Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#6407 by DuppedDaddy Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:38 am
This report is being written as the result of a financial fraud that was committed against me by Avenue Financial Group (AFG) which I believe does not exist but the address they provide on their letterhead is 595 Stewart Avenue, Garden City, NY 11530. The telephone number that was used during all communications is 866.403.6662 and the fax number that was used is 516.977.1030. Their website is http://www.avenuefinancial.net. The names of the two people that I spoke with are Matthew Price (x274) and Dennis Crown (x0)

On December 11, 2008 My wife returned a call to Matthew Price of AFG who had contacted me regarding an online app for a debt consolidation loan I had done online at Prime-lenders.net. Matthew told her that I had been approved for $50k. Matthew explained that because this was a secured loan that I would need to provide collateral for insurance purposes as stated in the faxed agreement. The collateral required consisted of and was equal to 6 monthly payments totaling $2519.64 and since I was making such a large payment upfront that I would not need to begin repaying the loan until June of 2009. I reviewed the documents numerous times and even checked out their website. Everything appeared to be completely legitimate. I check the other rip off site and there was no mention of this company and the better business bureau had no records. My wife wiped out our checking account and savings account in order to pay for the collateral. On December 16, 2008 I contacted Matthew Price to inform him that I had the payment required to secure the loan. Matthew explained that the lender was located in Canada and that I needed to wire the funds directly to them. Matthew told me to go to Wal-Mart and ask for a red and white form called a Money Gram. I was to send the monies to Greta Wilson in Calgary, Canada. Since the fee was going to be $50.20 Matthew told me to simply send $2510 to cover the cost of the wire. My wife followed these instructions and contacted Matthew to provide him with the reference number. Matthew stated that the $50,000 loan would be directly deposited into my account on December 17, 2008.

On the morning of December 17, 2009 I received a phone message from Dennis Crown who identified himself as the customer service manager of AFG. Dennis stated in this message that there had been a slight problem with my loan and needed to contact him immediately. Upon contacting Dennis, I learned that the lender after reassessing my loan needed to purchase an additional $2519.64 in insurance to secure the loan. My other option was to receive a full refund. He never indicated that if I wanted a refund I would have to wait until January 10th to receive it, in fact, he implied that if I didn't want to send the additional security payment I could request a refund and it would be credited back to me immediately. I didn't have any money and spent the entire day with my wife thinking about our options. My better sense told me to take my losses and run, but my heart told me it was my only shot and what if it was legitimate, do I pass on money that would help me rebuild my crumbling life. My children and my wife were counting on me and Christmas is right around the corner.

I contacted Matthew Price who appeared to be completely unaware of the situation and stated that Dennis was a good man although very abrutted, would take care of the situation. I contacted Dennis and told him I would send the additional $2510 if he could guarantee in writing that no additional money would be needed and I would get my $50k deposited by December 19, 2008. He hesitated and then complied, I did receive a letter signed by there supposide CEO Phillip J Howard giving me a irrevocable guarantee that my $50k would be deposited with in one business day once the additional $2510 was received. I borrowed the money from a friend and promised to repay her the following day once I received the loan. Once again, I wired the $2510 to Greta Wilson in Calgary, Canada through a Money Gram at Wal-Mart.

December 19th rolled around and no wire. We were told by Dennis that the wire had until 5pm to show up in our account. I waited to 3pm PST to call Dennis and ask if he meant EST or PST. At that time he informed me that the lender had backed out of the deal that am and that he had been working tiredlessly all day to secure me a new loan. Which of course he did because he is such a great guy! He had managed to get one of their really good lenders to give me a loan for $100k and the payments would stay the same. He is such a hero he was able to get them to accept only an additional $5k instead of the $10k they wanted becaue they felt so bad that this was all happening because in all the 15 years he has been with this company they have never had this happen to such good people only to those people who have lied on their applications. He also informed me that they would most definately be pursueing that previous lender with full legal action. If I didn't want the $100k, like I stated, I could always take it and pay back the $50k right away and then only have the orginal $50k after all my first payment wasn't for a year!

