Scams selling or giving away non-existent animals, often Puppy Scams.
#217183 by Deb_in_Abu_Dhabi Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:20 am
hi there.
this was posted on a Facebook buy and swap page in Abu Dhabi, UAE. I am pretty sure it is a scam??

"he don't wanna see my toys and he is looking for a new home b/c my kids love toy and i can't denied them but will rather give away Mussy my puppy i still have other love pets like Storm Hope and Freddie"... and a picture (which I can't figure out how to post) of I think French Bulldog pups??

Not sure if anyone has seen these over this part of the world before?

The poster's FB name was "Randy Author" which kind of gave it away for me!!

Deb
Advertisement

#217202 by Dotti Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:07 am
Anything involving free bulldog or yorkie puppies is a scam. In the unlikely event that someone does pay the large cost to buy one and then can't keep it, he/she will either sell it to recoup some of the money, or he/she will have family members or friends/acquaintances that will jump at the chance to take it. They would never need to post an ad for it.

99% of the time, the scammer has no puppy at all, and is simply looking to collect advance payment for a puppy you will never get. In the rare situation in which he/she actually has a puppy, you can assume that there is a problem with the puppy, most likely a significant health defect, that is being concealed. Bulldogs are prone to a number of serious genetic defects, and on occasion there have been scenarios in which someone has bought one from a poor breeder, only to find out there are major issues he/she does not want to deal with--so the buyer has simply dumped the puppy and its problems on someone else.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.