Learn about us and introduce yourself
#298997 by pianodave3 Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:17 pm
Recently I tried a service called Skype...The service is great and works well, but I suggest that anyone trying to use a new service make sure that you totally understand it. Person named sweet.life Skyped me. She was somehow to get my image and photoshop it into a video which showed me in a not so complimentary activity. The next thing I know, I was being threatened that this video was going to be posted on youtube and sent to all of my friends on facebook. The person showed me what appeared to be an official youtube video. I have never had a feeling like that before. I really thought that I was going to have a heart attack. The person was asking for $3000,00 or they would post the videos. I panicked for a little while, then I started to take action. The person was located on the Ivory Coast. The asked me to send the money through Western Union....I did not send them money. Generally, not much will come of it...These people are criminals and they know it, but they don't know you know it. I blocked them on Skype and Facebook. In addition, I created a Google alert to notify me if anything shows up on the internet. It has been 5 days and nothing. In addition, I reported them to the FBI. A couple of things to help help you relax if this happens to you. First, send no money.....Second, they are breaking the law on several levals...Third, no one can post a video or pictures without your permission...There are fail safes built in the internet, but I am sure that these are probably not totally reliabel.Fourth, most of the time they use the translator and they don't totally understand you nor you them. You will be able to tell by the broken English. They are probably trying to scam several people at the same time. When they realize they are not going to get anything and will move on...Best advice, don't get caught on video...I would just text or chat verbally until you really get to know the other person. Even then be careful!!!!
Advertisement

#299004 by Bryon Williams Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:07 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners,

The best advice is not to send/receive compromising photographs/video from anyone.

For assistance go here >> viewtopic.php?f=13&t=116974 Read the first post. Then read other post. You may post their for assistance.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/