I flattly refused and told him he was a scammer and I wanted my money back immediately. Of course he informed me that per my contreact I had to wait to the lenders next billing cycle and that would be January 10th in my case. Others have been told January 5th. I know now from reading this and the other rip off report site that I will never receive my money. I did check the "other" rip off site and there was no mention of AFG when I went look today there are 4 reports, there was no mention on your site, so that's why I am now informing you. this company is clearly the new name and operation of Clearbrook Lending group and Clearview lending. Same scam all different names. I hope that someone from this site that has been ripped off by Clearbrook or Clearview will call the above number and press 0 and then press 1, DO NOT LEAVE YOUR NAME, wait for Dennis Crown to answer and let me know if it's the same man/men from these other scams. Other contacts there are Brenda at 384 and a Mark Davis and David Stark, don't know their extentions.

I had to borrow that extra $2510 from a friend that didn't have it to lend but was thoughtful enough since I was giving it right back. I had to wipeout my checking account again, because fortunately or unfortunately depending on how you look at it I got paid on Friday the 19th, I had to take what was left in my checking account and then run all over town to about 4 different pay day advance palace to try and collect enough to pay my friend back, I could not have her be without her money becaue I was an idiot. I was $250 short, but she let it slide when I explained what had happened. I had the horrible task of sitting my 3 kids down this evening and explaining to them that we would not be having a Christmas. I do not get paid for another 2 weeks and I am now in debt to 4 different pay day advance places and my checking account is over drawn and will continue to get even more overdrawn due to the fact that I had to take all the money out I had to pay back my friend and I had debits coming out of there for other pay day loans I already had and bills of my own. My youngest does not understand why Santa can't just bring her a gift. My wife has not stopped crying since yesterday and my poor kids are so worried about what is going on because the don't understand.

Would you believe that Dennis Crown had the nerve to contact me a third time today Dec 20th? This time he stated that he had been working on our file because he felt so bad and he managed to get the company to accept only $3500 instead of the $5k. I told him no thanks and he said he would process my refund. I just said sure because I know now it is not ever going to be refunded. I am determined to find these individuals and prosecute them to the fullest extent possible. I am in complete distress, further in debt than I've ever been, and have no idea how I will function emotionally or financially in the next coming weeks and months. These evil bastards need to be stopped.
Advertisement

#6408 by Ralph Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:04 am
Hi Duped, welcome to Scamwarners.

I am sorry to hear that you have lost money to these scammers, as it seems you have already read, the Cedarbrook scam has been responsible for many poeple losing money in the same manner, it is more than likely the same group of scammers who have stolen from you.

You are correct in that the chances of your money being returned are virtually non existant.

You number one priority now needs to be to prevent further loss, the scammers have most likely not finished with you, identity fraud and account flashing are likely things they will try next.

If you look through the cedarbook thread there are security measures that you need to be taking straight away.

The cedarbrook thread is here viewtopic.php?f=26&t=1605 , it is not nice reading but it will help you to fistly learn how to prevent further loss and secondly to see that you are not alone.

One of our warners, Holly Brown has been assigned to that scam and knows more about what is going on than most of us so she would be the best person toi ask if you have any questions but any of the warners here will answer your questions as best we can.
#6441 by Holly Brown Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:28 am
Hello, DD, and welcome to Scamwarners, although I could wish it had been under better circumstances. I am so sorry to hear of your losses.

It makes me very angry to see how these scammers prey on those least able to afford the losses.

As Ralph said, if you have any questions, or even if you just want to vent, I've been told I'm a good listener :), so I would be happy to hear you out. There are things you must do to protect yourself from further losses, and there may be things you can do to help get your family through this crisis. Please PM me if you need to talk, or you can email me directly at [email protected].

