Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#276035 by Tarnz68 Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:27 pm
This is my first post re: Internet scams, and I was immediately suspicious of the email claiming that a person with my name, urging me to provide my personal details in order to recieve the amount of $11.5 million(US), from the estate of a man bearing nearly the exact same name as myself. I am a native of New Zealand, and there is no way a MALE in some other part of the world can be related to myself and family.
I demanded proof of his title, business and client representation and refused to give my personal information to this person, alarm bells were going off, so I googled him and this site came up. He is aware that I am very wary of the existence of internet scams, yet he is still emailing me to reassure me that he is genuine, but to no avail because I refuse to be scammed.
Glad this sort of site is available for "newbies" to this sort of thing like me 8)
Advertisement

#276039 by HillBilly Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:57 pm
hi and welcome to scamwarners, Tarnz68

You will only get your frustration levels up by trying to convince this criminal he is a criminal. He does this for a living, 16 to 20 hours each day and hopes to find one victim every so often.

He lies so much, he probably couldn't pass a lie detector test if he told the truth while hooked up to it :laugh-s:

Likely, he has 30 or 40 different personalities (and email addresses) he uses to try and scam people with, and he really doesn't know which one is which. That is not counting all of his buddies at the internet cafe they sit at whom also have 30 + personalities and addresses.

The best thing to do with them is just report them here by email address in the appropriate sub forum. then delete their emails, so others can be warned of their scams.