimed bank accounts, lottery winnings, inheritances--the CIA has nothing to do with ANY of these things.

As far as the FBI goes--if you were in a legitimate business transaction, and you failed to make a payment, the FBI would also have NOTHING to do with it. The FBI may be involved in a case of fraud, but you have received n no money. A missed payment on a contract is a civil, not a criminal matter, and your business "partners" would have to take you to court. Of course they can't do that, because there is no legitimate business transaction involved.

If you could post some of the names and email addresses, as well as the emails the scammer sent you (remove your own name and email address first) it will help to alert others of the scammers.

If you are a citizen of the United States, you can report the crime to IC3 here: http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/default.aspx If you are a citizen of another country, you will need to report it to the authorities in your own country. Unfortunately, you are not going to get your money back.

The scammers may promise your money back, or you may be approached by someone claiming to work for an agency who can get your scammer arrested and/or get you money. This is what is known as a recovery scam. The people involved will be the same scammers who stole your money in the first place--they are just playing new characters in an attempt to steal more of your money.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#142998 by sweetpetals Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:28 pm
Let me share a note I received lately for this has hurt me very badly, the original contact was a military person, who made that link to send me some cash to assist. Then the contact started. In between that, the contact was nice and loving, and yes I was vulnerable, over 49, divorced, and you know... So I was of the intention to assist to to make sure this person would not be harmed, and the money sent would be used to assist anyone who needs it. So obviously, the fees to acquire the cash, i didn't have it. I tried my best to acquire the amount, via different ways. Which now has left me with bills. It is embarrassing to say the least.. So this is where its at. My heart was hurt. But you know I have learnt a lot. Then I ask myself? What if the military person is real?? an[url][/url]d I do not want to cause any damage? I will just let it die a natural death. For I do not want to expose myself.
#143002 by began steele Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:05 pm
Petals.This person is not real under any circumstances. This is a scammer saying he is a soldier away on active service and it seems as if you are saying you got involved in a stupid story, in hospital, robbed etc. Soldiers do not need to ask for a single penny/cent. They have all they need except time to be on Yahoo chats and these bullshit stories will continue until you won't have bills to pay- you will have final demands and court summons for debt. Just put it out of your mind that there is a single piece of truth. We do need email addresses -all of them- so we can see the scammer and warn others. This criminal is in Africa or Malaysia and knows nothing about being a soldier and any picture you see is stolen. He is not a General, An officer, Captain, Major, Sergeant, Special Forces, and I'll bet we have seen this scammer and his activities before, and the layers of other fake identites you have been sent to support the scam. The same scammer is sending all this rubbish and pretending to be other people. We really do need all the information you have and probably we can find the pictures and the text in messages that have been used before. If they are new text then we have them available now to stop the scam making another victim. You must cut off all contact with the scammer and do not confront him, or tell him about this posting. Tell him nothing and vanish .

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. ~~ George Orwell.
#144556 by sweetpetals Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:28 pm
I have cut off all communications, and will share come more later.
Thanks.
Sweetpetals
#144607 by jolly_roger Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:47 am
Wished it were hello under happier circumstances petals. Yes please - the more information you can post about the grubby trickster/s is beneficial. Something like the money request, email addresses, maybe publish one of the headers. Did the scammer tell a phone number? Yes it being a good idea to simply cease all communications without rhyme or reason. The trickster will now be confused. Do not confront the tosser because it will tell more lies. The reason it's best to post as much info as possible, sooner rather than later is to give others a heads up whilst performing an internet search. I'm sorry it wasted your time, but you have helped others in the future by supplying your report.
#148251 by sweetpetals Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:46 pm
I know that I have not written for awhile but i am ok...one address they used was
][email protected] and another was
Security Global Beaureu
103 Regent Street
London, Greater London
This they say was the CIA/FBI link, and if I didnt pay fees I would be investigated....
I told them at that time go straight ahead.
Will post a some more info. later including pictures.
#148287 by jolly_roger Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:09 am
Thankyou petals for the update. The silly trickster has not even spelt correctly. According to my rather extensive encyclopaedia, no such bureau exists. The address given seems to be some retail clothing shops. Myself not in London and can only transpire what others tell me about the address. I would find it highly surprising if the fbi and cia hide their offices inside a busy clothes store! Surely it would be too noisy?
#148301 by sweetpetals Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:19 am
Here was the contact name who is behind all this scam..and of course his address and location HE SAYS!!!
Also I was called on the same line a number of times, up to a month ago..on the mobile number.
Desk of Mr.David Kwaku
Head of Administration
United Nation Peace Keeping Center
Republic of Ghana
Office Land No: +233302970258
Mobile No : +233248081293