[email protected] if you want to ask me more questions.
#6442 by DuppedDaddy Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:53 pm
Thanks Holly.

Yes, I would like whatever information you are able to give me regarding these scammers. It would be helpful. I don't see any options right now on how to help my family....just short of a miracle, there is not much hope. I think that is why my wife has made herself sick over this, she ended up in emergency Saturday night because of it. That money was the miracle we were hopeing for, probably should have been one of the red flags....miracles do not happen.

Without a "wind fall" of money, which doesn't just happen, I don't think Bill Gates or Oprah Winfrey are going to just call and say "let me help you out, just because" there is not much hope. I have tried to stay strong for my family, I know they are depending on me to do something, so I am making arrangements to move in with some friends and try and sell everything we have left. With no home, we don't need all the stuff that goes in it. I've tried to explain to my wife & kids, after all, it's just "stuff", right? :?

I know being angry or hateful isn't going to do anyone any good, especially me. These people unfortunately will continue to do what they do, they have no souls. Luckily for them, I do believe in a higher power and I believe one day they will answer to it and that's when he will get his revenge on them. I believe that revenge is greater than any revenge I can put on them.

I just can't believe that some law enforcement agency has not been able to catch these people. Some agency should have people posing as borrowers sending money so they can trace it, working with money gram to have people waiting when these people pick up the money etc...It's a big enough crime and there are enough people involved to warrant this type of investigation. I guess wishful thinking.......that kind of wishing goes along with wishing there was an agency or person out there that lent to people in my perdicament, guess that way of thinking is why I'm where I am now.
#6571 by Akai Ryu Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:28 pm
Hi, DuppedDaddy. Thanks for your story and sorry to hear you were ripped off by these vermin. Yours is one of many--these particular scammers are very good at what they do.

The scam site does not appear to be there any longer.

As of today it shows a parked page:

Updated Date: 29-dec-2008
Creation Date: 05-nov-2008
Expiration Date: 05-nov-2009

It is likely that these particular scammers moved onto a new site by now as that one was from early November. They do not keep their sites for very long before abandoning them--but unfortunately, they don't need to do so. The problem becomes that as soon as word gets out about a particular site being a scam, the scammers have likely already abandoned that site, or will do so shortly after such reports start. By then, they have already raked in a lot of money from their victims.

The site was listed at aa419.org database of advance-fee fraud sites as of 12/20. I don't know if anyone sent an abuse complaint against the website:

http://db.aa419.org/fakebanksview.php?key=32434

They have spammed Craigslist:

http://albuquerque.craigslist.org/fns/958048570.html

Please help me in flagging the post so we can get it removed.

More stories about scam victims from this group can be read here:

http://800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-866-403-6662

iwas scammed for 1734 from avenue financial. i was desperate to secure a small loan because my credit is in the toilet and no one would lend me any money. i thought they were legit but i guess not. i wish i found this site before i sent money.

idon't know how they live with themselves doing this to people. my husband is disabled and i am the only support. i also have my 2 grandsons ages 5 and 12. how are you supposed to tell them there will be nothing under the tree this year because of your grandmother's stupidity to try and get a little ahead.

Really awful, despicable people.
#6591 by jjgred6g Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:41 pm
Dec 30, 2008

On December the 5th, 2008 I received a call from a Charles Dalton representing, "Avenue Financial group" stating that I was eligible for $5,000 loan at a 6 percent intrest over 36 months for $151.94, but a down payment of $911.64 was needed for collateral and no payments were due until July 1, 2009. The collateral was to be used for the first 6 payments towards the principal of the loan. At first I was leary of paying anything up front but I was assured that this was not a scam. I also did my own little research for the company name and did not find any negative information on the internet. I told Mr. Dalton that I would think about it and get back to him.

