Learn about us and introduce yourself
#289160 by Honey2 Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:00 pm
Hi!
I'm German and i got a Mail from Paul Clark, u.s Army based in Bagdad. WE met the First Time in a dating Website and i'm really shure that it is a scam.
So, my question is: is there any possibility to find out the real Paul Clark, because the scammer has a Lot of pictures and Informations about him?
Advertisement

#289165 by HillBilly Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:08 pm
Honey2 wrote:So, my question is: is there any possibility to find out the real Paul Clark, because the scammer has a Lot of pictures and Informations about him?

hi and welcome, Honey2. Glad you did not fall for the scam. :)

In order to answer your question let me first state that this "paul clark" might be a real individual serving in the armed forces. If it is then he is also a victim of this criminal by stealing his photos and using them to commit crimes.

What would you do if you found the real Paul Clark? tell him that he is being victimized by a criminal? Do you think if he has a family ( wife / children) that his wife and kids want to have any ideas in their heads that it is possible the real paul clark was messing with you, not an imposter? The fact is you do not want to find the real victim and tell him about it.

If you want to send in a complaint then follow the guidelines listed here : http://www.cid.army.mil/documents/Looko ... Scams2.pdf

Let them do the investigations, and alert the other victim that his images are stolen and used to commit crimes. It is not a task you want to do on your own. You might cause more harm than good by trying to do a good deed.

#289167 by Honey2 Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:13 am
Thank you for this Information! I filled up this form, if it is enough, it is ok for me. I just want to keep him informed, because there is also his son on these pictures...
Thank you for your help.