Learn about us and introduce yourself
#80214 by bruiseviolet Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:22 am
On a side note- after reading the emails- you can obviously tell these are not (1) people familiar with the english language (2) people note familiar with how the US military works. etc...

Some things that caught my eye: [*]

Moderator note: I edited out the items which would be helping scammers in their evil deeds. Thank you for understanding. You have a PM. ~Bubbles

anyways- those items stood out to me, that if I had received this letter would have immediately thrown up the red flags.
Advertisement

#80250 by Arnold Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:48 am
Welcome to Scamwarners Bruiseviolet.
What you say, is of course true, but we prefer not to go into details about what is wrong with the English spoken by scammers. Some do visit this forum, and we don't want them improving their English.
In fact at our sister site www.419eater.com, we sometimes try and make it worse.

#80542 by began steele Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:33 am
By the way if anyone sees a photo of SSgt Aaron Ramos, which is the OP photos, they are dealing with a Scammer.
Aaron is not on any sites hunting women (PERSONAL COMMUNICATION) and does not use his pictures on any dating site. He is aware of what is going on.

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. ~~ George Orwell.
#81690 by ratt84 Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:36 am
he always resurfaces :lol:
new member today

http://www.wayn.com/profiles/ramoscaptain
Hi, my name is Ramos Captain. I'm a 51 year-old American male,currently in USAR Center, United States. I have 9 friends around the world and I'm online now!

ABOUT MYSELF
some details about me: I'm Ramos and I'm a United States Captain ,Believe in Yourself, and Remember that anything Is Possible believe in what makes you feel good. Believe in what makes you happy. Believe in the dreams you've always wanted to come true, and give them every chance to. If you are willing to take the opportunities you are given and utilize the abilities you have, you will constantly fill your life with special moments and unforgettable times. No one knows the mysteries of life or its ultimate meaning, but for those who are willing to believe in their dreams and in themselves, life is a precious gift in which anything is possible. Develop a sense of confidence and let us believe in our-self and our dreams will come true!! I care for you alone. I am a very responsible man
#85875 by rosalill Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:00 pm
The man in the pictures I have posted above, is Aaron Ramos. If you want to know more, please visit:
Support the most abused US Soldier Aaron Ramos on the internet. group on facebook
regards, rosalill
#86328 by jadecar711 Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:58 pm
I have been in a fake romance with an army solider and it really hurts that he would use the army for his scams. I believed him and his thoughts but now I'm hurt and lost money in that belief before I found out about army scammers. I know I will never get the money back but it's the principle. so I turn him in to the Department of army Defense and other army departments- I gave all the information concerning our conversations and texts- the money I lost and the amount he wanted to addition to what he already got from me. I could not believe he would be so incredible and sincere , To tell the truth I really wanted to see him and begin a relationship that could've lead to marriage with a friend. my stupidity and heart cause me much pain but I refuse to become a victim again- I will stay single just for this reason- I will not pursue another love relationship because I have had my fill of being a fool for love...
My scammer's name : Staff Sgt. David Mark Purple / United States Army/ stationed in Aphganistan...
Email : [email protected]
Phone Number : 252 -289-1466 ( Wilson,North Carolina ) yes ,I called but din't get any answer-- go figure !!!
#86352 by Bubbles Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:52 am
Hello jadecar711 and welcome to ScamWarners. I am sorry you got scammed. The scammer who wasted your time and took your money is not the person who was in the photos. Scammers steal photos of REAL service people and use them to scam unsuspecting people.

The scammer uses a name that they find, or that goes with the photos. The scammer is NOT a member of the military. The scammer is typically in west Africa or Maylasia.

If you still have emails from him, please find the headers (instructions are in my signature line) and post them up here so we can look at them for you. We can often find the country the scammer is emailing from this way.

I hope you will spend some time reading around our site and learn how to spot scams of all kinds, including recovery scams.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#89625 by rlbmdb Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:47 am
Hello My name is Rhonda, and I too have been scammed by this so called person named David Mark Purple.
With luck my daughter caught it before any money was exchanged.What do I need to do to report this, I dont know what steps I need to take.
#89697 by Bubbles Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:53 am
Welcome to ScamWarners rlbmdb . I am pleased to hear that you were not scammed. Please add any new information about this scammer.