A note I got lately..... the language and spelling is so off, and poor...
NOTE: Content
I hereby remind you that your deadline date is 8th of February 2013, is you are required to comply back, if you want my financial assistant of 1,200GBP or you will send the total fee of 3,200GBP your self.

Like i told on phone previously, this decision is irrevocable by the IRS London so your decision can safe the
action of the security agent on you.

Can you imagine, HE THREATENS ME TOO?? .... Will chat some more, it is still a little painful.. to handle, for i have a lot of repercussions to deal with because of this scam...
#148302 by sweetpetals Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:37 am
Oh I forgot this bit...For sharing this is, is like a healing process..for me..OK.. but still painful..to acknowledge

Be informed that your Family Valuables United Nations file code (UNHC/USARMY/116/LB) have been pass to our office via the office of United Kingdon Internal Revenue Service (IRS) in respect of your disagreement of paying your penalty fee of 3,200GBP fine on you due to your delay in paying up of your Tax Clearance fee.

You are hereby warn to comply on this issue before the thrid week of January 2013, otherwise serious investigation will be carry on you, secondly tracing your claim to the source of your fund in Libya because all the military personel incharge of this case file will be invited on this issue.

This action will commerce immediately will receive alert from the IRS that you have not yet meet your obligation by paying off your penalty fee before the end of the thrid week of January 2013.

Regards

Mr.Perry Scott.
FBI/CIA Agent London

After this note along with..a continued letter..they say I have until FEBRUARY 8th, 2013........ to pay up the said amount...
THE GAUL..........of these people are something else.
#148303 by TerranceBoyce Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:49 am
As you are already aware, this is complete nonsense and the scammer has completely jumbled up UK and US tax services in a manner bordering on farce. Having the United Nations, the FBI and CIA involved too, only exposes the idiocy of the fool writing these mails.

It would only be more ridiculous if he mentioned Martians. :laugh-s:

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle
#148311 by jolly_roger Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:16 pm
All understood petals. Yes I find it better to get things off your chest, so to speak instead of bottling things up inside. The trickster wants people to remain silent which makes it easier for the scammer. Your healing has started because your report will be seen and others will be alerted in future. Of course it will be painful for quite some time but you will recover. Many of us in the forums have been scammed ourselves.
Following on from Terrances' comments, the scammer has screwed up it's story. To the point where it borders on crazy talk. The last time Family Valuables were mentioned in a scam was November Twenty Eleven.
#148355 by sweetpetals Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:40 pm
Oh The UK bit came in for the valuables reach the UK to come to me .. and the custom people say i need to get a certificate.........so hence the UK connection.......and I was to clear...all kind of fees...........
#148394 by began steele Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:51 am
No the customs do not say you need to send money, the scammer does. If the person/Fake soldier was any place in the world he could not be sending valuables. He could not get any thing. Had he been real he would have gone off to where ever with his standard kit and a suit case with civvy clothes and a few items such as laptop, mobile phone, web cam so he can see his home folks. H wil have his credit card, money and debit card too so he can spend his wages in camp as he wishes to. He will not have valuables nor will he be finding valuables. The miltary transport his stuff for him and for free. You are not scammed if you never send money. Western Union and Moneygram payment requests are scams. Internet strangers do not send money or cheques.

Scammers often say something like "Nice to meet you. ". That's rubbish, nobody on Intrnet "meets" you and you don't know them from Adam, unless you get together face to face. Then you might say you "met" them once or however many times and until then you have not. There is no reason to discuss money with a stranger and if that happens it's a scam.