Learn about us and introduce yourself
#93573 by rosalill Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:48 am
I wish Uploader eater had a choise to put "used by scammers" on the pictures, because the persons in the pictures are not the scammers. they are innocent people.
regards, rosalill
Advertisement

#93609 by Dotti Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:09 pm
Unfortunately, the person who wrote the code and owns the registration for upload eater is no longer active due to personal obligations, so we don't have the ability to change it.

The fake stamp can be used, or any user can use regular photo editing software to add a custom watermark before uploading.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#93621 by began steele Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:53 pm
I use Gimp 2 a free software found in Google search. It's easy to use. You can save a pic ,use the search/FILE for a pic on your computer. or drag it to the window. The toolbox has a big "A" Click on that and then make a rectangle on the pic .Adjust text and font to your wish and type.It really is easy. Have a play.

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. ~~ George Orwell.
#95877 by Patriciak Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:33 am
Hi everybody !
My name is Patricia and I am new here . First I must thank you for create this site , it´s very helpfull!
So , I am chatting and exchanging emails with a "soldier" deployed in Kabul , at first it´s seems very normal .
We talk about life and about his daughter ( she is in US with a unjob friend ) , and yesterday he told me about his leave... and he told that we need to pay a vacation processing money , and this leave can be of 24 weeks 12 weeks or 6 weeks , it´s depends on the amount that I can afford to apply for ....
I was suspicious, especially in other stories he told, just like to confirm that the information is valid or not, since I do not understand anything about the military life.
Thanks!
#95879 by AlanJones Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:53 am
Hello Patriciak and welcome to ScamWarners.

It is a scam. Military leave does not work in the way that the scammer has described to you. In real life, soldiers earn their leave, it is not paid for.

The best thing for you to do is to cut off all communication with this scammer, as all he is interested in is your money.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#96672 by rosalill Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:41 pm
Hello, thank you Dotti and began steel for the info. I will try that on my next scammer. They are MANY!!!!
Love to get them deleted from the sites they are on :twisted:
best regards, rosalill
#106334 by Tinklebell Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:52 pm
Here is one nigerian scam..who say that he is in afghanistan and he juse name colonel tony haynes..but lol he is she..so here is copy for his leave payment
The United State Army Vacation department have processed and confirmed all your provided information s and your Non-Military Personnel (Civilian) Vacation has been approved Colonel Tony Haynes and also its our duty to give you proper information concerning the vacation the US Government booked and pay for every expenses concerning every Vacation for the top ranked army personnel including flight ticket reservation. This does not change for the Non-Military Personnel
(Civilian) Vacation also but there is a slight different in the procedure when converting to Non-Military Personnel (Civilian) Vacation. Conversation of a Non-Military Personnel (Civilian) Vacation is free but requires a 100% security assurance which will requires Civilian to meet up with the below requirements in order to continue with vacation bookings for Colonel Tony Haynes Non-Military Personnel (Civilian) Vacation plan.

SECURITY: USD $1000
VACATION PROCESSING: USD $500
CERTIFICATION APPROVAL: USD $500
TOTAL: USD $2000

You are to Make the Payment of USD $2000 to our United Nation office West Africa Vacation Board office and you are to use below information to send it via Western Union / Money Gram

Name.. Adeyinka Adebowale
City. Lagos
Country. Nigeria
Test question. Good
Answer. God
Amount/ USD $2000

Kindly be notified that SECURITY
payment is a refundable fee which will be
automatically refunded back to you by the United State Army Vacation Board as soon
as the Military personnel ( Colonel Tony Haynes ) confirmed his safety on arrival
at the vacation venue. I attach copy of Flight summary and Guarantee letter that Payment is only been required for security and safety
assurance purpose only and would be refunded back.
Thanks for your cooperation.

Acknowledge of this email
Colonel Jeanne Reed
Department of the US ARMY Vacation Division.
US Army Command
Peacekeeping Operations Center

And today i got new one and he says that for leave is $800 and must be payed to malaysia..
#119340 by releasedcindy Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:50 am
hello my name is cindy
And i have a scammer claiming to be MAJOR GENERAL DAVID PETERSEN
He is trying to scam money out of women for his son.
I think this is so sad that they are using Military people to do thid.
This scammer is using these 3 different names
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
AND I SO APPERCIATE THIS WEBSITE I THANK GOD I NEVER SENT THIS SCAMMER ANY MONEY
#119371 by began steele Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:24 pm
releasedcindy here is your Nigerian scammer again and active. He is barely literate and uses same pic and profile over and over again. Yahoo avatars are same.
[email protected]
http://www.connectingsingles.com/user/coldavid5000
coldavid5000
I want a wife
I am a: 57 yr-old man seeking women, 32-50
online today!
Height: 5' 9"  (175 cm)
Body Type: Average
Ethnicity:White/Caucasian
Religion: Christian/Catholic
Smokes: Never
Drinks: Occasionally
Marital Status: Divorced
Has Kids: Yes, and they don't live with me
Wants Kids:Someday
Education:PhD/Post Doctoral
About me: AM VERY LOVING, GENTLE, KIND HEAR TED, HARD WORKING, AND GOD FEARING.
I’m looking for: SHE MUST BE LOVING, GTLE, KIND, HUMBLE, HARDWORKING AND GOD FEARING.

