From: THE BICKLEY SCHOOL OF DANCING <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Subject: Information About Our School
THE BICKLEYS SCHOOL OF DANCING is searching for native English speaking teachers and Qualify Nanny/Baby Sitter, who are willing to work in UK. If interested, this site contains information about BSD and the position offered.We are looking for teachers to come and work in an immersion program for kinder, primary and Jr. High. We are expecting teachers to stay in UK for at least one year. We offer a good salary, a furnished house, maid service, a competitive working environment , courses in education, and Spanish classes in order to learn the language.
The Bickleys requires us to have an international team of teachers working in the school. The teachers work with a constructivist approach; they develop research projects using investigation with the students. Our school work with the International Baccalaureate philosophy. BICKLEYS is
THE BICKLEY SCHOOL OF DANCING was founded in 1975, Brentwood Institute in 1994, Essy Torreon in 1999, Lake Skale in 2007. We are a sister schools and as such have the same administration and academic programs. Classes are 100% English in kindergarten, 80% English in 1st and 2nd grade and from 3rd to 5th grade 50% class time is taught in English and from 6th to 9th grade 70% English.
"Teaching Jobs ENGLAND" is proudly presented by THE BICKLEYS SCHOOL OF DANCING
The mission of the THE BICKLEYS SCHOOL OF DANCING is to develop students with psycho motor, affective and cognitive skills allowing them to use the critical thinking rationally supported by a solid awareness of their values. This kind of education will help them have a better life by equipping them to be agents of change according to their respective ages. The Institute, through an educational option at an international academic level, seeks to have a positive influence in the educational and cultural scenario of its community, state and country.
This kind of opportunity is for native English speaking people, who hold a degree either in Education, Psychology, Sociology or any other humanistic approaches. Experience is useful but not indispensable, and of course, Spanish is not required.
• Six months (January – June) (August- December)
• One year (August to July)
• Two years
• Three years
• Private health options and from the BRITISH government.
• Vacation /holidays.
• Spanish classes starting 6 months after arrival.
• Training/educational opportunities.
• Working visa will be processed and paid by the school. (this procedure takes from 2 to 3 months).
• A person that will help with the adaptation process will function as a tutor for a month.
• In the contract for 2 years travel expenses will be refunded upon completion of the contract for up to 500 USD.
• Performance bonus at the end of the school year.
Teacher's profile which may be developed within the International High School Program:
• Knowledge of its area
• Didactic training
• Positive attitude
• Able to work in teams
• Open Minded
• Have scientific interest
• Have a humanistic sense
• Be open to self improvement (An open sense of self - improvement)
HIRING PROPOSAL FOR INTERNATIONAL TEACHERS
• The housing under consideration will be within a 10 minute drive by car or public transport from school. Transportation to and from work
is the teacher’s responsibility.
• Furniture will be provided. This include, bedroom furniture, a small dining room, kitchen and living room. Appliances such as a refrigerator,
stove and water heater are included.
• The house also has air conditioning in the bedrooms.
• The school will provide a maid to clean the house twice a week. It will not include washing dishes or clothes.
• Utilities such as electricity, water , gas and telephone are to be paid by the house occupants.
• The school´s house is to be occupied by international teachers during their contract with the school. Teachers ending their contract with the
school will have 7 days to vacate the house.
• The houses are for 2 or 3 teachers, and the rent is paid by the school.
• The house is rented by the school, therefore only teachers working in our school are allowed to live there.
A competitive salary:
• The established salary for International teachers with degree is £4,000.00 GBP per month. This is converted into approximately $6,294.22 USD at
the current exchange rate. (May 2012).
• The established salary for International teachers with master degree is £6,000 GBP per month. This is converted into approximately $9,441.77 USD
at the current exchange rate. (May 2012).
• The salary is monthly and deposited into a bank account every 15 days.
• You will be getting a debit card from the bank for your account.
• The salary represents the net income.
• IA work visa will be processed by the school as soon as you get to BICKLEY, Kent. This procedure takes between 2 to 3 months. A tourist visa is required to
make this process.
• In order to be issued a work visa, you need to have a current passport and the apostille of your University Diploma. Without these papers, Work Visa can not
be processed and the contract will end at the moment.
• The cost of the working visa will be paid by the school. Government of England Health Care:
• The FM-3 work visa will be processed and with it, the instructions can be included in the Federal Health Care System, where they can receive medical
• Teachers will also receive a private Health Care option where they can be treated in case of accident without charges.
