Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#264365 by joyja Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:25 pm
Looks like a total scam. I had even went as far as filling out the application form and signing the employment agreement. I stunk to high heaven of scam but I was playing along until I was asked to use Yahoo IM to keep track of my hours. I am not putting any more energy to this and the old saying does apply - if it's too good to be true, it usually is. Below was the first email that was sent to me. Also, I called that number and had a legit person picking up and answering with " CCY, how can I help you" Also, I tried calling after hours and the voicemail sounds legit and business like. These people are getting better and better every day.

Joy, welcome to Cross-Culture Youth Foundation. We are pleased to extend an offer of employment to you in the position of Regional Representative.

This position requires the individual to be comfortable in a challenging, fast-paced work environment, and be able to work with minimal supervision. You will report directly to the supervising manager. Our employees are chosen from the most qualified people in the industry, and you were chosen from a group of excellent candidates.

The Regional Representative contributes to the mission of Cross-Culture Youth Foundation by assisting our students with permanent housing and study programs. This position allows you to work distantly from your home. Meaning you can work from any province in Canada. The Regional Representative performs a variety of Internet research functions and uses word processing, spreadsheets,and presentations. It requires strong computer and Internet research skills, flexibility, excellent interpersonal skills, along with the ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as outside clients and vendors. Sensitivity to confidential matters may be required.

Cross-Culture Youth Foundation is a global organization devoted to promoting cross-cultural engagement through work and volunteer exchange programs. Our company mission is to provide affordable access to international education for a diverse student population. Students gain intercultural competence through integration into their host institution and host culture while exploring the international dimensions of their academic field. They experience life in an English speaking country by studying side-by-side with the locals. As your program sponsor, our company will help you have the best experience possible.

For more information about this position you can visit our company's web-site:
http://ccyfoundation.com/files/jobdescription.pdf

Please signify your acceptance of this offer by sending me an e-mail confirmation. You will receive a response within the next two business days. After we receive your e-mail, we can take the final steps in the hiring process.

We look forward to your acceptance of this offer and to a mutually
beneficial relationship. If you have any questions about this offer, feel free to call me at my direct number 902-400-0034.

Regards
Craig Hanlon

Contact Phone: 902-400-0034

Advertisement

#264371 by Gagan Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:21 pm
Exactly. These people are getting better.

I received this email too .This website was created on June 1st, 2015. Just looked it up and is registered under someone in California, USA.
#264373 by HillBilly Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:56 pm
hi and welcome, Joyja and Gagan. If you can get the complete headers from the emails you received, please post them along with the text body you have already posted. You can use the pencil looking button to edit your posts.

If you don't know how to reveal the complete headers of your email program, see the link at the bottom of my post and please delete any of your personal information before posting .

canonical name ccyfoundation.com.
aliases
addresses 98.139.135.129
Domain Whois record

Queried whois.internic.net with "dom ccyfoundation.com"...

Domain Name: CCYFOUNDATION.COM
Registrar: MELBOURNE IT, LTD. D/B/A INTERNET NAMES WORLDWIDE
Sponsoring Registrar IANA ID: 13
Whois Server: whois.melbourneit.com
Referral URL: http://www.melbourneit.com
Name Server: YNS1.YAHOO.COM
Name Server: YNS2.YAHOO.COM
Status: clientTransferProhibited http://www.icann.org/epp#clientTransferProhibited
Updated Date: 01-jun-2015
Creation Date: 01-jun-2015
Expiration Date: 01-jun-2016

>>> Last update of whois database: Wed, 19 Aug 2015 19:06:04 GMT <<<
Queried whois.melbourneit.com with "ccyfoundation.com"...