There is no overarching authority to report scammers to. We do what we do to help expose scammers, educate and support victims. We want people on the internet to be safe. The best protection is an educated user who knows what a scam looks like. To know how to look and see if it fits the format of a scam and not to send money by money transfer service (Western Union, Money Gram, or any other cash transfer system) to anyone they do not know in the flesh, rather than someone they "met" on the internet. Scammers are the ones who ask a stranger to do that.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#91266 by az602gurl Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:55 am
OMG!!! My name is Anna Marie. I too fell in love with a Sgt. David Mark Purple from US Army deployed in Afghanistan! : his phone number is: 252-289-1466. We met online on Zoosk dating site on 12-5-11...he scammed me alot of money as i am SO EMBRASSED NOW TO SAY HOW MUCH!!! and he NEVER DID COME HOME like he said he would be here already! i am so PISSED off and feel like such a damm FOOL!!! I am doing evrything in my power to get him caught!! i have a copy of his military ID i made him send to me along with alot os phooney emails and alot of unprofessional crappy misspelled military letters!!! i pray to God that he gets caught and doesn't victimize anyone else out here! this FOOL continues to text me EVERY single day and I told him off and he still continues to text me..he just text me a few hours ago saying STILL how much he LOVES ME?/?/ I am so UPSET and consider this NOW all a scam as i should of read the RED flags and not have anyone play my heart like this! i am going to be sending all these emails he sent me to ic3.gov and to also the FBI and to the secret service!
#91267 by AlanJones Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:05 am
Hello az602gurl and welcome to ScamWarners.

I am sorry to hear that you were scammed by a scammer pretending to be a member of the armed forces.

Unfortunately, there will not be much that the FBI/secret service will be able to do, as the scammer is likely to be operating anonymously from an Internet cafe in somewhere like West Africa.

All of the IDs/photographs that he has sent you will be fake or stolen from a real soldier on somewhere like Facebook.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#91268 by az602gurl Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:11 am
jadecar711 wrote:I have been in a fake romance with an army solider and it really hurts that he would use the army for his scams. I believed him and his thoughts but now I'm hurt and lost money in that belief before I found out about army scammers. I know I will never get the money back but it's the principle. so I turn him in to the Department of army Defense and other army departments- I gave all the information concerning our conversations and texts- the money I lost and the amount he wanted to addition to what he already got from me. I could not believe he would be so incredible and sincere , To tell the truth I really wanted to see him and begin a relationship that could've lead to marriage with a friend. my stupidity and heart cause me much pain but I refuse to become a victim again- I will stay single just for this reason- I will not pursue another love relationship because I have had my fill of being a fool for love...
My scammer's name : Staff Sgt. David Mark Purple / United States Army/ stationed in Aphganistan...
Email : [email protected]
Phone Number : 252 -289-1466 ( Wilson,North Carolina ) yes ,I called but din't get any answer-- go figure !!!

MY SCAMMER NAME IS ALSO: Staff Sgt. rank E6/ [email protected]/cell phone number: 252-289-1466. i thought is was a NJ phone number. he tried calling me Saturday night but i didn't answer as that was the FIRST time he tried calling me in the almost 4 months this FAKE relationship started! I had 6 missed calls from him. He already knows he is in trouble but do you think he cares? he took a substanstial amount of money from me and I am feeling so STUPID now! i should of used my GUT feelings and instincts! he also started using a NEW email: [email protected] i also found the people on FACEBOOK of the receivers he wanted me to send money to Early leave dept to get him to come home as a third party has to pay his flight charges since he claimed he wasn't due yet for his leave. he strung me along and gave me bits and pieces as he is good at what he does! i HATE him so much and he put me in somewhat of a debt put i been working so hard to get caught back up! God will PUNISH him as he can't LIE CHEAT and STEAL and expect to prosper from all of this! i have more information of other fake military email addresses and the people names to send the western union funds to but i need to go back to sleep because i have to go to work early! i found this website as something has been continuning to bother me and i just with luck, googled his name and found this to my surprise! Thanks for posting this even though it's too LATE for me to see but we CAN catch this fool!
#91679 by began steele Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:57 am
Hello az602gurl.
Sadly "he" is not in trouble and will never be caught. "He" is a group of young African men sitting in an internet cafe in Nigeria or Ghana and scamming people. The most excercise they take is going to collect the latest money transfer and laughing with their fellow gangsters at their successes. They work a 24 hour shift at scamming someone, no single person dealt with you, they just use pre-prepared documents and once someone is hooked they keep it going.
The best you can do is to publish the fake papers here via http://www.scamwarners.com and also sample letters. Google bots pick up scripts and photos and anyone else can find them. Sorry you were scammed but, honestly, you can do nothing to these people except as I suggest here. There is no possiblity of any policeman or agency dealing with all of it. You need to accept the situation, write the money off and move on. Beware of "emauls" telling you they can recover your money. It is another scam.

