Learn about us and introduce yourself
#369258 by anna2018 Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:26 am
Hello all, Im new to this site. I think I have been scammed for big money. I had shares in Scorpion Performance but they went into chapter 11. I was contacted by a guy called Mark Roberts ( UK English accent ) saying that he was working for Baron-International and he said he had a cheque for me. In order to receive the cheque I had to pay tax of 1% on each share. so that was $13,700 which was a lot of money which I did not have as I was unemployed at the time so to come up with that sort of money. It sounded legitimate and above board so we used our mortgage money to pay him.
On top of that another guy called Thomas Dawson from a company called Wilson McGill Group and he was looking for more money to release the cheque to me, the more we gave the more they came up with we need more money for this and that. I ended up in Hospital with a heart problem over this.
I can go on and on with this, have you guys heard of this scam?
Kind Regards removed to protect privacy MW
Advertisement

#369796 by Mike Wilson Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:48 am
Please post the information that you have in the "various financial scams" section to help alert others to this scam.
Post a sample of the emails with the complete email address and telephone numbers. Include the links to any websites that are being used in this scam.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#410323 by Stonethrower Thu May 14, 2020 2:47 pm
Hi Anna

Just came across your message from 2018 - long time ago. (nothing like downtime during this Corona Virus Lockdown to revisit old woes!!! :)

In June 2006 I purchased 35,000 Common Stock Shares in Scorpion Performance Inc. For quite some time I received investor emails from their investor dept. telling me everything was fine.

In Sept 2017 I was told by a solicitor in Removed - AJ that Scorpion allegedly had gone into liquidation and there was no money left.(Short and sweet - nothing else)

I have not received any official legal information advising official liquidation and I wondered did you receive anything from Scorpion. I did originally receive a share certificate and nothing else.

Cheers
Last edited by AlanJones on Thu May 14, 2020 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Removed details of legitimate lawyers
#410324 by AlanJones Thu May 14, 2020 3:19 pm
The original poster hasn't returned to the forum since she first posted and the purpose of this site is not the discussion of the status of legitimate companies.

Locking this as no further discussion is needed.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.