• In case of illness they will need to pay a deductible for Medical Attention. In case of prior illness this option is not possible due to the British law of Insurance.
Reimbursement of Travel Expense:
• Upon completion of the two years contract and fulfilling the academic requirements of the school (to be evaluated in teachers performance
reviews), return transportation will be reimbursed for up to 500 USD.
• At the end of the school year, the school shall grant a performance bonus depending on the employees result from August to the date the bonus is
issued, It can be up to 30 % of the
• In order to be included in this bonus consideration, the employee shall start working at the school no later than October 15th.
• Evaluations for the second semester are also reflected in the wage increase for the following year.
• Saving program The school provide a saving program for the teachers.
• Spanish classes will be given to all International teachers three months after their arrival.
• The school will provide a furnished apartment or house nearby, with two or three bedrooms, assigned by BICKLEYS, It will be decided by this institute who and how many teachers will live in each apartment. There will be one bedroom per teacher with respect of privacy.• The apartment has
2 bedrooms, living/dinning room, kitchen and one complete bathroom.• The house has all necessary kitchen appliances.• Air conditioner.• A maid will be provided twice a week. Academic Programs NURSERY AND KINDER This grades are taught 100% in English, the subjects programmed are Vocabulary (related to Social Studies and Science), Prewriting or Phonics and Mathematics. The homeroom teacher is expected to speak English at all times. 1st and 2nd GRADE OF PRIMARY These grades have an English homeroom teacher. They receive Spanish class for an hour and a half per day. In this manner, 80% of the class is given in English. The English teachers give the following subjects : Language Arts, Reading, Science and Mathematics. The Spanish teachers give Spanish, Reading and Social Studies. 3rd GRADE - 5th GRADE These grades have an English teacher for one half of the morning; the other half is spent with the Spanish teacher. Teachers in these grades will work with two different groups from the same level. The first half of the morning in one group and the second half in the other group. The English teacher will work with Language Arts, Reading, Science and Mathematics. The Spanish teacher instructs Spanish, Reading, History, Geography and Civics. 6th GRADE - 9th GRADE These grades have different teachers for each subject and a full time teacher will have on average 30 classes per week. The classes given in English are: English grammar, Literature, Universal History, Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics. Depending on the area the candidate can work in their area of expertise. All students complement their academic program with: Physical Education twice a week Art once a week.
Music once a week Computers from 3rd of kinder up to 9th grade twice a week Early stimulation from Nursery up to 3rd kinder once a week. Library session once a week. Our schools certified with the international Baccalaureate Organization in the Primary Years Program and for Middle Years program. With this accreditation and our philosophy we are working with a constructivism approach and inquiry based activities for academic purposes. Our curriculum has to be taught through inquiry using a constructivist approach. We are interested in developing students to be
investigative, reflective, open-minded, principled, risk takers, communicators, knowledgeable, inquiring, caring, balanced and thinkers; and for this purpose we use this educational approach.
TIME AND SCHEDULE
The schedule assigned depends on the level you are working:KINDER 7:30 am - 2:30 pm PRIMARY 7:20 am - 3:00 pm JR HIGH (6th-9th) 7:20 am - 3:00 pm ONCE A MONTH TEACHERS WORK UNTIL 4:00 P.M. WE WORK ONE SATURDAY EVERY MONTH 6 HOURS SPECIAL PROJECTS 9:30 - 4:00 PM During this time teachers
may have spare hours that are used for planning individually or with other teachers. We are required to be at the work place during this schedule. All teachers receive training, and this obligatory and not optional in case of being on Saturday this day is taken as a work day. So if
the teacher doesn't attend, a day of the salary will be deducted. We are also required to attend school events and parent meetings in the afternoon if the school office requires us to do so. We have courses planned for on the first two weeks of august.Students first day depends on Federal Schedule for schools. Contracts go from August 15th to July 15th of next year.
• Apostille of original certificate from University
• Two letters of recommendation.
• Letter of non-criminal record.
• Curriculum with picture and references
• Cover Letter
• Copy of passport
• Tourist Visa
• Birth Certificate
Waiting for your respond.
Mrs. Tina Adams
THE BICKLEYS SCHOOL OF DANCINGbickleys@email@example.com@hotmail.com
Tel: +44(0)701 114 7913
Fax: +44(0)113 320 0116