Learn about us and introduce yourself
#293612 by Mr Truth Tue May 03, 2016 2:31 am
Hi,just wanted to introduce myself,i'm glad that there are now many websites/forums that address the issues of scammers and thier emails considering many people have been the victims of ruthless people.One women lost her house and now lives in a caravan because she was scammed by a male on a dating site....So it's a good thing that we can put up these emails and scammers to let others know...keep up the good work,i will post any scams i have already experienced on here and since 2006 that has been quite a few...
Dating sites seem to be riddled with scammers who use fake photo's etc...thank god some now ask for people to be verified which does help...peace...
Advertisement

#293613 by Terminator5 Tue May 03, 2016 2:43 am
Thank you for posting . We maintain this blog as a warning device .

Daniel 8 :25
#293639 by HillBilly Tue May 03, 2016 11:18 am
Hi and welcome, Mr Truth. There are estimates that some dating sites have as many as 90% scammers on their female profiles.

There is a lot you can do to avoid the scammers, read the romance scam stickies ( the ones that look kinda like light bulbs). viewforum.php?f=13

Remember also that just because a person exists does not mean you are talking to that person in email ( text, whatever). The only real way to prove someone is real is to be on video chat with them, and have them do something extremely unusual, such as making a sign with a sequence of letters and #'s on it in front of you while you have the cam chat going. This is probably not something that would be done in the first weeks of meeting, but don't give out any of your personal identity information until after you are sure there is a live human on the other side of the screen. You may not believe what animated software can do these days.

I'm certain you have received those SCAM / SPAM letters in your email box asking for your personally identifiable information ( lottery, job scams, loan scams, trunk box, dying widow, royalty in another country that can't leave, etc, etc). Believe it or not some people do send in their real information before they realize it is a fraud, and some never realize it is a fraud. It is those people that are impersonated by the scammers. They are real people that exist, you just are not involved with that particular person.