Learn about us and introduce yourself
#350083 by Maria Hilario Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:09 pm
I was contacted through Instagram, by someone who claimed to be an army Major Sargent from the us military. Feeling impresses by having a leader wanting to be my friend, was overwhelming. We started to text back and forth. He claimed his name was "Robert Abrams" I checked his Instagram account and there he was, with some army photos. All was well, until he said he and his troops found a buried box full of about 15 millions usd. He wanted to send to my address his share; and said I only had to pay the release fee from the United Nations warehouse. That's when I started to Google united nations delivery services and was informed that was a scam. I found the real Major Sargent Robert Abrams, through his Twitter account and made him aware his name was being used by scamers and he replied that a lot of military leader's names are being used by scamers and that he never had an Instagram account. This's how I found this wonderful website to help prevent being victims. I must say I did gave the scammers my home address and am very afraid of what they may use it for. Maybe scam someone else using my information. Thanks for your time reading my story.
Advertisement

#350084 by Bryon Williams Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:16 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners,

Who ever you found on twitter is also most likely a scammer.

Stop all contact with everyone.

Do not try to contact the real person.

Scammers do make multiple profiles on Social media using stolen photo's.

99.9999999999% you contacted another scammer.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/