Learn about us and introduce yourself
#299364 by Perguntador Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:05 pm
Hello, if this is not the right place to post my concern, I am sorry in advance. I have been exchanging messages via mobile phone with a person since more than a year now. We have met on a dating site, then, as far as I remember good, it was him, who suggested typing via e-mail, and mobile. I am a citizen of one of the Eastern Europe countries, the man is from the USA. Yesterday I have read, that it should be suspicious for a potential scam victim, if there is a feeling "explosion" from the beginning (it was declared by him after about 2nd message), if the writing person is from different country, if he is traveling for working overseas (he declaired it - he does it supposedly irregular, he is oftentimes waiting for some new cruises). I got alarmed by reading those advices, what is worse, he knows now my date of birth, and... my home address (I am affraid especially of this), he asked me manytimes for my photos, thankfully, I didn't sent anything x-rated, only lots of normal pictures with me. He is promissing and hoping more than a year now, that he wil see me, he must only have a proper cruise, he is not specific about this. His grammar, in my oppinion (I am not native speaker, so it is not that obvious for me) is average, not full of mistakes. I am still afraid now, it is some psychological prepairing me for scam with some ( :shock: ? ) consequences of being stupid and giving my home address for postcard. Any advice for me? Thank you in advance for any suggestion.
Advertisement

#299370 by Terminator5 Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:03 pm
Its common for West Africans to pose as Americans working overseas and targeting non native English speakers . Please post some examples of this fake Americans Emails .

THX

Daniel 8 :25
#299398 by HillBilly Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:31 pm
Perguntador, lets not jump to the finish line before we have gotten to the starting line, OK? You don't even know if this person is real, or a scammer yet. Maybe he is real and really wants to send you a postcard.

As T5 said, please post an email or 2 from him, including his email address and the complete headers from the emails if you can. Remove your personal information before you post the emails and headers.

On a side note just in case a package shows up at your door asking you to send it somewhere else ( especially overseas), send it back to whomever sent it to you as it will very likely be something purchased with a stolen credit card.

#299439 by vonpaso xlura Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:25 pm
Not all scammers are African. Most of us can identify West African (or Niger-Congo) English at sight, but there are other scams posted here which were written by Russians, other Slavs/Balts/Romanians, or Europeans whose language we couldn't identify, beyond that it is Indo-European but not Germanic. Also scammers sometimes write in French mechanically translated to English, English translated to French or Spanish, or Russian translated to English. Post the messages and we'll take a look.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#299452 by Perguntador Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:12 pm
Thank you very much for reactions from all of you, I have currently a pvt. conversation with Terminator5 . Regards