Learn about us and introduce yourself
#319067 by Klarson Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:13 pm
I have a question. So i had a check show up to me its a legit bank and business its a cashiers check i am nervous about cashing how can the teller tell its fake if it is or how many days till it clears??
Advertisement

#319069 by Bryon Williams Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:31 pm
I would not cash a random check sent to me.

Notify your banks fraud dept and give it to them.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#319874 by Inkedmom5 Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:08 pm
Bryon Williams wrote:I would not cash a random check sent to me.

Notify your banks fraud dept and give it to them.

Yes you definitely need to make sure that your bank's fraud department is notified. I myself have fallen victim to a similar type of scam. I received a check in the mail allegedly for my mystery shopper job that at the time I was in fact doing, however the check was for about 3x's the amount I had calculated. So I took it to my bank and they called and verified with the bank listed on the check the account holder and account number and were told everything was accurate, so my bank deposited the check into my account, unfortunately about 10 days later that check came back fraudulent and I ended up having to pay it all back. My advice on this is to contact the actual business the check is written from as well, had I called the business they would have told me the check was invalid.