Learn about us and introduce yourself
#4858 by Sophie Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:59 am
Hi everyone I was almost scammed, I feel that the need of money made me ignore that it was ilegal I was emailed by "Supplier" I got as far as recieving the bank draft and the information of the two people that I was suppose to send the money to in "Russia" and thank god I just got this bad feeling so I called the bank were the bank draft was from and I looked into it with the serial number, and of course it was not authorized or even one of their numbers so it was a fake, after that I asked you guys for advise and I got, I did everything that I was told and now my only concern is that he has my address and I am scared for my two girls.

Thankyou for helping me and I really wish that we could find a way to get these people, like "primo", "calicash", and "supplier" I figure that they are all one person
Advertisement

#4861 by Dan Jones Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:52 am
Well done. I'm glad to see you made it here and worked out what was happening.

You should have nothing to fear from him having your address. You at most will find him sending you other cheques, or maybe even a sending a scam script by post.

If you followed the advice, you won't have done anything to annoy him. You'll just be another disappearing customer. It's the nature of his job, don't let him threaten you. Ignore him and everything he says.

Please post any of the details, names, email addresses, and initial emails you got from these people. (delete your details, or PM it to one of us and we will make sure you can't be identified) If you include the headers. We will be able to tell you if they are the same person and from what part of the world they originate.

Hope you are well, Newdonym.

#4862 by Crispy Duck Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:47 pm
Hello, Sophie & welcome. :D

As Newdonym says, feel free to send the details by PM to us. Some of us work in conjunction with our sister site 419Eater.com where we enjoy wasting the scammers time & resources. :-)

That said, the criminal will not move away from his chair in the internet cafe, so you have nothing to fear from any threatening emails you may receive! It is all only words!

The advice above, regarding posting his emails etc., is a good way for us to warn others who may fall into the same trap as you might have done!

Again, well done for checking with the Bank & for not falling for the scam!