I called Mr. Dalton again on December 10th and told him I was interested in the loan and he faxed me the loan documents, the same day I faxed them to the same number I received the documents at Fax number 516-977-1030. He then instructed that once he received the paperwork to go ahead and make a Money Gram deposit in the amount of $910 with a $14.16 fee totaling $924.16 to a Rose Winton in Sydney, Canada; the fee would be reimbursed to me with the loan. Mr. Dalton said that once the money was deposited by Money Gram; the next busines day before 5 pm eastern standard time my $5,000 would be deposited into my bank along with the Money Gram fee. In addition he also needed the Refernce number to track the transaction. The next day I received a call from a Mr. Dennis Crown stating that he was customer service from Avenue Financial group.

Mr. Crown told me that becuase my credit was not excellant the lender approved the loan but in insurance company of the loan company could not approve the loan. He further stated that I needed to deposit another 6 months of collateral to show that, I as the customer is showing in good faith that I will not defualt on the loan and another deposit of $910 was needed for deposit. This amount would put me another 6 months without havng to make a payment until December 10, 2009 and would be toward the principal of the loan. Reluctantly I agreed and on December 12, 2009 I wired another $910 by money gram to the same person; Rose Winton in Sydney, Canada. The next morning I called back Avenue Financial and talk to Mr. Crwon and asked if everything was still in good standing and when the money would be deposited. He answered that everything was godd and I should receive my money before 5 pm Eastern time and if it didnt call him back. Later in that day he called m back and regretted to inform me that the lender backed out of the loan and that this was a legal manner on their part and steps were being taken against the loan company. I asked for me refund back but he said that he could not give me my money back becuase according to the contract I signed, Article VIII of the agreement, I could not recive a refund until the end of the Lender's billing cycle. My refund would be deposited into my bank on Jan 5th, 2008. Mr Crown gave me another option if I didn't want to wait for my refund, he said if i wanted to be approved for a $10,000 loan then all I would have to do is make another payment for 12 months for $1823.28 and i would not have to make any payments for 2 of the 3 years. I declined the offer and wanted my refund right away, Mr. Crown reinterated the agreement and that he would process my papwork for refund totaling $1823.28 and a $200 store credit for my troubles Jan 5, 2008.

On December 29 I received an eviction notice from my landlord to come up with the past due rent in 3 days or vacate the premesis. The money that was used to deposit for the loan was used for rent hoping a $5,000 loan would be deposited. This loan would have greatly helped us especially during the holiday season, it did just the total opposite and put us into more debt than we can recover from. I hope these people are arrested for the crimes they committed against not only myself but to the others who also fell victim to this unjustice. Avenue Financial Group no longer has their website up and Both of their Fax and Telephone numbers are no longer in service.

john

Company Name: Avenue Financial Group
Telephone Number:1-866-403-662
Fax Number: 1-516-977-1030
#6598 by Dotti Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:40 pm
Hello John, and welcome to scamwarners. I'm sorry your visit here is a result of a bad experience though.

I'm so sorry to hear that you were also scammed by this group. As you can see, you are not alone. These scum are good at what they do. They are organized, fast-moving, and even faster when it comes to changing names/sites as soon as word starts to get out about them.

If you haven't done so already, please check out the other related link, http://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=1605 as these people are capable of more than just taking your deposit money. You will want to make sure you protect yourself from further damage, and of course, Holly Brown is our resident warner dealing with information related to this particular scam, so please PM her if you have any questions she might be able to help you with.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#6649 by Jen37 Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:19 am
I have posted this elsewhere but just found this thread today so I apologize for being redundant. As an update, however, please note that I have added additional names to the list of companies (below) all being operated by the exact same people, an inference I've made based on strategies and timelines. I WANT THESE CRIMINALS TO PAY FOR THE HARM THEY HAVE CAUSED TO HUNDREDS OF PEOPLE AND THEIR FAMILIES. This is an absolute disgrace, absolutely incomprehensible, and such a shame that filth like this actually exists.

