Information on romance scams and scammers.
#29409 by Lioness Thu May 27, 2010 1:03 am
This person claims he is 54 and lives in Charlotte, NC. He says he works for Shell Oil Co. He has more aliases than I can count. He goes by the name of Stephen Frank email [email protected], also Curtis Brown email [email protected], James Owen, which I don't have an email for and more. I found out that he is in Lagos, Nigeria. I received several phone calls and have his international number. Unfortunately I have been ill and was not thinking and was stupid, and didn't even know about these scams, until I was a sucker. I am out 2000.00 but have turned him in the the IC3 Internet Fraud and to the Consumer Fraud Department. He has a friend that he said was an interior decorator, Kim Green [email protected] and needed money to pay her. I got a copy of the first page of the Moneygram and she forwarded the money to him. I keep asking her for the money because she is responsible for sending it to me but ignores me. I was really dumb. He even asked me to marry him. He swoons so well it is sickening. I don't want anyone else to get scammed and suckered by this person.
His phone numbers are 0112348059888899 and 336 233 3434.
5/29 Do you believe he just emailed me and told me he missed me, and wanted me to pay planefare home so he could take care of me. I told him to send my money back. I think he might be getting scared that I am on to him. I sure hope so. He has so many aliases. I think the pictures should be posted, I hope.
I failed to add, that he tells people he is on a business trip to London, England.
His pictures are all over the following link as Careers, then the name is Rick. This is supposedly in Hawaii.
http://www.focushawaii.com
Last edited by Lioness on Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:35 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Advertisement

#29410 by Ralph Thu May 27, 2010 1:30 am
Hi Camflys and welcome to Scamwarners. I'm sorry to hear you were scammed.

Could you please post the emails from these people as well as any pictures or headers, if another person were to find your post it currently does not prove that it is a scam and a victim may continue to be scammed as a result.

This thread will help you to post the information that we need to provide proof of a scam and help to keep others from falling victim viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3561

If you need help with any of this, please ask
#29413 by Lioness Thu May 27, 2010 1:57 am
Ralph,
That would be great if you can help me upload the pictures and I have a copy of a moneygram. I also have his phone numbers, can I post those?
#29415 by Ralph Thu May 27, 2010 2:03 am
Please do post his phone numbers and his emails.

I will send a PM with an email address that you can forward the pictures to and I can post those for you.
#29416 by Lioness Thu May 27, 2010 2:26 am
Thank you Ralph. I forgot I already put his email addresses in but will add his phone numbers. He called from the same 2 all the time.
#29665 by The Enchantress Mon May 31, 2010 3:40 pm
This scammer is using stolen photographs from (modellagency focushawaii) "Rick"

Photos - are scammers using yours? click here
Are you falling for a love scammer? click here
Never send money by Western Union/Moneygram.
Never give personal information.
Online anyone can claim to be anyone, any age and from anywhere.
#29666 by The Enchantress Mon May 31, 2010 3:40 pm
Fake ID used by this scammer

#29750 by The Enchantress Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:44 am
Hi camflys, Thank You for posting this additional information.

This may or may not be the same scammer - many scammers use the same stolen photographs.

The image is not of the scammer.

#29785 by Lioness Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:41 am
I forgot to add he is all over romancescam.com and he first shows up as Howard Davis. Hope this helps someone. There are oodles of pages with different names.
#30192 by Lioness Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:45 pm
I called Shell Oil Company and they never heard of this person. In addition, I sent them a pictiure of the fake Id they asked for. Since Kim Green [email protected] forwarded the money to him (his interior decorator see my addtion to my first post on him), she is the one responsible for sending my money back. She keeps ignoring me, which leads me to believe she is scamming with him. I have her mobile number, her name, and her address. Does anyone have any suggestions, or am I just out of luck since I was a fool. He got me at a very vulnerable time in my life and it is just stressing me out that I could send anything. Isn't there any enforcement agency of any kind that can at least catch these people. I have sent letters and gotten on every website I could think of.
Kim Greene even left a message on my voice mail saying she was his interior decorator. She lives at 69 Sikes Circle Mauldin, SC 29662. I also have her account number from her bank.
#30196 by Ralph Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:11 pm
Hi Lioness

It is important to note that the person running this particular scam is almost certainly a Nigerian man, the photos he uses are stolen and there are many other scammers who also have stolen that same set of photos.

What this means is that when you see another scammer that has the same pictures, it does not automatically mean that it is the same scammer, in fact, in most cases it will not be the same scammer.

Moving on to the next thing scammers do, scammers will usually create other characters as part of their scam, children, doctors, friends, family, barristers, lawyers and bankers to name a few, in almost all cases these additional characters will be played by the original scammer and this person will be just as fake as the original character.

The mention of this Kim Green is a classic example of this, Kim is almost certainly the same person who contacted you originally.

Scammers creat a complete fantasy for their victims, everything in that fantasy is fake, think about walking through Willy Wonka's chocolate factory, it all looks very real and delicious but nothing is real.