Learn about us and introduce yourself
#285561 by Rebuhjs Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:46 pm
I think I've been scammed and I'm trying to locate further details on this man. I had NO idea they could play fake "live video" on Skype. It fits with some of my other suspicions. Thank you so much for the information!
Advertisement

#285562 by Bryon Williams Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:08 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners,

If you can post emails sent to you minus your personal information along with email addresses and names used we can look into it.

You can also post his Skype profile name/link and any phone numbers used.

If we learn he is not a scammer we will remove all post related to him.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#286342 by Rebuhjs Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:44 pm
I think I was scammed by a guy I chatted with for about four months (I'll post about him separately). At the time, I didn't know people scammed for pics, images, or videos. I fear I was extremely naive.

The image that's supposedly being used now, is a profile or face pic. However, I've never used it publicly or as a profile pic. A handful of people have seen it. The man who I suspect scammed me liked it a lot.

I set up an account with SKOUT two days ago. It was the first, and only time, I used the pic as my profile pic. This morning, a guy said it was impossible I'd only been there two days. He claimed he'd seen my pic previously.

I asked him when and what name was used. He couldn't remember, but he became suspicious of me. He requested a "real-time" pic. It was early morning, hair and makeup weren't fixed, but I dislike being doubted. I shot a hideous selfie.

I started deleting pics on SKOUT. He requested a second "real-time" pic. It crossed my mind, why did he message me now? If he'd seen me before, why not message me then? I just felt sick and frustrated. I blocked him, anyone on KIK, and shut down everything. No more chatting for me.

Based on the research I've done, the man I believe to be a scammer meets a lot of the red flags, but he's never registered on reverse image or site searches. After reading about how a scammer may use your images, I started reverse searches on myself. I've never received results.

A few weeks ago, I thought this same pic may have been flagged. No negative results followed. I attributed it to paranoia.

I've contacted SKOUT and reached out to a couple other resources. I contacted the Scam & Fraud Dept. at the FTC. I'm never using the one pic in question again.

I didn't know if, without names or profile details, there was a way to warn others that these pictures are being used under false pretenses? Possibly for scamming or fraud?

I've deleted or deactivated social media. This is creepy and I feel so confused. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!