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. ~~ George Orwell.
#92075 by az602gurl Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:38 am
began steele wrote:Hello az602gurl.
Sadly "he" is not in trouble and will never be caught. "He" is a group of young African men sitting in an internet cafe in Nigeria or Ghana and scamming people. The most excercise they take is going to collect the latest money transfer and laughing with their fellow gangsters at their successes. They work a 24 hour shift at scamming someone, no single person dealt with you, they just use pre-prepared documents and once someone is hooked they keep it going.
The best you can do is to publish the fake papers here via http://www.scamwarners.com and also sample letters. Google bots pick up scripts and photos and anyone else can find them. Sorry you were scammed but, honestly, you can do nothing to these people except as I suggest here. There is no possiblity of any policeman or agency dealing with all of it. You need to accept the situation, write the money off and move on. Beware of "emauls" telling you they can recover your money. It is another scam.

I have a copy of my scammer Sgt. David Mark Purple/stationed in Afghanistan but currently since Feb 14, 2012 supposedly being held in Hamburg, Germany (NATO) LOL ALL LIES!!! well an email he sent to me, a copy of his fake military ID..i have ALSO all the PERSON's Names of where i stupiditly sent WESTERN UNION monies to: FIRST one was to: Jeffrey Walker/180 State St.E/Grey Eagle, MN 56336 then i was asked to wire addtional funds to: Shawn Weldy/116 Caravan Dr. Elkhart, IN 46514 then lastly to send final WESTERN UNION funds 3x to : Angel Escamilla/530 Salmar Ave/Campbell, CA 95008. AND after all this, later on I FOUND A FEMALE girl ON FACEBOOK, by the name of: ..(ANGEL Shawn Escamilla Weldy) that lives in CAMPBELL, CA!!! GO FIQURE!!!
THE enail addresses ALSO Sgt. David Mark Purple had provided and USED to sent to me is: ([email protected]) ([email protected]) ([email protected]) ([email protected]) AND David NEVER wanted to provide me with his MILITARY email address it was always his HOTMAIL free account..he just Emailed me and texted my cell phone..i NEVER MET him and NEVER spoken to him over the phone either..he sent me pictures of him in the army and stuff like that saying he can't use his telephone but ALWAYS this FAKE love romance we had that started 12-5-11 from the online Zoosk dating site,,,was ALL ABOUT SENDING MONEY to get him home for the holidays, then that didn't work he wanted for the valentines day then for HIS birthday March 20,,,said he was born this day in 1957. has a 8year old SON name HOPE in England with his mother in law cuz his wife debra passed away a few years ago to the breast cancer and he lost his two sisters and his both his grandparents and parents and blah blah blah....was ALWAYS about he needed MORE money sent western union and fill out personal inforamation on MY bank account and my work and stuff so they can transfer his leave bonus to me as his beneficiary..so YES THANK YOU for this SITE allowing me to find out the TRUTH as these two other girls here were also scammed by this guy Sgt. David Mark Purple PHONE : 252-289-1466 as HE STILL HAS HIS NERVE TO TEXT ME and say he LOVES ME and that these GIRLS are JUST jealous cuz he broke up with them when he told them he wanted to marry me? yeah right!@!! i will be posting those email letters i was sent over by him and those other email addresses to http://www.scamwarners.com ...I MAY NOT BE ABLE TO RECOVER THE SUBSTANTIAL AMOUNT OF MONEY I ALREADY SENT AND LOST..HOWEVER, WE CAN MAKE THIS PUBLIC AWARENESS so NO MORE VICTIMS are affected by these kind of SCAMS as these fools just play on the girls hearts! :(
#92078 by began steele Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:01 am
az602gurl download the pics to upload eater and then copy and paste the Image code here You want the one for forums , second from bottom. Just copy and paste code here. Its very easy to do. Even if you get it wrong most of us here, or the mods, will try to help. Us mortals can correct code and repost but mods can access the post and change it directly. Code will look something like [img]blahblahblah[/img].You can make an scamwarners account very easily too. You don't have to have one but you can play to get the codes right, and even use it for other photo sending purposes.