Domain Name: ccyfoundation.com
Registry Domain ID: 1934701131_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.melbourneit.com
Registrar URL: http://www.melbourneit.com.au
Updated Date: 2015-06-01T19:56:31Z
Creation Date: 2015-06-01T19:56:14Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2016-06-01T19:56:14Z
Registrar: Melbourne IT Ltd
Registrar IANA ID: 13
Registrar Abuse Contact Email: [email protected]
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +61.386242300
Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited
Registry Registrant ID:
Registrant Name: Murray McGinn
Registrant Organization: ccyfoundation
Registrant Street: PO Box 61359
Registrant City: Sunnyvale
Registrant State/Province: CA
Registrant Postal Code: 94088
Registrant Country: US
Registrant Phone: +1.5105952002
Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Fax:
Registrant Fax Ext:
Registrant Email: [email protected]
Registry Admin ID:
Admin Name: Admin PrivateRegContact
Admin Organization: ccyfoundation
Admin Street: PO Box 61359 registered post accepted only
Admin City: Sunnyvale
Admin State/Province: CA
Admin Postal Code: 94088
Admin Country: US
Admin Phone: +1.5105952002
Admin Phone Ext:
Admin Fax:
Admin Fax Ext:
Admin Email: [email protected]

#264394 by YohaMA Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:48 pm
LOL check out mine. Different company name but same content.

Please download employment documents from our company web-site please fill out both forms Employee Registration Form and Agreement.

http://youth-foundation.com/files/registration.pdf

http://youth-foundation.com/files/agreement.pdf

Submit all the paperwork along with the application forms and put your signature.

Send documentation back to my e-mail or you can use fax number (902)-812-0158

You will be accepted for employment after approval by security department. The contract takes power-from the date when your application form is accepted in a proper form.

I would contact you back once your applications is approved usually it takes 1-2 business days.

Regards
Craig Welwood

Contact Phone: 902-500-0014

#264415 by vonpaso xlura Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:20 pm
Could you post the emails you exchanged with CCY or Foreign Youth after that? Also transcripts of conversations you had on Yahoo. That would give a clearer picture of what the scam is.

Both sites claim to be in Prince Edward Island, but have phone numbers in Nova Scotia.

The address in California is that of a registrant hider. ETA: apparently not; the phone number does not match the address.
Last edited by vonpaso xlura on Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#264484 by Bigbear Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:57 am
I received the same offers a few days ago, but I suspected something was fishy about this, so I did not fill out the requested forms. Also, I called the building management of their location and they are not where they say they are.

A family member told me they did something similar to this already and they ended up recieving stolen money into their bank account, then the scam company would request for you to transfer 75% of the money to a broker. The bank ended up freezing the account and all funds in the account when the family member thought this was too fishy and reported it. To make a long story short, the police got involved, the money was returned to the victims and my family member had to get a new account and debit card. It was a huge headache!
#264498 by YohaMA Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:57 pm
Day 1
welcome to Foreign Youth Foundation of Canada. We are pleased to extend an offer of employment to you in the position of Development Manager.

This position requires the individual to be comfortable in a challenging, fast-paced work environment, and be able to work with minimal supervision. You will report directly to the supervising manager. Our employees are chosen from the most qualified people in the industry, and you were chosen from a group of excellent candidates.

The Development Manager contributes to the mission of Foreign Youth Foundation of Canada by assisting our students with permanent housing and study programs. This position allows you to work distantly from your home. Meaning you can work from any province in Canada. The Development Manager performs a variety of Internet research functions and uses word processing, spreadsheets,and presentations. It requires strong computer and Internet research skills, flexibility, excellent interpersonal skills, along with the ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as outside clients and vendors. Sensitivity to confidential matters may be required.

Foreign Youth Foundation of Canada is a global organization devoted to promoting cross-cultural engagement through work and volunteer exchange programs. Our company mission is to provide affordable access to international education for a diverse student population. Students gain intercultural competence through integration into their host institution and host culture while exploring the international dimensions of their academic field. They experience life in an English speaking country by studying side-by-side with the locals. As your program sponsor, our company will help you have the best experience possible.

For more information about this position you can visit our company's web-site:
http://youth-foundation.com/files/jobdescription.pdf

Please signify your acceptance of this offer by sending me an e-mail confirmation. You will receive a response within the next two business days. After we receive your e-mail, we can take the final steps in the hiring process.

We look forward to your acceptance of this offer and to a mutually beneficial relationship. If you have any questions about this offer, feel free to call me at my direct number 902-500-0014.

Regards
Craig Welwood

Day 3 Employment documents received

Day 5- I actually filled out the application form and send it back ...SIGH

your documents has been transferred to our Security Department for background check this standard procedure usually it takes 1-2 business days, I'll inform you as soon as I will receive their decision. Thank you.