http://www.facebook.com/david.petersen. ... ersen.3557
Scammer is here. http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=96668
http://en.netlog.com/coldavidpetersen
http://solenex.com/profile.php?ID=2690
And for real.
http://www.army.mil/article/31962/
Brig. Gen. David C. Petersen, deputy commanding general, 1st Inf. Div., poses for a picture with Santa Claus and a baby

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. ~~ George Orwell.
#122734 by teri60 Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:31 pm
Hide Details

TO: Removed personal information. ~Bubbles

Message flagged

Saturday, September 1, 2012 7:00 PM

Greeting,

In regards to your mail, I am pleased to tell you that you can now
proceed with the Vocational leave application of your fiance ''Ssgt.mike smith phillis
You should also be aware that, during this transit process,
you are going to remit some amount of money to one of our finance agent
in the Afghan/USA. This will be refund to you as soon as your fiance's
safe arrival is confirmed.. I have attached to this email a copy of the
policies and instructions for a vocational leave request and also a copy
of the money back guarantee form, Please find the attachment, print,
fill and submit the attached money back guarantee form through this
medium (Email)

I'm expecting you to fill the form and send back the completed copy to
me by email.. You will be advised to make the payment of 1,750 USD. to
one of our Finance agent in USA. This will facilitate the payment for
bringing another soldier who has the same Skills and training with SSgt.
Bob Martins. You will have to make this Payment through Western Union or
Money Gram.

Once you provide us with this information you are no longer anonymous
to us. (We) protect your privacy. We do not insist you to provide extra
personal information than necessary.

All information collected will not be used for any illegal activity.
The information is what we are going to use in registration of your name
with the Military Transit Department.

Your urgent Attention is needed regarding this matter as you have a
limited time to process.

Due to the fact the your fiance has explained the situation of things
to me and I am ready to help both of you with the best of my ability.You
can proceed by making the payment installmentally.

Please here is the payment Details,

RECIEVER'S NAME...AJULO TIMMY
ADDRESS...........13108 9TH ST
STATE............MARYLAND
CITY.............BOWIE
ZIP CODE..........20720
COUNTRY ..........USA

Regards,
Gen David Petraeus.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hello everyone, heres the letter i got claiming needing money, my advanage is im a x navy spouse,si i know theres no such thing, BEWARE teri

2 Attached files| 398KB
Last edited by Bubbles on Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Quotations added for clarity.
#123175 by P_ode Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:23 pm
Hello everyone, I am new here. I registered because I would like to let you all know that I was almost scammed by these people. Same M.O. Asking you to write a letter, etc. Then warning bells came in when the letter almost immediately approved my request. More warning bells came when they asked me to send $1900 for processing the leave thru western union.

Idk if this will help future victims, but this is the information that they gave me to send money to:

Jessica McCord from Marbury, Al

letter was signed by:

GENERAL RAYMOND T. ODIERNO
Multi-National Corps – Afghanistan
Public Affairs Office, Camp Kabul
APO AE 0934

I am so pissed off right now. These people play with our emotions so be careful. I just feel bad for the real people's photos they used. They have no idea their pictures are being used to scam innocent people.

I'm glad I listened to my instincts
#156021 by Kammy1012 Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:10 pm
ladies be warned of fake accounts on zoosk.com. I recently met a man who was supposedly in Afghanistan. He said he was going to retire once he found his soulmate. Well within 2 weeks he fell in love and was turning in his resignation. I did my research and found several of his so called pictures on scams. He is randy smith purple and his email is [email protected]. We Skyped and he claimed he could not do the video chat when I heard his voice I realized he sounded like he was from Africa or nigeri because he did not sound American. I asked him why he couldn't video Skype and he said it is not allowed well that is a LIE. Military men can video Skype. If you come across one of these so called military men ask them for their AKO email address as every military personnel get assigned one. He said he didn't need one and I knew he was lying. An AKO stands for active knowledge online so push him for information. Do NOT ever give him bank account numbers or SS number. If they ask for it run. I did not loose any money just my time. The real purple is Thomas purple and was in the army but not anymore. I really started liking this guy and he did not exist. I found and contacted the real MR. purple and he told me that he has had calls from 60 women!!!! These men are a disgrace to mankind. I would do your homework before you loose your money. Be careful and hear his voice first and get verification by asking for a picture with a sign showing your name, this guy sent me pics of his family and all the pics were of Thomas purple the real one. Good luck and be on guard,
#164396 by Elizabeth13 Sat May 04, 2013 1:12 pm
I had a similar thing happen to me! Someone was impersonating a member of the us military. Very sad when I saw that it was a jerk using a solider who had passed away. He kept making all these fake promises and wanting me to send money to Nigeria to help his son and mom. I am like really you are in the military and no one is giving your money to your mom for your son! So aggravating. So glad to be done with that!
#164514 by Britters Sun May 05, 2013 4:04 am
Hi B

