Learn about us and introduce yourself
#341698 by liz2876 Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:28 am
hi everyone...

I'm selling a prestige car online and was contacted by a man in another state wanting to purchase my car. I spoke to him on the phone and he seemed legitimate. he was unable to come to nsw to view the car because he was flying out to work on an oilrig overseas but he wanted to send me a deposit to secure the car through his overseas bank account. he asked me for my bank swiftcode and address... he said he wont be back in Australia until December 2017 in 2 months and then he will pay the remainder of the balance of the car prior to it being picked up and delivered to his home address....
can someone please give me some advice... ive never sold a car online and it seems a bit that he is sending me all this information including pictures of the oil rig
thanks guys
Advertisement

#341715 by AlanJones Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:04 am
This has scam written all over it. Working on an oil rig is a common scammer claim, to avoid having to meet their victims.

It is likely that he is planing on using you to launder money from his other scam victims. He will have a victim send you the deposit (they will think they are sending money for something else) and then come up with a reason why the money needs to be returned to him or sent elsewhere.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.