Regards
Craig Welwood

Day 6- I got the job offer after the so called security check .

Then was given this task -
Thank you for expressing your interest in employment opportunities with Foreign Youth Foundation of Canada. We strive to be an excellent workplace and are pleased that you would like to join our team. Enjoy your first working day!

Today you will be creating a winning presentation describing the area you are living. It might be your city or province, you decide! We want it to be impressive for foreign students and get the idea how great it is to visit Canada or study in Canada.

How to make a presentation?

The foundation of every presentation should be a clear statement of the goal of the presentation. While I am sure you would agree with this, stating a clear goal is much harder than it seems.

Make your presentation goals achievable with these simple presentation tips:

- Describe your area, mentioning the opportunities for students
- Include information for the most famous sightseeing, libraries, museums, squares etc.
- Embrace as much sights of your city or province as possible
- Include the information about the public transportation to that places
- Length 20 pages ( slides ) you can create more than 20 pages if needed, it's up to you.

Audience: Remember, our audience is youth that should be interested to visit Canada.
Reach out to the audience using Visual Aids. Include as much images as possible to make it more vivid and informative.
Usually kids 14-19 years old

This project will require a large amount of research, planning, and design. Plan your time wisely. If you have any questions, please feel free to e-mail me back with your questions or call me. However, remember to be professional. As always, you should e-mail me with questions; but know that I will not be available to remedy problems immediately before the assignment is due. Make sure you plan enough time to complete the assignment and upload the file correctly.

The presentation should be done in MS Power point or PDF (acrobat reader)

SUBMIT TO: Craig Welwood
SEND TO: [email protected]
DUE DATE: Friday, 21 August, 2015 before 5 PM ( Atlantic Time Zone )

While you are working on your first assignment please give me a brief report on the following questions:

1) Do you have a printer? Is there a place nearby, where you can quickly print out documents.

2) How far from your house is the closest post office? Would you need any additional gas coverage to travel there?

Thank you for considering a career with Foreign Youth Foundation of Canada.

Regards
Craig Welwood

There is no specific message on Yahoo messenger to add as (I am only required to say Good morning LOL)
#264795 by vonpaso xlura Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:11 pm
Bigbear wrote:I received the same offers a few days ago, but I suspected something was fishy about this, so I did not fill out the requested forms. Also, I called the building management of their location and they are not where they say they are.

A family member told me they did something similar to this already and they ended up recieving stolen money into their bank account,

Which of these two websites are you referring to? Did the family member apply to one of these two or to another scam site? The questions about the post office and the printer sound more appropriate to a package mule than a money mule.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#264896 by Hele Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:37 am
Thank you for posting all this information. My son applied got the same job offering and he "signed" the employment agreement. Can anyone tell me what to do because I am scared with the information this guy has of my son. And if there any legal thing I can do; for example reporting to the police.
Thank you so very much for your answers.
#264910 by HillBilly Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:17 am
Hele wrote:Thank you for posting all this information. My son applied got the same job offering and he "signed" the employment agreement. Can anyone tell me what to do because I am scared with the information this guy has of my son. And if there any legal thing I can do; for example reporting to the police.
Thank you so very much for your answers.

Hele, chances are good nothing "legal" can be done to rectify your situation (as in court actions), as the contract is likely fake and unenforceable. You can try reporting it to your local police, but if they will get involved or not is up to them. You might have to prove to them criminal action and jurisdiction for them to get involved. That might be hard to prove on your part. But please do try to report it. I'm just trying to tell you that not all local police departments are cooperative when it comes to frauds like this.

it is now likely that the scammer might impersonate your son. Now that he has his real life personal information. Note that impersonate does not equal steal his identity.

Chances are good the scammer is not sophisticated enough to steal an ID, they only wanted your money.

You should create some "Google alerts" for all of the personal information given to these scammers. Go to http://www.google.com/alerts and set up one each for “complete address" , ”bldg # street name" "Drivers license #" "SSN" "FirstName LastName" and "LastName FirstName", “email address”, and what ever other data you have given. be sure to use only one alert per quotation query.

use the quotes " " as above for each one of the alerts they set up with Google. It is not likely the ID will be compromised, but I think its better to err on the side of safe, rather than sorry in this case. If the alerts ever show results, address them at that time.

