Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#216499 by Joshua Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:15 am
Southern Bahrain Oil & Gas <[email protected]>

Jul 30

to

30/07/2014

Hello:

Hope this message finds you well!

I received your resume from our recruiter on Linkedin and wanted to send a quick note your way. Not sure of your current employment status and your short and long term career goals, but we have openings at our new United Kingdom establishment that might be a great next step for you. Can you take a look with us, if interested you can contact me on [email protected].

Our desire to hire foreigners fits our company’s strategic hiring needs for a diverse workforce. It is also due to our urgent need for experienced expatriates to join our United Kingdom team with immediate effect.

The company provides fully serviced accommodation, competitive benefits and salary, paid periodic vacations and will arrange relocation (with family, if necessary) amongst a host of other incentives.

If not interested in the role or if now isn’t a great time for a move, just let me know if I can help in the future or if you need assistance in making a connection.

Thanks.

Sincerely,

Dr. Darwin Jiao
T: (+44) 7024081671
For: Southern Bahrain Oil and Gas Plc
Johnstone House, 5 Rose Street
Aberdeen, AB10 1UD
United Kingdom
Advertisement

#216529 by Dotti Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:37 pm
A legitimate office in UK would not have a 4470 phone number. Those are redirect numbers, used most often by scammers who are pretending to be in UK when they are not. A legitimate business in UK would have a legitimate UK phone number.

Looks like we have a fake domain here as well, opened only 6 weeks ago:

Domain Name: SBOIL-PLC.COM
Registrar: ENOM, INC.
Whois Server: whois.enom.com
Referral URL: http://www.enom.com
Name Server: NS10.NLKODDOS.COM
Name Server: NS9.NLKODDOS.COM
Updated Date: 03-jul-2014
Creation Date: 03-jul-2014
Expiration Date: 03-jul-2015

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#216538 by vonpaso xlura Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:38 pm
^You forgot to mention the hidden registrant. Scammers use those all the time. The domain is in the process of being reported for fraud.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#216549 by Tiagojansem Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:11 pm
Hello all. I received the same email from this company and this guy take a look.

30/07/2014

Hello:

Hope this message finds you well!

I received your resume from our recruiter on Linkedin and wanted to send a quick note your way. Not sure of your current employment status and your short and long term career goals, but we have openings at our new United Kingdom establishment that might be a great next step for you. Can you take a look with us, if interested you can contact me on [email protected].

Our desire to hire foreigners fits our company’s strategic hiring needs for a diverse workforce. It is also due to our urgent need for experienced expatriates to join our United Kingdom team with immediate effect.

The company provides fully serviced accommodation, competitive benefits and salary, paid periodic vacations and will arrange relocation (with family, if necessary) amongst a host of other incentives.

If not interested in the role or if now isn’t a great time for a move, just let me know if I can help in the future or if you need assistance in making a connection.

Thanks.

Sincerely,

Dr. Darwin Jiao
T: (+44) 7024081671
For: Southern Bahrain Oil and Gas Plc
Johnstone House, 5 Rose Street
#216550 by Tiagojansem Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:14 pm
I let they go a head with the process take a look on that too.

TO: Removed personal information. ~Bubbles
SEX: M
PASSPORT NUMBER: Removed personal information. ~Bubbles
Dear Sir,
RE: WORK PERMIT/LONG STAY VISA
Thank you for your recent application for a United Kingdom Work Permit. I am pleased to inform you
that your application has indeed been successful!
Your permits will be issued at our Embassy after you meet up with the below requirement:
Section 55 of The United Kingdom Government’s policy, work permits and immigration acts
demands that first time applicants register with the United Kingdom Employment Board for a
National Employment Number before your work permit is issued to you. This application will
cost you £455.00 (Four Hundred and Fifty Five British Pounds); it takes only (2) working days
after payment is received to issue your appointment letter for the endorsement of your Work
Permit at the British Consulate in your country. Additional £95.00 is set as visa application fee
for your spouse Removed personal information. ~Bubbles with passport number Removed personal information. ~Bubbles. A
total fee of £550.00 should be made payable through your lawyer handling this application.
Please remember to use your name as a reference when making the payment, because we shall use it
to process your application. Due to the large amount of applications we receive every day; we advise
that the payment is done as soon as possible. Upon receipt of the fees, we will process your application
and send you a copy of your work permit and employment registration certificate via priority mail so
that you can commence travel plans.
You will receive a visa appointment date after the above payment is received. Passport will be received
same day or the next working day, depending on work load at our embassy.
Date: 26 August 2014
John Brainheim
Immigration Officer
On behalf of the Secretary of State
Work Permit Services
Arden House, 198 Longbridge Road, Barking, IG11 8SY
United Kingdom
Work Permit Services
Arden House, 198 Longbridge Road, Barking, IG11 8SY
United Kingdom
Building a safe, just and tolerant society
Last edited by Bubbles on Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:48 pm, edited 3 times in total. Reason: Added quotes for clarity.