Learn about us and introduce yourself
#4879 by RichardBlank Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:22 am
After reading a few threads, I wanted to introduce myself to this community. I look forward to sharing ideas with other forum members in regards to an important topic, scams. Working in a call center, I am approached many times to bring on "gray area" campaigns. I respectfully decline their offers, yet always find it interesting that people are brazen enough to try to defraud people or do something against ethics and good morales.

Best regards,

Richard

Advertisement

#4880 by Crispy Duck Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:34 am
Welcome, Richard. :D

Personally, I have no knowledge of scams originating from your part of the world :oops: but given that scammers are everywhere, it will be interesting to learn of any that come your way that you may wish to post here.

Sharing the knowledge - & thus educating the innocent people who are targetted by scammers - is a good way of limiting the criminal's success. That is what we try to do here & it is good to have a person such as yourself (involved in communication & telemarketing) to help spread the word. :)

#4881 by RichardBlank Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:32 am
Crispy Duck

Thank you for your reply and warm welcome.

Many call centers have received a black eye and bad reputation for accepting campaigns that have no intentions to help, yet fleece people from their money.

Once again, I will not take on anyone with a hint of shade. Just clean and wholesome companies that have something to offer.

You guys have created a very good site that supplies an abundant amount of information written by intelligent members.

Best regards,

Richard

#4884 by TLC Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:16 am
Hi Richard. I just want to endorse Crispy Duck's comments and say welcome aboard.

#4899 by RichardBlank Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:05 pm
Thank TLC.

Nice to meet you.

Richard