If it is a passport # then contact homeland security (USA) ( Department of State) and report it compromised to be issued a new passport #. If a different country then contact the issuing authority of that country, and be sure to report it as compromised so you can be issued a new PP #. If they do try anything stupid, you do not want it coming back to haunt you in any way.

You should try to report the scam to your local police, if you are in the USA then also the IC3, and if you are in the UK then actionFraud. If you are not in the US or UK try going to http://econsumer.gov/ and see if yours is a member country.

#264920 by HannahsDad Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:12 pm
CCYF Cross-Culture Youth Foundation at http://ccyfoundation.com

Cross-Culture Youth Foundation organizes reciprocal educational exchange programs for International Students through partnerships with government and private agencies in many countries…

International students have benefited from the support and expertise of CCYF. Our global network is united by the belief that full cultural immersion is the most effective means to gain the skills needed to thrive in an increasingly multicultural, interconnected and competitive global society.

CCYF offers the journey of a lifetime. An adventure that reveals the best in people, and enables you to make lifelong connections that will change the way you see the world. We are with you every step of the way, and create a safe, supportive environment in which to explore and gain a deeper understanding of different cultures.

+1 (902) 400-0034
20 Great George St, Charlottetown, PE C1A 4J6, Canada

#265034 by HannahsDad Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:53 pm
CCYF – Cross-Culture Youth Foundation
Employment Agreement – Regional Representative

BETWEEN:

YOUR NAME

(Hereinafter called "Employee"), an individual with his main address at:

FULL ADDRESS

AND:

CROSS-CULTURE YOUTH FOUNDATION, (hereinafter called "Company"), organized and existing under the laws with its head office located at: 20 Great George St, Charlottetown, PE C1A 4J6, Canada

RECITALS

1. Terms of Agreement. The Employer has agreed to employ the Employee as "Regional Representative" the Employee accepted such employment upon the terms and conditions hereinafter set forth.

2. Duties, Term, and Compensation. The Employee’s duties, term of engagement, compensation and provisions for payment thereof shall be as set forth in the estimate previously provided to the Company by the Employee and which is attached as Exhibit A, which may be amended in writing from time to time, or supplemented with subsequent estimates for services to be rendered by the Employee and agreed to by the Company, and which collectively are hereby incorporated by reference.

3.Expenses. During the term of this Agreement, the Employee shall bill and the Company shall reimburse [him or her] for all reasonable and approved out-of-pocket expenses (gas, transportation, paper print, etc...) which are incurred in connection with the performance of the duties hereunder.

4. Written Reports. The Company may request that project plans, progress reports and a final results report be provided by Employee on a monthly basis. A final results report shall be due at the conclusion of the project and shall be submitted to the Company in a confidential written report at such time. The results report shall be in such form and setting forth such information and data as is reasonably requested by the Company.

5. Inventions. Any and all inventions, discoveries, developments and innovations conceived by the Employee during this engagement relative to the duties under this Agreement shall be the exclusive property of the Company; and the Employee hereby assigns all right, title, and interest in the same to the Company. Any and all inventions, discoveries, developments and innovations conceived by the Employee prior to the term of this Agreement and utilized by [him or her] in rendering duties to the Company are hereby licensed to the Company for use in its operations and for an infinite duration. This license is non-exclusive, and may be assigned without the Employee’s prior written approval by the Company to a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Company.