This report has been generated as the result of a financial fraud that was committed against me by Avenue Financial Group (AFG) which actually does not exist but the address they provide on their letterhead is 595 Stewart Avenue, Garden City, NY 11530. The telephone number that was used during all communications is 866.403.6662 and the fax number that was used is 516.977.1030. Their website is www.avenuefinancial.net. The names of the two people that I spoke with are Brenda Olsen (x384) and Dennis Crown (x0).

On December 5, 2008 I conducted an online search for a long term personal loan. Mind you, I had never applied for a loan in my life with the exception of my two college degrees and my automobile. I immediately recognized that name Lending Tree, LLC at www.lendingtree.com and decided to check further into the process required to obtain a loan. All that was required was that I fill out an application consisting of personal information such as my social security number and address. On December 9, 2008 I was contacted by Brenda Olsen who left a voicemail message stating that I had been approved for a $5,000 loan through Avenue Financial Group based out of New York. After searching for the company name online, I found multiple companies throughout the United States and Canada with the same name, checked the BBB which didn’t have any positive or negative information, and researched their website @ www.avenuefinancial.net.

I returned Brenda’s phone call on December 9, 2008. Brenda congratulated me on being approved for the $5,000 loan. She explained that because this was a secured loan that I would need to provide collateral for insurance purposes as stated in the faxed agreement. The collateral required consisted of and was equal to 5 monthly payments totaling $1,107.20 and since I was making such a large payment upfront that I would not need to begin repaying the loan until June of 2009 for two years at $221.00 per month. I reviewed the documents numerous times. Everything appeared to be completely legitimate. I borrowed money against my 401K account in order to pay for the collateral. On December 15, 2008 I contacted Brenda Olsen to inform her that I had the collateral payment required to secure the loan. Brenda explained that the lender was located in Canada and that I needed to wire the funds directly to them. I asked Brenda how to wire the money since I had zero knowledge or experience wiring money. She told me to go to Walmart and ask for a red and white form called a Money Gram. I was to send the collateral payment to the Canadian lender, Christine Osborne in Thompson, MB, Canada. Since the fee was going to be $22.00 Brenda told me to simply send $1,100 and the remaining monies would be credited to my loan. I followed all of these instructions and contacted Brenda to provide her with the reference number as requested. Brenda stated that the $5,000 loan would be directly deposited into my account on December 16, 2008.

On the morning of December 16, 2009 I received a voicemail message from Dennis Crown who identified himself as the customer service manager of AFG. Dennis stated in this message that there had been a slight problem with my loan and needed to contact him immediately. Upon contacting Dennis, I learned that the lender after reassessing my loan needed to purchase an additional $1,100 in insurance to secure the loan. My other option was to receive a full refund but that I would not be able to receive this refund until January 5, 2009. I contacted Brenda Olsen who appeared to be completely unaware of the situation and stated that Dennis was a good man and would take good care of me. Brenda also stated that Dennis needed to speak with me again. I contacted Dennis once again who stated that he had spoken with the lender and that they would work something out with me for an additional $800 instead of the original $1,100 to secure the loan. I wired an additional $800 to Christine Osborne in Thompson, MB, Canada through a Money Gram at Walmart. Because the amount wired was less than $800, I was only required to pay $14.16 for the Money Gram fee.

I shared this information with a friend who began to research the company online. She found reports posted by others on www.ripoffreport.com that were identical to my experience with the same exact company as well as similar stories with different companies. These individuals stated that their loans were never deposited into their checking accounts after making two collateral payments. I knew at that point that I had been deceived. I contacted my local police department who filed a report with Financial Crimes. The following day I closed my checking account because they had my checking account number in order to transfer the loan. I also contacted all three credit bureaus to prevent identity theft since these criminals had all of my personal information including my social security number. They also had a faxed copy of my passport that I provided for their requirement to provide a type of government ID. The reason I provided this document as opposed to my driver’s license is because I was in my office and it was quicker than getting my wallet out of my purse.

