Learn about us and introduce yourself
#297938 by Novi Winfield Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:18 am
I was hoping I wouldn't be back here, but here I am. No offence to this site, I really appreciate that it's here.

I've been unemployed since January and trying really hard to find employment. Worse than the minute wages that are being offered nowadays, there's also scams to throw into the mix. I've never encountered one until about a month ago, now I've come across a second. (At least I'm fairly certain I have).

I'm happy to report anything I come across during my job search. Every bit helps.

Cheers,

Novi
Advertisement

#298093 by HillBilly Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:51 pm
Hi and welcome, Novi. The sad fact is scammers / criminals have found ways and means to infiltrate every area of life. The internet has made their crimes explode because now they are not limited to their own local areas for comitting their crimes.

Being jobless or underemployed makes matters worse, especially when you see a job that seems like a dream job advertised. Always keep in mind that if it looks too good to be true, it probably is.

Do your research, and never give out personal information to anyone you have never met in person. Lots of fake websites are set up just to steal your information, so research them as well before applying for jobs. There are real temporary and permanent employers out there, but a bit of research tells the difference between the imposters and real ones in a few minutes of time.

it sounds like you have already had some "school of hard knocks" education on the employment scams, but read this article and the links contained within it... hopefully it will educate you more without the need of the hard knocks.
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=44

Good luck with the job hunt,
HB