Learn about us and introduce yourself
#287977 by texastimbo Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:45 pm
Having been the victim of an Internet puppy scam I just wanted to know if anyone has had experience, success, etc. with sites like the FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center, The Federal Trade Commission, the Better Business Bureau, local law enforcement, or the Attorney General's office of the state where the fraud was committed- in other words I live in Texas and wired money via Moneygram to Alabama and so I filed a complaint with the Attorney General's Office in that state. Any thoughts, experiences, or suggestions?
Advertisement

#287979 by Terminator5 Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:47 pm
Just because you were told you were wiring money to Alabama , doesn't mean it was picked up there . It was probably picked up in West Africa . The puppy/ pet scams are usually from the Cameroon .
Last edited by Terminator5 on Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Daniel 8 :25
#287982 by Bryon Williams Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:59 pm
I agree with T5.

Even if it was picked up in Alabama it only means the scammer has a victim in Alabama who thinks they have an online job to pick up money.

I am sorry to say your money is gone. You will never get it back. You did the right thing by reporting it to the authorities and warning the public here.

Please be aware that the scammer may contact you again pretending to be some one who can get your money back. This will also be a scam. He will have you pay fee's again.

ETA: I will move this to Welcome to Scamwarners forum after you read this.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#287983 by texastimbo Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:00 pm
Wow I feel like a complete idiot! I assumed if you sent it to Alabama then they had to pick it up at a location in that particular state- how could they pick it up in Africa? This is all just very disturbing.