Dennis Crown had the nerve to contact me a third time. This time he stated that they would provide me with a $10,000 loan but that I needed to pay an additional 10 monthly payments. I told him no and demanded a refund in the amount of $1,900. I pretended that I wasn’t aware that they had deceived me. Dennis informed me that a refund would be made on January 5, 2009 but since the company doesn’t exist I know that I will never see this money again unless someone finds these criminals and prosecutes them to the fullest extent possible. This experience has been completely and utterly devastating. I have been severely violated and am in complete distress.

The website of Avenue Financial was created on 11.05.08 through SiteTiki.com which is a company based out of Singapore. This information can be obtained through the WHOIS database which I discovered on the BBB website. According to http://www.ripoffreport.com/default.asp, there are a series of companies that are potentially being operated by the same people. This inference was derived as a result of the reports filed by other individuals indicating the exact same scam and strategies utilized. I have documented these and am happy to share them with anyone who can help. In addition, Jason from LA who also went through Lending Tree, LLC (see http://www.ripoffreport.com/default.asp) has contacted an attorney in LA as he was scammed out of more than $5,000 and is seeking to file a civil lawsuit

I pray that there is someone out there that can and is willing to assist me and other victims in finding these individuals who are hacking into Lending Tree’s website before they violate and take advantage of other innocent people. Please contact me if you have any information as to what I can do to seek justice and to put an end to their criminal practices.
Other Fraudulent and Fake Companies all being Operated by the Same Individuals:

Trenton Financial Group
Stanford Financial Group
Watson Financial Group
Beacon Financial Group
Fairway Financial Group
Bellwood Financial Group
National Trust Financial Group
Winchester Lending Group
Metro Lending Group
Charter Lending Group
Hudson Lending Group
Prevathon Lending Group
Moneta Lending Group
Invesco Lending Group
Oakdale Lending Group
Winfield Lending Group
Vision Lending Corporation
Capital Lending
Clearview Lending
Birchcliff Lending
Sutherland Lending
Parkway Lending
Superior Lending
First Universal Lending
Avalon Lending Services
Charter Stone Financial
Marrow and Parke Financial
Capital Venture Investments

If you have been a victim please contact your local authorities immediately. In addition, contact all three credit bureaus to protect your identity. You may also need to close your checking account immediately to protect yourself from further damage.

Moreover, make sure to file reports with http://www.ftc.gov/index.shtml, http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx, and all other government agencies such as the BBB, attorney general, and FBI as well as any media groups. Please share your story with Fraud Watchers and Scam Warners as well. We need all of the support that we can get.
#6693 by Jen37 Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:13 pm
Newly Updated Fraudulent and Fake Companies all being Operated by the Same Individuals

