Learn about us and introduce yourself
#306614 by gyb44 Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:42 pm
Posted my resume online a last wk. A company called QA Info Tech Pvt Ltd from Noida, India wanted to interview asap thru Google hangouts. My first thought, a video call interview, my first one. Wrong.... interview chat. Promised $30/hr train for one wk from home online. Then $35/hr as a full time employee with full benefit pkg. Could not believe it, too good to be true. That's right...... I started my search. Googled everything about this company. U name it, I searched it. Nothing came up. So, I figured I had found a great job. Signed my contract the next day via email and electronic signature. The Hiring manager Derrick Wesley, then tells me I need to purchase working materials from specific retail vendors the company has been using for years along with certain kinds of software. The company will send me a check, I am to deposit and purchase a laptop and everything I need to work from home. They send a check with tracking # thru USPS, never gets to me, sent to wrong address. He then says the company will pay my credit card balance off and I can use the available credit to purchase my work materials.... Red Flag #1. Things start to feel weird, I go along with him and wait and see what happens. He gives me the Wells Fargo Minneapolis, MN routing #064003768 Account #8496477749. I process a full balance payment to my Capital One credit card. The hiring manager then asks me about cash advance limit....what employer does that? WRONG!!! Red Flag #2. Still feeling uneasy I ask my mother, a former tax accountant, about the accounting software the company wanted me to purchase. She had no idea. So I did what I do best, go to google and search. I searched the software name, MYOB business essentials software 2012. LOW AND BEHOLD RED FLAG #3!!!! The search said SCAM SCAM WORK FROM HOME SCAM JOB WITH INDIAN TECH COMPANY USING THIS SOFTWARE. wtf!!!!!!!! I Immediately cancel the credit card payment. Call Capital One and cancel the card. Now I'm writing on this site to inform others about this scam.
Advertisement

#306615 by vonpaso xlura Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:08 pm
Please post the email you got, any website mentioned (whether fake or real) of the company that the scammer is pretending to be, and the address on Google Hangouts that you were told to connect to. This will enable other victims to find it in a search.

If any scam money has appeared in your bank account, contact the fraud department of your bank and do not withdraw anything until it has been sent back. If a check arrives in the mail from the scam, take it to the US Postal Inspector along with printouts of the emails.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#306630 by Terminator5 Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:55 am
This is the same scam as "Piramal Health Care Ltd" September 19 , 2011 .

viewtopic.php?p=91732#p91732

And although they steal the names of Indian Companies , the scam is West African. In 2011 it was MYOB business essentials software 2010 .

Daniel 8 :25