Learn about us and introduce yourself
#1364 by Jackie Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:04 am
Hi,

My name is Jackie. I was emailed by this so call Manager from Scotland Bank in UK and told me that my Dad had so many millions in their bank and i am the beneficiary. My dad name was correct and phone number was right but he had died 2 yrs ago. After many ding-dong with them they told me that they have help me to transfer the millions into an off-shore bank but i have to pay a fee before the EU can release the fund. I have to pay 10,000 pound

Have anyone come across such banks mentioned below to transfer money into the following accounts:

DBS Bank in 99 Queens Road 16/F
A/C No. 788148739
Swift Code: DHBKHKHH
Beneficary: Worldero Limited

BANK: BBAC BANK ,CYPRUS
LIMASSOL BRANCH
SWIFT: BBACCY2N
ACCOUNT NAME: H.M.C.SARL
ACCOUNT NUMBER: 0357-423394-001

I strongly believe it's a scam but i need confirmation before i F... them and play their game before the Authority get to them.

Appreciate your help and commend

:idea: :roll:
Advertisement

#1365 by SlayerFaith Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:15 am
Hi Jackie, welcome to ScamWarners.
What you describe is a classic next of kin scam. Some scammers are quite intelligent, and will research family name sites and other online resources to customize the scam to the intended victim. The "bank manager" is nothing more than a scammer, probably one of several working together to part you from your money. The reason these scams are called "advanced fee fraud" is exactly what you describe. The scammers promise you millions of dollars, but first there are fees. Of course, there are no real millions, and the only money involved is what the scammers hope to get from you.

As to the banks- are you supposed to transfer money into one or both of those accounts, or are you supposed to log in to a website to see your money in those accounts?

If you are supposed to log in to see your money, the website you have been given is a fake bank site, set up to make you believe that the money exists. Many of these fake banks look very very real, because the site design and name are stolen from real banks. If this is the case, please post the website address of the "bank", so that we can have a look at it.

If you are supposed to transfer money to one or both of those accounts, then they are real bank accounts owned by scammers, and we can help get them shut down.

Either way, this is 100% advanced fee fraud. Well done for doing the research and finding out about it before you paid the "fee"! If you have a look around the forum, you will see several format letters for next of kin scams that might look at least a bit familiar to you.

It would be helpful if we could get a bit more information on your scammers, such as names they are using, email addresses, etc. If you don't feel comfortable posting the information in the fora, feel free to send it by PM (private message) to me, or to any member of the staff here.

#1366 by GomerPyle Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:02 am
As SF says, a very standard scam and the bank details look like a mish mash of cack - DBS is the Development Bank of Singapore. Queen's Road Central is a HongKong address, and then a bank in Cyprus, and a Scottish Bank Manager.

That all makes sense :shock: - NOT !!!

Sounds a little James Bond to me.

Ask them where the subject died so you can determine what country's laws of intestacy apply. Dropping a sweet paper in Singapore will get you a jail term and we're not lax in the UK over people dying with large sums of money on their accounts.

There are companies that seek out heirs to money - but they NEVER disclose who it is who passed away - or you can claim the money yourself and save yourself their fee. The scammers aren't concerned about that because there is no money - except yours.

#1412 by Emma Jones Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:57 pm
Hi Jackie. You have had sound info from SlayerFaith and GomerPyle so I don't really need to add anything, but I wanted to say welcome to ScamWarners, and congratulations on realising that it could be a scam, and doing the research that got you here. Smart work. :D

Learn about scammers' fake sites at aa419. Report scams to the Internet Crime Complaint Centre at IC3.

#1607 by BlueTiger Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:33 pm
hello and welcome. Unfortunately it is a fake like the above have already said.

The only other thing I would add is to cease all contact with these scammers. They have your real info, and with them being criminals, it's better not to contact them further. Better would be to send a PM (private message) to one of us here with all details you have about the scammers, and we'll take it from there on getting them taken care of.