Mason Capital Group
Trenton Financial Group
Stanford Financial Group
Glendor Financial Group
Watson Financial Group
Beacon Financial Group
Fairway Financial Group
Bellwood Financial Group
National Trust Financial Group
Clearview Lending Group
Winchester Lending Group
Metro Lending Group
Charter Lending Group
Hudson Lending Group
Prevathon Lending Group
Moneta Lending Group
Invesco Lending Group
Oakdale Lending Group
Winfield Lending Group
Vision Lending Corporation
Capital Lending
Clearview Lending
Birchcliff Lending
Pioneer Lending
Sutherland Lending
Parkway Lending
Superior Lending
First Universal Lending
Avalon Lending Services
Best West Financial
Charter Stone Financial
Capital Venture Investments
#6736 by rugratsmomma Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:37 pm
Jen,
I just found your posting on January 5th, 2009. The way I found it was by complete accident as I was trying to find a valid telephone number to contact Dennis Crown at Avenue Financial Group.
The loan executive that I dealt with was Ethan Hunt (I giggled when I heard his name as that is the character from Mission: Impossible.).
The weird part about your story is that I, too, was scammed on the EXACT same days. I was taken for $1050.00 and of course, the $21.00 fee for Moneygram. The person that I sent my money to was named Alisa McDonald. I was assured by Ethan that she was a nice lady. I'm sure she was happy when I sent the money too!
After I got my phone call from Dennis Crown, I was hopping mad. I told him that I was going to call the BBB and report him. He then replied to me that I "didn't know who I was dealing with." I took that as a personal threat. I called Ethan, who seemed completely unaware of the situation. I told him how angry I was and he assured me that Dennis would do right by me. But first, I needed to calm down, "have a cup of tea or go take a hot bath." That made me even more furious and I hung up the phone.
I filed a complaint with the BBB of New York that day. I included in my statement the information about Dennis Crown and his threatening manner.
Since I discovered the fraud, I have contacted the local police, the attorney general of my state, the banking and finance commision of my state, FTC and even the local media for where I live. I am also considering contacting an attorney and bringing a civil suit as I want the a**holes to pay for what they did. If the perpetrators cannot be caught, then I believe Lending Tree should be held financially liable for what they allowed to happen. The fact that it is continuing to happen is showing that Lending Tree is either uncaring about their reputation or they are not bothering to fix the problem.
If I get anywhere with a class action suit, I will surely post it for you and others to contact.
Thanks for letting me vent. I hope we can get some action and the people who are doing this can be caught.
#6747 by Jen37 Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:17 am
Hi RRM,

First off, I am really sorry that this happened to you too.

It's absolutely unbelievable to read your story as they apply the exact same tactics to each on of their victims. Have you reported this to Scam Busters in Canada as well? They appeared very interested in taking my information though I am not certain that there is much they can do.

I too feel that Lending Tree, LLC should be held responsible for having either an unsecure site or someone who is leaking information. Make sure to visit www.fraudwatchers.org and read more about Lending Tree, LLC. If there is any chance that we have a case then I would like to pursue this to the fullest extent possible. Have you been to www.ripoffreport.com? I have posted my story there as well.

Keep me posted and I'll keep you posted should anything new arise. We may also wish to use the Private Messaging either here or on Fraud Watchers.

Thank you for writing. You are the only other person so far that appears to be interested in pursuing this further. There are many on the ripoffreport site, however, the problem there is that they don't have a PM feature for victims to communicate privately. I've been trying to get those people to visit this site as well as the Fraud Watchers site for that purpose but I have been unsuccessful.

I look forward to hearing back!
#6749 by Jillian Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:15 pm
Hi rugratsmomma, and welcome here. I'm so sorry to hear your story; yet another account of this scam. If you've seen the other threads here on the Cedarbrook lending scam, please make sure you read through them for information. Please also read the information on the FTC site about defending yourself from identity theft. http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/microsites/idtheft/

It sounds like you have been thorough in reporting this. Good for you. Please feel free to ask questions. If you'd like PM help you can contact any admin, moderator, warner or advisor here. One of our warners, Holly Brown, has been specifically working with victims of this scam so feel free to contact her any time.

Have you sent a payment to a scammer with Western Union and now realize it's a scam? If the payment has not been picked up, you can cancel it immediately! 1-800-448-1492

Follow ScamWarners on Twitter: http://twitter.com/ScamWarners
#6903 by Jen37 Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:04 pm
Updated List of Advanced Loan Fraud Companies

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am providing an updated list of fraudulent companies all operated by the same individuals using the EXACT same strategies. If you are a victim of any of these companies please report your story IMMEDIATELY to www.badcreditloanwarning.com as well as http://www.canadian-money-advisor.ca/!!!!! In addition, please let us know if you have worked with a fraudulent company that is not listed below. Thanks.

Accommodative Financial Solutions

Altimax Financial
Best West Financial
Brockville Financial
Charles D. Financial
Charter Stone Financial
NFG Financial
New General Financial
Peoples First Financial
Providence Financial
Remax Financial