Good to hear from you , Well about my self , I'm a Staff Sergeant. David Barker Army Officer from PA am 50 years old and 6 ft 1 inches tall . I'm a windowed my wife died in an accident 9 years ago and i have no kids but i love kids with all my heart , i have 2 orphans in Sri Lanka that i take care off. I was born in in Glen Mills PA , mom from Mexico and dad from United State and that was where I grew up in PA until the time I joined the Army 25 years ago, i am among of the badge sent to Kabul a city in Afghanistan to protect the place with the United Nations (UN) 4 years ago,and I will be coming back home in few weeks time to retire and start a new life with my partner by my side .

I am looking for a responsible woman to move on with and settle down with when I come back Home. So i was introduce to okcupid by a troop here that met his wife on the internet so he suggested for me to give a try and see how things goes , you are my first contact i want to get to know well and see what the future may bring to us . I am the only child of my late parents, i don't have any siblings. My mother died when i was at the age of 35years, and also my father passed away just last year... I have been single for years now, and am tired of being lonely so is about time for me to find a woman that i can share the rest of my life with .

I am honest and trustworthy person with a good sense of humor.I am an open hearted person and a man of my word. I enjoy the outdoors, exercise to keep in shape, I enjoy family times.I like to go out to walking on the beach or woods, picnics, the mountains, camping out and traveling to new places. Bit of a romantic and I'm calm, I don't like to argue, I like to go out and have a good time. I usually have a smile on my face and always like to look at the good side of things. Am loyal, family oriented, soft, passionate, trustworthy man. I'm easygoing and outgoing.I'm a man full of fun,i seem to be seriously wanting to meet the woman of my life.I love music,movies,outdoors,sight seeing and reading.I'm caring, understanding and am seeking a caring,understanding and honest woman who must have a (GSOH)great sense of humor.I love kids ,I am all for cuddling and hugging and holding each other as much as possible.I love spontaneous actions and surprises. I take walks on the beach .I love poetry, books, walks on the beach and cozy candlelight dinners.I enjoy movies, television, music, traveling, the quietness of the mountains, the ocean, sunrises and sunsets.A nonsmoker/drinker, not into drugs (don't need them in my life).

I believe in enjoying the good life and am high on it. I have a healthy attitude about God and the Bible. I am a very outgoing person, who loves to dine out travel and enjoy the simple life. Again am a hopeless romantic and very affectionate. I have a good sense of humor and I like to make you laugh. I like to chill out with a good book, movie and its even more fun when you have a special someone to do this with.very easy to get a long with and a very good listener.I love to share my time with people(especially in the barracks) I love and care.I believe keeping fit is important.I am not interested in games or drama. I enjoy soft wine and am always looking for someone to share the appreciation of good food and fine soft wine. I like getting out and checking out local talent and live concerts. I enjoy movies and music for relaxation a quiet night at home is also enjoyed and welcomed. I am open to trying different activities and up for the challenge. I love spontaneity and being a bit impulsive.I generally try to live a healthy lifestyle, exercising and some sort of jogging, almost everyday and eating healthy.

I would also like to find a like-minded woman where we can participate in activities together and encourage each other to pursue their interests as well. i have several hobbies and wish I could find more time to pursue those such as swimming and reading, and more,and would like someone to share that with, as well as their sharing their interests with me.i do not expect a woman to be a servant to me, spending all her time working and and cleaning,i believe there is give and take in a relationship, and I realize that at times it's more convenient for me to do laundry, cook, clean, and I have no problem doing that with my soul mate.

I consider myself to be a fairly honest and truthful person and expect the same in return. I am highly wealthy and proud i don't expect someone to attempt to deceive me or "play" me but rather love me and give me her heart. Someone i can share ideas and do everything as husband and wife, also i don't know how to make someone feel bad or bad about me and it says do unto others what you want others to do unto you .I believe that time spent apart helps keep things fresh in a relationship and makes the time we do spend together even better. I'm not one who cheats in a relationship,one woman is enough trouble , I don't have the time or energy to juggle 2, 3,or 4 at the same time haha. I am generally an optimistic person, fairly easy-going, and I don't think that I'm too critical about things, but I also believe that it takes two people contributing to a relationship to make it work.I would like to end here or I might finish here writing a whole book.haha. Anyways, thank you in advance for allowing me to express myself to you. You have a lot of qualities that i admire in your profile but let see what the future may bring to us ! Hope i did not scare you way ? Attached are some pictures of me as well .. I like your pictures on okcupid , Enjoy your weekend and hope to hear from you soon.

Sincerely,

Your New Friend

Sergeant. David Barker