If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#85790 by soul Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:49 pm
Hi All

I am victim of romance scam. It is unfortunate that I have only learnt the tricks and stories after I became a victim and lost a lot of money in the process.

I believe my story is similar to others, in the pursue of a companion, fell for sob stories of a Christopher Antonio Fernandez who is a scam. I am sure now that is not his real name and the pictures could be stolen from someone else. The passport he gave me, as a form of his true identity came up to be fake. Yes I only realized it too late. The address he gave me in the IOU which he signed has not relation to him and is up for sale. I realized my mistakes too late.

His email is [email protected] and is supposed to be residing in UK, widowed with a daughter. He even used a little girl to communicate with me, so as to mislead me to believe this would be the new family I will get. He used my emotions and my belief that in general people are good and trustable and con 10-30kpound with each stories of his equipment being stuck in customs, he being in hospitals, a business partner being kidnapped. Each week there is some stories and situations and I am supposed to get him out.

The final straw came when he claimed he was held in custody at the scotland yard for his shady business in Nigeria and I was supposed to transfer a bail of 11,450pound to the metropolitian police. His lawyer named Abellona Jorgen ([email protected]) wrote to me with the severity of the case and said bail had to be made in next 2-3days. I got suspicious because there were numerous spelling mistakes in the mail and when I start calling the UK police to verify if anyone by the name of Chistopher Antonio Fernandez was being held and whether they would ask for a bank transfer for bail......guess what? My worst fear came through.

I have stopped contact with my scammer. There is nothing I can do to recover my money. I am hurt and felt stupid whenever I recalled the whole incident.
Advertisement

#85797 by John DeLaney Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:55 am
Hi soul, and welcome to Scamwarners.

Hurt? Yes, you will be for a long time.

Stupid? No you aren't. Romance scammers are very good at manipulating people, they are very skilful at what they do, and can always come up with plausible sounding reasons for everything.

Thankfully you finally checked, and discovered, too late unfortunately, that your love was just another scammer.

I'm sorry you have lost money to him, but you are not the first, and sadly, you won't be the last.

Please be careful out there, take care and check vigorously anyone you meet online, that asks you for money. In my opinion, anyone that asks for money from a person they only know online, will be a scammer.

I'm sorry you feel the way you do at present, the hurt is the hardest thing, please don't consider that you are stupid, as I said above, romance scammers are very good at what they do, and have no qualms about lying, stealing and begging for money.

Take care

John Delaney

John DeLaney
#86584 by soul Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:14 pm
Thank you John for your reply and indeed it is hard to forget when someone who you had trusted turned out to cause so much pain and hurt.

I want to list the names he gave me in all his stories for sending money. Althought I do not know what is his real name but I am sure these are real people who are helping him to collect the money I have sent. Let this be a warning to other people as I do not want anyone else to be in the same shoe as me.

Catherine Iseul
Hannah Iseul
Pauline Rodriguez
Zhang Xiu Jun
Emmanuella Rodriguez

His IP address is 41.206.12.70 and of course it is from Nigeria. I found that out too late.
#198467 by DrVideo Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:27 pm
I was sweet talked by this supposed lonely gay military man living in Miami. He told me that his 18 year old daughter was college South Africa. I got a little suspicious of his intentions when he asked why I didn't ask him how his daughter was doing.

To make a long story short, I met him on Scout, then we exchanged a few emails then it progressed to texting on Skype. I figured out his plan what he told me a Sob story about his daughter not having food to eat and being out of money. And since he was on duty in Afghanistan he was unable to wire her the needed money.

I told him that I was nobody's fool and after that his skype access to me was "pending approval"

So I was not taken for any money but I'm upset that this scumbag toyed with my emotions and chatted me up for a weeks time.

Soul, contact me if you would like to.

Eric
#198469 by Bryon Williams Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:39 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners DrVideo,

Please post his email address and couple of his initial emails to you. This will help others avoid him. Also his Skype ID.

I doubt soul will contact you. Its been 2 years since he/she posted.

The scammer lied to you as you know. He has access to his money. He does not need for anyone to pay for phone privileges or to pay for his leave.

The only person in South Africa is the scammer.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#198473 by DrVideo Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:59 pm
Here is a copy of his first email to me.

Chris Fernandez

Hello handsome..how are you doing and the weather out there with you now.Thanks so much for the message to me and i am so much happy to get your message in my inbox now...you have really put a nice smile on my face.
Well i was born in the British and raised there...I am the first son of my parents followed by my younger sister.
My dad passed away through cancer and my younger sister also passed away through an accident.I feel so sad when ever i am talking about all this.
Immediately my dad and my sister passed away...my mother has decided to take me to the USA and i continue to school there for a while.
I have finished my university in the USA later i entered into the army.
I am the only son left now...later i was into gay relationship and my mother got to know.....due to that, she disowned me as the son.
I am ok here with my self and i am living my life now as a wish...i live Florida Miami..i am having my own apartment there now which is being guide now by the state security.
I was in serious relationship before..i love the man that i dated for about three years not knowing this guy was just cheating on me and i have never get to know.Later before i got to know about this that he was dating another man else so i decided to divorce him.
I was single since then and just looking for the right man to spend the rest of my life with now.
I love to go out with my partner to the beach side to have fun..i also like to have a cook with my man together.
I like swimming...playing golf and base ball as well.
Hope you are enjoying your day and your night was good.
Thanks and i am here waiting to hear from you soon.
HUGS
#198515 by vonpaso xlura Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:26 am
Chris wrote:Well i was born in the British and raised there

No one who was born in the British and raised there would write like that. Unless he was born in the British West Africa.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#198583 by DrVideo Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:37 pm
Here's another email.

"Hello handsome..Chris Fernandez here..just a text to know if the email is correct.
Well i am from the united states and I lived in Florida Miami
I am USA E-6 Army Sargent and currently on a mission now in Afghanistan.
I am single and looking for the right man to spend all the rest of my life with...here are few pictures of me and i hope you would like them.
Thanks and i am waiting to hear from you soon."