6.Confidentiality. The Employee acknowledges that during the engagement [he or she] will have access to and become acquainted with various trade secrets, inventions, innovations, processes, information, records and specifications owned or licensed by the Company and/or used by the Company in connection with the operation of its business including, without limitation, the Company’s business and product processes, methods, customer lists, accounts and procedures. The Employee agrees that [he or she] will not disclose any of the aforesaid, directly or indirectly, or use any of them in any manner, either during the term of this Agreement or at any time thereafter, except as required in the course of this engagement with the Company. All files, records, documents, blueprints, specifications, information, letters, notes, media lists, original artwork/creative, notebooks, and similar items relating to the business of the Company, whether prepared by the Employee or otherwise coming into [his or her] possession, shall remain the exclusive property of the Company. The Employee shall not retain any copies of the foregoing without the Company’s prior written permission. Upon the expiration or earlier termination of this Agreement, or whenever requested by the Company, the Employee shall immediately deliver to the Company all such files, records, documents, specifications, information, and other items in [his or her] possession or under [his or her] control. The Employee further agrees that [he or she] will not disclose [his or her] retention as an independent Employee or the terms of this Agreement to any person without the prior written consent of the Company and shall at all times preserve the confidential nature of [his or her] relationship to the Company and of the services hereunder.

7.Conflicts of Interest; Non-hire Provision. The Employee represents that [he or she] is free to enter into this Agreement, and that this engagement does not violate the terms of any agreement between the Employee and any third party. Further, the Employee, in rendering [his or her] duties shall not utilize any invention, discovery, development, improvement, innovation, or trade secret in which [he or she] does not have a proprietary interest. During the term of this agreement, the Employee shall devote as much of [his or her] productive time, energy and abilities to the performance of [his or her] duties hereunder as is necessary to perform the required duties in a timely and productive manner. The Employee is expressly free to perform services for other parties while performing services for the Company. For a period of six months following any termination, the Employee shall not, directly or indirectly hire, solicit, or encourage to leave the Company’s employment, any Employee, consultant, or employee of the Company or hire any such Employee,consultant, or employee who has left the Company’s employment or contractual engagement within one year of such employment or engagement.

8.Right to Injunction. The parties hereto acknowledge that the services to be rendered by the Employee under this Agreement and the rights and privileges granted to the Company under the Agreement are of a special, unique, unusual, and extra ordinary character which gives them a peculiar value, the loss of which cannot be reasonably or adequately compensated by damages in any action at law, and the breach by the Employee of any of the provisions of this Agreement will cause the Company irreparable injury and damage. The Employee expressly agrees that the Company shall be entitled to injunctive and other equitable relief in the event of, or to prevent, a breach of any provision of this Agreement by the Employee. Resort to such equitable relief, however, shall not be construed to be a waiver of any other rights or remedies that the Company may have for damages or otherwise. The various rights and remedies of the Company under this Agreement or otherwise shall be construed to be cumulative, and no one of the them shall be exclusive of any other or of any right or remedy allowed by law.

9.Merger. This Agreement shall not be terminated by the merger or consolidation of the Company into or with any other entity.

10.Termination. The Company may terminate this Agreement at any time by 10 working days’ written notice to the Employee. In addition, if the Employee is convicted of any crime or offense, fails or refuses to comply with the written policies or reasonable directive of the Company, is guilty of serious misconduct in connection with performance hereunder, or materially breaches provisions of this Agreement, the Company at any time may terminate the engagement of the Employee immediately and without prior written notice to the Employee.

11.Benefits. The Employee eligible for half dental insurance, paid vacation, sick leave, retirement benefits, social security, worker’s compensation, health or disability upon completing the trial period and official permanent employment notice received from the company's authorities.

12.Successors and Assigns. All of the provisions of this Agreement shall be binding upon and inure to the benefit of the parties hereto and their respective heirs, if any, successors, and assigns.

13.Headings. Section headings are not to be considered a part of this Agreement and are not intended to be a full and accurate description of the contents hereof.

14.Waiver. Waiver by one party hereto of breach of any provision of this Agreement by the other shall not operate or be construed as a continuing waiver.

15. Assignment. The Employee shall not assign any of [his or her] rights under this Agreement, or delegate the performance of any of [his or her] duties hereunder, without the prior written consent of the Company.

16. Modification or Amendment. No amendment, change or modification of this Agreement shall be valid unless in writing signed by the parties hereto.

17.Entire Understanding. This document and any exhibit attached constitute the entire understanding and agreement of the parties, and any and all prior agreements, understandings, and representations are hereby terminated and canceled in their entirety and are of no further force and effect.

18.Unenforceability of Provisions. If any provision of this Agreement, or any portion thereof, is held to be invalid and unenforceable, then the remainder of this Agreement shall nevertheless remain in full force and effect.