Learn about us and introduce yourself
#303566 by Judybugtwo Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:21 pm
I have had a good friend for eight years. This last year he has been getting on these Filipino dating sites and meeting ladies. They are always asking for money and I always have managed to convince him they were scammers. Of course in the past he has lied ot me when I asked him if he sent money and he would tell me NO.. but then later confess he had sent them money. It seems he is getting worse and worse and they are getting better better because it is getting harder and harder to convince him.

About 3 months ago the lady from the philipines who he started comunicating with confess her love for him at the very beginning. It was sickening because he professed his love on his timeline to her and on her timeline but she never mentioned him at all

He also went on his timeline and posted that he was in love with her and that they were engaged. Now this was within two weeks of meeting her. He is a respitory therapist at a hospital and all of his coworkers who are nurses and professinal people congradulated him.

I had asked do they know you have not even met her. He made it sound like they have known each other for years. He of course got mad at me. Well as they talked on skype he had caught her in some lies and seen for himself she had several accounts with different names. She also had several pictures where she had a birth mark on her left cheek and then she sent another picture where the birth mark was on the other cheek. So any way with her I didn't have much convining but I was worried there for a while but finally convinced him.

They broke up and now it is 3 months later and now he has met another philippino lady. Here we go again. After three weeks of only dating she has professed her love for him and is now calling him husband. He is her husband. I told him you have another scammer you better be careful. I told him that is one of the warning signs professing their love at the very beginning of the relationship. The next thing I know he has announced on his timeline he is engaged to her too.

I am thinking I bet they think something is wrong with him. I told him this doesn't look very professional of you every few months getting engaged. I started talking to him about leaving the relationship and he went and told her so she then blocked me from her facebook. He told me after that that she has already sent him advertisements for engagment rings and she told him already that her mobile phone is fixing to die and she will not be able to communicate with him.

He sent her some advertisments for some in expensive phones and she told him right up front that she wanted and I phone 8. I told him oh my you better run from this. Last friday he came by and wanted to talk to me he stayed for a couple of hours. We looked at her timeline he pointed out some things and I just told him all the things she is doing is the sign of a scammer and to leave her alone. I told him please delete her.

He asked me would I find a website that translated her language because she did not speak english on her timeline and he could not read anything she was commenting on. I never did see any comments from her on her timeline because they talked on messenger.

I asked him had he ever seen her he told me know that they have only talked on the phone and that her video on her phone wasn't working.

Another red flag. He doesn't even know who he is talking to. He agreed with me and promised that he was going to end the relationship thank me for being his friend and left.

Everything was great. The next day saturday I got on facebook to send him a link for translating visyian and tagalog language. I open facebook went to send him a message and he wasn't there he had blocked me.

Now this was the very next day after we had talked and everything was fine. I didn't know what to think? So I went to my messages he left me a message that I am always messing his relationships up and that lady said the reason I am is because I am in love with him.

I could not beleive what I was reading. He told me he did not want no further contact with me and to leave him alone. Oh my goodness where was this coming from. If I didn't know any better I would of thought this is someone else sending this. But it was his messenger. I was in shocked we be friends for eight years he helped me and I helped him. I am way older than him I am 65 and he is 50 so there is nothing but friendhship.

He was friends with my mother for years before me and she passed away and he helped me through that. And now here he is telling me not to even call him are contact him in anyway. I sent him a message on his phone and he again told me to leave him alone he is not going to let me mess up any more of his relationships that it doesn't matter who he meets I am always trying to break them up. I just could not believe this.

If he would of met someone that didn't ask him for money and say they loved him after the second phone call I would not even bother. But he is a easy going guy and naive. He has never ever said one un kind word to me. Now all of a sudden he is saying things that are evil.

She even has already contacted visa express because I did a web search for her name which is an american name and found the post from her to them asking for information on a visa. So a friend I have known for eight years and seen last friday has blocked me the next day and told me he didn't want anything further to do with me that I break up all his relationships.

Do you think I am wrong for being suspious. I believe she stopped him from talking to me because she was afraid I would talk him out of the relationship and then she could have total control of him. He hasn't even seen her she told him her video doesn't work that is a sign right there.

Is there anything I can do to stop her from continuing to scam him. He is a quiet person and is despertate for a wife. I think who ever this is has found this out and has total control of him.

I don't even believe that message he wrote was from her and I don't think that telephone message was from him. But then again how could she message me from his phone.? Something just isn't right. Is there anything that can be done to see if she is a scammer???

Are is he just doomed to be financially ruined. The last lady tried her best to get him to come to Manilia he even went to his 401 k and drew the money out to go but at the last minute decided not to go.

I sent him a travel advisory and I think maybe he read it and did get scared.

Another thing is he had asked me to look things up for him and search different links and send them to him.

In his message to me he said I was stalking them and no one asked me to interfere are you kidding me. I am so confuse and hurt at the same time.

This is not my good friend whom I know. Its like he has been hypmotised if that is possible.

Please advise me as to what I should do if anything.

I apologize this message is so long but I am just devastaed about this.

Thank you so much for your time. :( :?:
Last edited by Bryon Williams on Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:48 am, edited 2 times in total. Reason: Broke up long run on.
Advertisement

#303568 by Bryon Williams Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:55 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners,

Sorry your friend is going through this. There is no blame on you.

The scammer has told him not to believe friends and family. He has told your friend that you all will come in between them.

I willing to bet it is the same scammer over and over again or he is on a dating site full of scammers.

There is not much you can do about this.

I suggest you remove the scammers from your FB account and make your account private.

This is a scam that we do not address.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/